dawson for england

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With tottenhams excellent defensive start shold dawson now be considered England 1st choice CB

Indeed if the this defensive meanness continues and england reach Brazil. (Big call) could the back four consist of three spurs players dawson walker and rose

Strangely, I think he's been nothing more than 'ok' defensively but still prone to mistake and aimless punts forward to no one.

Besides that however - hope he avoids injury if selected

End of the day, the other 'big' clubs now don't give a shit about England, so why should we 'give them' our best players. Look at Sturridge. Liverpool said he was injured for the last two internationals. You knew full well he would play in the next scouse match. Bingo. He plays and scores.

Look at Rooney. Can't play in the last two internationals because of a cut head. Man U find him a nice little hat. Bingo. He plays and scores in the Champions League a few days later.

Cunts.

England's dearth of quality centre halves and strikers isn't Tottenham's problem.

It might sound harsh but I don't want Dawson, Lennon, Defoe, Walker or anyone else getting injured whilst playing against Poland or Montenegro (if that is England's last two matches).

Our performances and squad give us reason to believe we can challenge on all four fronts, therefore all our players are required.

Based on the current track record of England appearances for Spurs players (Defoe the exception) .... he'll play once, getting dropped and end up being moved on ... al la Huddlestone, Livermore, Caulker!

With tottenhams excellent defensive start shold dawson now be considered England 1st choice CB

Indeed if the this defensive meanness continues and england reach Brazil. (Big call) could the back four consist of three spurs players dawson walker and rose
Rose no chance (Baines then Cole), but there's a possibility that the other two may. They should both make the squad.

I think he should be in there, and would be disappointed for him if he is over looked, seeing as from a players point of view surely playing for your country is what you aspire towards.

However from a selfish point of view, I wouldn't be that disappointed if no Spurs players are anywhere near that England squad.

I think our amazing defensive start has more to do with our midfield and keeper than our defense tbh

Our midfield doesn't give up possession easy and is relentless in winning it back then Lloris has made afew worldies this season too.

Daws for me can be a weak link at times, which I'm sure some will thoroughly disagree with.

Back
Top Bottom