David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
moy2.jpg

:lamelashock:

Appointed by Sunderland on a 4-year deal

Well done to both the team and the manager.

Interesting to see which training ground Steve Bruce will be leaving sausage roll crumbs on next.

(Did you know there are 7 Greggs shops in Hull. 7 of the fuckers!)

I'd like to offer my sympathies to Sunderland fans everywhere at the confirmation of your relegation from the Premier League this season.

Gone too soon. *sniff*

Think he had a tough time at United. Don't know why he is so disliked but I think he is a good manager for a club like Sunderland. I predict him to do well up there. Can't be any worse than the previous 4 seasons.

Anyway good luck to the Scotsmen, hope he redeems himself a bit.

So apparently the FA are getting involved in his post-match comments, after the media went mental about it...

"After Spark asked the Scot if there was added pressure on him to due owner Ellis Short's presence at the game in March, Moyes said "no, none at all" on camera, but shortly afterwards made his feelings known about the line of questioning.

He told Spark: "It was getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap, even though you're a woman. Careful the next time you come in.""

Can someone explain the angle of the issue here - is it:

a) He joked about slapping the reporter
b) He pointed out she was a woman
c) He implied it isn't right to hit a woman
d) He implied he would hesistate about hitting her because she was a woman
or
d) He suggested he could hit a woman?

So apparently the FA are getting involved in his post-match comments, after the media went mental about it...

"After Spark asked the Scot if there was added pressure on him to due owner Ellis Short's presence at the game in March, Moyes said "no, none at all" on camera, but shortly afterwards made his feelings known about the line of questioning.

He told Spark: "It was getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap, even though you're a woman. Careful the next time you come in.""

Can someone explain the angle of the issue here - is it:

a) He joked about slapping the reporter
b) He pointed out she was a woman
c) He implied it isn't right to hit a woman
d) He implied he would hesistate about hitting her because she was a woman
or
d) He suggested he could hit a woman?
D. It's the media. Outrage when needed to sell copies and get web hits. THe FA are just shit scared sheep who go along.

D. It's the media. Outrage when needed to sell copies and get web hits. THe FA are just shit scared sheep who go along.

Fair enough.

From the public response so far, it seems like people are quite rightly saying a man should never hit a woman, but if you say "I can't hit you, because you're a woman" the phrase takes on some sort of different sexist meaning?

Fair enough.

From the public response so far, it seems like people are quite rightly saying a man should never hit a woman, but if you say "I can't hit you, because you're a woman" the phrase takes on some sort of different sexist meaning?
It's kinda patronizing at worst imo. Could be construed as a bit of a veiled threat. Not a nice thing to say, but hardly worth getting knickers in a twist over

Then again, it's Moyes so fuck him I'll grab a pitchfork ...

definite veiled threat imho
hes been in the game long enough to know better

i wouldnt say its sackable though - just a warning but these days he will probably be hung for it

Fair enough.

I think you're putting words in my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom