Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you think he’s as effective as Mo Salah then?

The numbers are what they are.

He might not fit people's idea of bing the right type of winger for Angeball, but so what?

What are the expectations of the right type of winger anyway: to create chances for the central strikers, to score some goals, to assist in goals to work with his full back in defense. He doesn't have to beat his man on the outside to do that.

Put Herr Kane on the end of Kulu's plays and he'd have double the goals Richarlson has. Kulu would then be praised as the assist king.

(Sure Richarlison has improved in the latter half, but he's still missed a god-awful number of genuine scoring opportunities).

The numbers are what they are.

He might not fit people's idea of bing the right type of winger for Angeball, but so what?

What are the expectations of the right type of winger anyway: to create chances for the central strikers, to score some goals, to assist in goals to work with his full back in defense. He doesn't have to beat his man on the outside to do that.

Put Herr Kane on the end of Kulu's plays and he'd have double the goals Richarlson has. Kulu would then be praised as the assist king.

(Sure Richarlison has improved in the latter half, but he's still missed a god-awful number of genuine scoring opportunities).
You didn’t answer the question. The stats you quoted are pointless as everybody knows that Kulu is not in the same league or never will be as Salah.

You seem to have forgotten that Kulu played the whole of last season with Kane & Kulu was woeful last season.

Let’s be honest, he wouldn’t get anywhere near the starting 11 of Liverpool, City or Woolwich who are the teams we’re looking to build a team capable of challenging them.

You didn’t answer the question. The stats you quoted are pointless as everybody knows that Kulu is not in the same league or never will be as Salah.

You seem to have forgotten that Kulu played the whole of last season with Kane & Kulu was woeful last season.

Let’s be honest, he wouldn’t get anywhere near the starting 11 of Liverpool, City or Woolwich who are the teams we’re looking to build a team capable of challenging them.

He’s like Bernardo Silva for City in that he can play a bunch of roles and makes your squad better. They might not be your star player but definitely good enough to start as often as you need them.

Kulusevski is a big club player that people misunderstand from a small club mentality because small clubs think in terms of “best 11” type players.

Liverpool Jota wouldn’t start for us if we think about it like starting 11, small club mentality… but he’d definitely make our squad better from a big club mentality

He’s like Bernardo Silva for City in that he can play a bunch of roles and makes your squad better. They might not be your star player but definitely good enough to start as often as you need them.

Kulusevski is a big club player that people misunderstand from a small club mentality because small clubs think in terms of “best 11” type players.

Liverpool Jota wouldn’t start for us if we think about it like starting 11, small club mentality… but he’d definitely make our squad better from a big club mentality

Jota starts for us. Probably ahead of Kulusevski.

Bernardo Silva is one of City’s best players. I don’t get the Kulu comparison because he’s just so much better and stylistically one is this mobile little beautiful to watch technician and the other .. well he’s Kulusevski.

Our Silva was Dembele. In that both are impossible to get off the wall, breathtaking to watch, great in big games, and underrated outside the club.

City have nobody really like Kulu. Pep would drop him like a bad habit, he’s got nimble little proper ballers like Foden already to play RW or 10.

Bernardo Silva is one of City’s best players. I don’t get the Kulu comparison because he’s just so much better and stylistically one is this mobile little beautiful to watch technician and the other .. well he’s Kulusevski.

Our Silva was Dembele. In that both are impossible to get off the wall, breathtaking to watch, great in big games, and underrated outside the club.

City have nobody really like Kulu. Pep would drop him like a bad habit, he’s got nimble little proper ballers like Foden already to play RW or 10.

“Jota starts for us” is small club mentality.

He starts for Liverpool at times. He’d start for us at times.

I guarantee Kulusevski would start at times for City. He’s caused City massive problems on several occasions and Pep has spoken publicly about rating him.

In a big club there are star players that the team is built around and then everyone else is a starting player. Kulusevski isn’t a star player for any of the big 6 but he’s starting quality for all of them

“Jota starts for us” is small club mentality.

