Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly surprised he wants to leave.

He could be a backup here for a year and he’s still young enough that plenty of teams would love to sign him for free.

Surprised he’d go to turkey instead of having his pick of countries.
Galatasaray is a huge club in a cosmopolitan capital playing in the Champions League and paying big salaries.

That beats the hell out out just running a year of your career off the clock at under a manager that doesn't want you at age 27.

Best of luck to him. He didn't pay that big fee for himself and he's been nothing but professional.

Hope he succeeds, but I’m just happy he’s not going to mess up in a Spurs shirt again. Ange has figured out the weak links very quickly with Dier out the squad too. Anyway, if anyone is upset with selling Sanchez, I’ll leave you with this beauty

Premier League Goal GIF by Play Sports

Sanchez was unlucky in a sense that he came after the club had excellent centre backs who were a tough act to follow. If you write a list of our centre backs over the last 30 years Sanchez is closer to the top than the bottom for me. Mind you we’ve had some absolute shite.

One thing you cannot say about this guy is that he didn't give absolutely everything when he played.

It was very rarely enough, but he was FULLY committed and left whatever he had, out there on the field.

I have massive respect for that.

Classic spurs irony that we finally get rid of him, when we might actually need him (this season).

Either way, thanks for your professionalism, conduct and endeavour, Dave.

Good luck! 👍

He wants to see out his contract and then get his multi-million signing bonus from Inter Milan or something. I don't know what's going through his head.
The same thing when a dangerous ball is played into the box….. nothing

Dier that is. Not Sanchez.

Looked a lot better when he had someone competent next to him, and since the departures of Verts and Toby he didnt really get that. Always tried hard, should be a good move for him there.

Sanchez was unlucky in a sense that he came after the club had excellent centre backs who were a tough act to follow. If you write a list of our centre backs over the last 30 years Sanchez is closer to the top than the bottom for me. Mind you we’ve had some absolute shite.
I mean, yeah thats true but there aren't any good CBs lower than him are there. All the decent ones are above him.

We aren’t, Davies is better than Dier and Sanchez who both played tons of games last season

In Ange’s system we need good pace at CB. I don’t think Davies has enough pace.

Royal backing up both Romero and Porro makes sense.

I think we are still one CB short.

I hope Phillips is a revelation.

In general I am worried about depth. One injury to our defenders and we’re in trouble.

Hope he succeeds, but I’m just happy he’s not going to mess up in a Spurs shirt again. Ange has figured out the weak links very quickly with Dier out the squad too. Anyway, if anyone is upset with selling Sanchez, I’ll leave you with this beauty

Premier League Goal GIF by Play Sports
I can't believe the Dier/Sanchez era is actually over.

Seemed like a nightmare that would never end.

In general I am worried about depth. One injury to our defenders and we’re in trouble.
Davies has always been reliable and I would back him to do the job.

Galatasaray is a huge club in a cosmopolitan capital playing in the Champions League and paying big salaries.

That beats the hell out out just running a year of your career off the clock at under a manager that doesn't want you at age 27.

Best of luck to him. He didn't pay that big fee for himself and he's been nothing but professional.

100% mate.

If only Eric Dier had the same respect for himself.

Good luck to Davinson who seems like a decent guy and gave it his best despite some deplorable treatment from a couple of fraud managers and a group of pretty grubby "fans."

Depends on the injury. Long term, yeah completely fucked but we can potentially cope with a few games…. The one game per week means even a month lay off is only four games and potentially manageable albeit a definite downgrade. Agree on Phillips, would be great if he became a viable back up and really shone

Back
Top Bottom