Defoe and Toure on Spurs Coaching Staff

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I hear in TS that both Jermaine Defoe and Yaya Toure have been taken on by Spurs as coaches. I believe for our youth squad(s).

I know very little about Toure, beyond his playing days with City, but I'm thinking that Defoe will make a good coach. He's always been a model professional who has come across as very knowledgeable about the dynamics of the game. He also seems to be one that has a lot of time for kids, so I could see him being a success at lower level whilst he gets his senior badges.

Welcome back Jermaine, and welcome to a proper club Yaya.

So I hear in TS that both Jermaine Defoe and Yaya Toure have been taken on by Spurs as coaches. I believe for our youth squad(s).

I know very little about Toure, beyond his playing days with City, but I'm thinking that Defoe will make a good coach. He's always been a model professional who has come across as very knowledgeable about the dynamics of the game. He also seems to be one that has a lot of time for kids, so I could see him being a success at lower level whilst he gets his senior badges.

Welcome back Jermaine, and welcome to a proper club Yaya.
I loved him when he played for us, when I saw his attempt to make the life of a dying child in anyway better , then support him and his parents to the very end...Well I loved the man he is. People like Jermain Defoe and Gary Mabbutt will always be part of our club.

Toure has been working with our under 18s for a while I believe as part of his coaching education. Like 2-3 days a week or something like that. And the club decided to offer him a job once he got his badges.

Defoe is going to basically do what Yaya did. Work at Spurs part time whilst pursuing his badges.

Love this!
I know people used to bang on about the 'Anfield bootroom' philosophy, but there's something to be said about having members of your coaching staff and club ambassadors who LOVE the club!
:ledley:
Time to reinstate the Defoe smiley, huh?

Just occurred to me, we have Toure in the coaching team and Bisouma in the first team.

I know Toure is involved more with the youth, but imagine him giving Bissouma tips

Defoe was a talented finisher but throughout most of his career I honestly think he cared more about scoring goals than his team winning games. Only towards the end did I see another side, where he seemed to work harder for his team on and off the ball.

I hope as a coach it's the latter that he gets through to the youngsters.

I was hoping he was going to make a living as a TV Pundit. We need more Ex Spurs on TV and he spoke well.
I'd rather someone of Defoe's quality is teaching our youngsters... rather than talking about the first team on MOTD...

Imagine the loss Ian Wright is to THAT CLUB, 'cos he's too busy chatting footie shit with Lineker & Shearer on a Saturday night!

Back
Top Bottom