Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree.

Honestly think you have a bias based purely on his pace and see things that confirm that.

Does a lot of very smart things.

How many players read Udogie making it in time to cross the ball and run to exactly the right spot?

People would have a wank about Kane's movement if he did that.

What he did for the goal was good, I said so in the match thread, good movement. My problem is what he does much of the time, and it’s not just a lack of pace, it’s a whole bunch of things. He’s not great under press, coughs up the ball a lot, he’s not great at pressing, on the ball he’s quite predictable and easy to play against.

What he did for the goal was good, I said so in the match thread, good movement. My problem is what he does much of the time, and it’s not just a lack of pace, it’s a whole bunch of things. He’s not great under press, coughs up the ball a lot, he’s not great at pressing, on the ball he’s quite predictable and easy to play against.

Think he’s usually in the right position in the press and an underrated tackler.

Also disagree about playing under pressure this season.

Last season he just got kicked from behind by pressing defenders and never got a whistle.

He’s clearly taken that away and learned how to buy himself a foul now. Watch him back today, especially after we took the lead. Very crafty winning fouls a few times.

Also takes very crafty 1st touches to sell defenders one way then goes the other. Turns the ball round the corner on pressing defenders as well.

Think he’s usually in the right position in the press and an underrated tackler.

Also disagree about playing under pressure this season.

Last season he just got kicked from behind by pressing defenders and never got a whistle.

He’s clearly taken that away and learned how to buy himself a foul now. Watch him back today, especially after we took the lead. Very crafty winning fouls a few times.

Also takes very crafty 1st touches to sell defenders one way then goes the other. Turns the ball round the corner on pressing defenders as well.

What ever he does do in terms of throwing off or beating a man, he struggles to make it stick because he has no acceleration burst.

He’s a nearly footballer, he’s got certain attributes that suggest promise, but some important ones are missing to make the good stuff count.

He’s not great in tight spaces, and that isn’t great in this system.

What ever he does do in terms of throwing off or beating a man, he struggles to make it stick because he has no acceleration burst.

He’s a nearly footballer, he’s got certain attributes that suggest promise, but some important ones are missing to make the good stuff count.

Think he ends the season with 20 goal involvements.

I remember Gary LIneker saying about Nayim, (I paraphrase from memory): "He was technically excellent, a very good player, but he didn't have that burst of pace to get away from opponents, and that stopped him from being a top player".

Kulu showed good reading of the play & determination to get in front of the defender for his goal, after Destiny's brilliant play.

But, in all our games this season, there have been occasions when that lack of a burst of pace limited his options & our attacking moves.

Last edited:
Think he ends the season with 20 goal involvements.
Wow!!

He created almost nothing today an popped up with a goal. Even Sarr's goal last week came off Manu player and bounced kindly to Sarr, not becasue Kulu put it there.

As soon as Solomon came on last week, the right changed, Solomon beat people, quick clean passing exactly what Kulu needs to do.

I still think he is better of as an AM, he really doesn't suit a RWF role. Porro is more threatening, and he's a RB.

I remember Gary LIneker saying about Nayim, (I paraphrase from memory): "He was technically excellent, a very good player, but he didn't have that burst of pace to get away from opponents, and that stopped him from being a top player".

Kulu showed good reading of the play & determination to get in front of the defender for his goal, after Destiny's brilliant play.

But, in all our games this season, there have been occasions when that lack of a burst of pace limited his options & our attacking moves.
The obvious moment was when Rich flicked it on near the centre circle and all of a sudden it opened up and he had a straight run through on goal.

A RW with a bit of pace there gets into the box for a 1v1, with him you just knew he wasn't getting away from the defenders.

I had visions of the Bale goal vs Norwich away. What we would give for that now.

Disagree.

Honestly think you have a bias based purely on his pace and see things that confirm that.

Does a lot of very smart things.

How many players read Udogie making it in time to cross the ball and run to exactly the right spot?

People would have a wank about Kane's movement if he did that.

To be there from his starting position with the right timing AND finish was the bollocks TBH.

Wow!!

He created almost nothing today an popped up with a goal. Even Sarr's goal last week came off Manu player and bounced kindly to Sarr, not becasue Kulu put it there.

As soon as Solomon came on last week, the right changed, Solomon beat people, quick clean passing exactly what Kulu needs to do.

I still think he is better of as an AM, he really doesn't suit a RWF role. Porro is more threatening, and he's a RB.
He will be our most consistent goal contributor this season from the RW.

Everything else is noise.

I like Kulu . Horses for courses over a long season. 100 minute matches and more substitutes make the team you end the match with as important as the one you start with. We could do with some pace and power in our forward options.

I'm so glad he got his goal, as I think he was starting to worry people about his lack of input (he probably still is worrying people) but at least he's off the mark, and knows where the goal is... Eh Richie Laaaa? :richclosed:

Interesting to see that BOTH our goals were neat little interplays, followed by a deft flick... as was Davies' (to some extent last week, albeit an OG in the end) ...there's definitely a pattern there, and one that is so difficult to play against, because the 'flick' could come from anyone!
That's 3 flicked goals, from 3 different scorers in 2 games...

...we just need a worldie from outside the box from Richarlison, and he'll be up and running too!!!

iu

He definitely wasn’t good besides the goal but it’s funny people complaining about lack of goals/assists and then he scores a goal and they switch to complaining about his general play.
That's nonsense...I complain about the totality of the nothingness that is Kulu and so have many/most others...and every point has unassailable merit which is why you've opted for this shitty, oblique method of attacking those that criticize him instead of the criticism itself. Play the ball not the men.

Back
Top Bottom