He starts for Liverpool at times. He’d start for us at times.

I guarantee Kulusevski would start at times for City. He’s caused City massive problems on several occasions and Pep has spoken publicly about rating him.

In a big club there are star players that the team is built around and then everyone else is a starting player. Kulusevski isn’t a star player for any of the big 6 but he’s starting quality for all of them

I mean he’s definitely not starting quality at Liverpool where Salah is nailed every week. He’s not good in midfield or off the left. And he’s definitely never getting in on the right ahead of Saka.

Pep might rotate him in sometimes somewhere but Foden/Silva are both better players in bis preferred role.

Villa and United? Sure.

Jota has 12 g/a. Kulusevski has 8. One of these players has played more than 900 minutes more than the other. Guess which one would start.

I mean he’s definitely not starting quality at Liverpool where Salah is nailed every week. He’s not good in midfield or off the left. And he’s definitely never getting in on the right ahead of Saka.

Pep might rotate him in sometimes somewhere but Foden/Silva are both better players in bis preferred role.

Villa and United? Sure.

Jota has 12 g/a. Kulusevski has 8. One of these players has played more than 900 minutes more than the other. Guess which one would start.

There is no way he's starting ahead of Bailey right now at Villa.

If he was as effective as Mo Salah at 23 he's be worth 10 times what he is and Spurs couldn't afford him.

Kulu played the whole of last season under a different manager with a different system and a different midset.

The point being-because you clearly missed it- is the number of chances he creates is elite. This is for a23 year old who could be playing top level football for another 10 years.

Last edited:

Villa and United? Sure.

One of those has Richarlson, as stiker and Johnson (very young and inexperienced) and Son (no longer as fast) as attacking partners in a system for about 8 months. Guess which one that is?

It can actually go both ways- fans often over-rate and praise the opposition and under-rate and criticize their own players. And vice versa. Depends if the team won last week and by how much.

The earlier point about "stars". Real stars are those few players that on their own can raise the standard of their team overall. Most players play at the level of their teammates

If he was as effective as Mo Salah at 23 he's be worth 10 times what he is and Spurs couldn't afford him.

Kulu played the whole of last season under a different manager with a different system and a different midsight.

The point being-because you clearly missed it- is the number of chances he creates is elite. This is for a23 year old who could be playing top level football for another 10 years.
And yet when he signed for us the year before, he was playing under the same manager with the same system & did very well. He has not reached that level of performance & consistency since

Last edited:
Is that directed at me? If so FYI I called Kulusevski a surprise as he's not a Postecoglou winger the day he agreed to make the loan permanent.

If the team wins next week and even better he scores, he'll be suddenly good again.
If you feel it's aimed at you then I don't know what to say to you 🤣
What do these words even mean?
It means someone that worships specific players. It's weird. Support the team, want players to do well by all means. But we have people defending players even when they've been shit.

You are allowed to criticise. Deki has been woeful for the most part, especially in recent games.

If you feel it's aimed at you then I don't know what to say to you 🤣

It means someone that worships specific players. It's weird. Support the team, want players to do well by all means. But we have people defending players even when they've been shit.

You are allowed to criticise. Deki has been woeful for the most part, especially in recent games.
He was one of my favourite players but he’s slowly grating on me but I’m always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he can produce whether he’s playing poorly or good. He is a handful because of his bustling style. Defenders are never comfortable with him and that’s a good trait to have. For us to move forward and really start competing to win things the players that play in those wide areas have to be better and more consistent. It breaks down or slows down far too much when we get it on those positions. We don’t have any great dribblers that can beat players. What we have in Sonny ,Werner and Johnson is pace but they don’t use it anywhere near enough. Wide players should be getting us up off our seats but every one we have certainly don’t do that.
I hope Deki finds his form and can be consistently good till the end of the season but I’m not sure he’s going to be a long term fix for us.

Back
Top Bottom