Dave Mackay - happy 80th!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy Birthday to a great player.
Some of the current lot really should swat up on some old videos of true spurs legends.

I used to get off the bus by the old Dave Mackay shop before walking down down the high road to the ground. One hell of a player, the great Brian Clough said he was his best ever signing.

I disagree. He was a hell of a player, had the ability to go with his combatative nature.

I agree, the man had bags of ability. But tackling of pretty much any format is now outlawed, so hed be off in no time. Im not saying he was a dirty player, just a hard one, and there arent many of them left in the game now, if any.

I agree, the man had bags of ability. But tackling of pretty much any format is now outlawed, so hed be off in no time. Im not saying he was a dirty player, just a hard one, and there arent many of them left in the game now, if any.
And that's what is missing, the hard men of football: Spurs Legend Dave Mackay a top draw player.

I would have loved to have seen him play live. According to reports, he was the final piece in the jigsaw for Billy Nick and complemented Blanchflower to a T. Although he had a reputation of being a hard man, Mackay was as skilful as anyone who has worn the lilywhite shirt. That picture with Bremner is iconic - it was Mackay's first game back after suffering two broken legs and Bremner, being the dirty dog he was, went in over the top. The look on his face paints a thousand words. Mind you, if Mackay had done that now, he would have been red-carded.

I am going to get either that or Bill Nick at the gates - but probably end up getting both!
I want to go LARGE but the long suffering Mrs has yet to be convinced.
you got a link to where i can buy those from? already got the famous mackay one & a signed one of Hoddle but gonna grab the old man another for christmas

Back
Top Bottom