Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolute speculation. Regardless, it mentions Dembele (box 2 box) not Dier/Wanyama (holding/DM).
Our conversation has drifted and I'm not sure if we're agreeing here or not. ;)

My original point was this: if Wanyama is 1st choice DM, then Barkley is likely to alternate with Dembele with the long term aim of becoming his replacement. Whether that's as an out-and-out DM (which I agree is scary) or a box-to-box midfielder is by the by.

As for Sanchez, he's unlikely to be a bench-warmer, so he likely plays in a back three (Sanchez, Toby & Jan).

If I'm Dier running through these permutations in the run up to Russia 2018, I'm wondering how much game time I'm going to get and what position it's likely to be.

Of course, all the above is contingent upon both players signing, so it's pure speculation at this point.

Seems Ajax are digging their heels in. Typical

And they have good reasons to do so. They don't particularly need the money and they already allowed Tete and Riedwald (both defenders) to leave, because they were back-ups. This is why I'm no fan of out last minute deals. If we came in for Sanchez at the start of the season, Ajax might have been more inclined to sell, because they had ready-made replacements in the squad. Instead of that, we only make an offer when those potential replacements have already been sold. :pochrolleyes:

j1Bp5rA.jpg

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom