Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm afraid to say he's not even a good accountant.

He's created a persona now that everyone is looking to pull a fast one over the great negotiator that is Daniel levy our Lord and saviour.
It is royally backfiring on him and reflecting in the accounting books too.

Even some of his business decisions are odd. He's sounded out lots of companies to get naming rights but has valued the club way beyond anything a legitimate buyer would pay.
The uber rich (the only people who can afford to pay the valuation) aren't going to want to buy us, they've made their money, they have no interest in us. So he's priced himself out of that market.

His morals are also off. Reminder this is the same guy who wanted to cut wages of our non-playing staff during the pandemic whilst he himself is happy to give himself millions each year, including bonuses.

As with most businesses, covid has thrown a spanner into his business of using the stadium as a cash cow. But everyone knows this money is not going to be invested in the team.

I think ENIC have made the decision that they will not be able to financially compete with Chelsea, City, Newcastle and United. So they will take what they can get from the stadium which is enough profit to keep them going.

The football operation is just going to survive although matchday revenues will not be anything like what levy intended when the stadium opened. Hence from a business point here he's not made a good decision because he has failed to realise that to maximise profits which are his intentions he needs to invest in on field football operations to ensure fans fill out the stadium.

Just my opinion but by the time international travel fully recovers from covid, the casual tourist fan who levy was banking on will no longer want to attend because the footballing side will be such a shit show it won't be worth a tourist spending that much money. I'm sure the big games will get sold out against the top 6 but none of the others will.

The attendances at home from now to the end of the season will be on average 40-50k IMO.

You wont make money from football operations. Its negative cashflows to compete. You make money when you come to sell and take the capital gain. I wish they would do this a fuck off.

You're also right that the team sells the tickets. Not the stadium. People dont spend a fortune to watch a stadium. The actual entertainment piece, the team. Stinks.

Its the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey hiring the poshest venue in london, charging hundreds of pounds for fish and chips. You'd think Levy would have more sense than that.

Are you ok?

Oh my man. I'm fine. I'm looking forward to seeing my local team today.

I will take my children to gymnastics... Actually thats a lie. She will. I will lay in bed. Then she will come home. I will play with them. Show them my latest magic tricks. Walk into town. Get some maple flavoured pork ribs and a rib of beef for Sunday.

Take the children to out to the park or the lakes..

But it's all perfect. I love my simple life.

Last edited:
I remember the days Alan Sugar ran Tottenham. The first thing he did was sack a great manager in Terry Venables who also did a terrific Euro '96 and be betrayed by the FA.

Sugar then got rid of Razor Ruddock, Teddy Sheringham, Gazza, Lineker and basically all Spurs best players and then hired a gooner George Graham. Graham got rid of David Ginola and Spurs had no skillful players just grinders. Because Sugar was getting flack from proper, genuine, thinking Tottenham fans, he hired Ossie Ardilles as head coach who had never coached before.

The end of season Spurs were going down but that was partly coz of a revolt in the club about the sacking of Venables, but then the players tried harder and thrashed every team and easily avoided the drop. Then, coz of fan pressure, Sugar brought Jurgen Klinsmann to the club. Then we had "KLINSMANIA" which excited every team in the Premier League, when Spurs turned up it was an entertainment feast!

It was going so well that when Ardilles lost one match Sugar sacked him. Sugar also allowed his daughter to marry David Dein's son in a weird marriage of union between 2 opposing clubs.

Yet some Spurs fans actually like Alan Sugar?!!?

I'm wondering it this the same again, Daniel Levy being Alan Sugar, pretending to do his best for Tottenham but also keeping them down by allowing the PL and FA to constantly cheat Spurs and the media like Sky to smear certain players and create a fake narrative against the club?

I really wonder....

The problem isn't Paratici. Paratici doesn't have the funds to make transfers happen. He's the DoF, not the owner or the Chairman. Guess who are those 2 bastards...
I’d say that the problem is partly Parataci if all he’s going to look at are the squad players he brought into a very mediocre Juve team. I thought he had a below average summer window which didn’t improve the starting XI, he got fleeced by Barca and has missed some really useful prospects, most of whom play outside of Italy.

At this point, I’m not sure how much credit for building the Juventus team of the 2010s should go to him or Marotta who has since made Inter champions.

I remember the days Alan Sugar ran Tottenham. The first thing he did was sack a great manager in Terry Venables who also did a terrific Euro '96 and be betrayed by the FA.

Sugar then got rid of Razor Ruddock, Teddy Sheringham, Gazza, Lineker and basically all Spurs best players and then hired a gooner George Graham. Graham got rid of David Ginola and Spurs had no skillful players just grinders. Because Sugar was getting flack from proper, genuine, thinking Tottenham fans, he hired Ossie Ardilles as head coach who had never coached before.

The end of season Spurs were going down but that was partly coz of a revolt in the club about the sacking of Venables, but then the players tried harder and thrashed every team and easily avoided the drop. Then, coz of fan pressure, Sugar brought Jurgen Klinsmann to the club. Then we had "KLINSMANIA" which excited every team in the Premier League, when Spurs turned up it was an entertainment feast!

It was going so well that when Ardilles lost one match Sugar sacked him. Sugar also allowed his daughter to marry David Dein's son in a weird marriage of union between 2 opposing clubs.

Yet some Spurs fans actually like Alan Sugar?!!?

I'm wondering it this the same again, Daniel Levy being Alan Sugar, pretending to do his best for Tottenham but also keeping them down by allowing the PL and FA to constantly cheat Spurs and the media like Sky to smear certain players and create a fake narrative against the club?

I really wonder....
If immortality was a reality, youd still be saying this 100 years from now

Players brought in this summer, 2022/23 and 2021/22

GK -Vicario/Forster
RB - Porro/Royal
CB - Romero/Van de Ven/Phillips
LB - Udogie
CM1 - Bissouma, Skipp (return from Norwich loan)
CM2 - Sarr/Bentancur
CM3 - Maddison
RW - Kulusevski/Johnson
LW - Perisic/Solomon/Gil
CF - Richarlison (Veliz)

Almost a full squad of players (20 players) bought in 3 years, with a number of them looking very good so far this season. Add in a couple of players here bought more than 3 years ago, such as Son and squad looks even better

And for the most part they are young so likely to improve (and likes of Udogie is scarily looking one of best LB's in PL already, still only aged 20). But even the older ones such as Maddison, Bentancur and Vicario are just getting into their prime and looking top players,

One more decent transfer window next summer (similar to this summer is fine) to bring in 4-6 players and we have a full relatively young squad and another CB this January of course.

So I think Levy/Spurs get a pass on the squad despite losing one of our best ever players and top goalscorer Kane (something we've feared for a couple of years) going into Fans Forum.
Pass for Levy? :levylol:

LMAO

I’ve said this time and time again, Levy and co has always said his plan was to make the club self sustained. He has never promised masses of investment and il be honest you have to respect him for that. I was a supporter of his up until post Poch. The shambles of appointments since then has been border line criminal. As has been said he has had ups and downs but over all he has been a beneficial appointment over his time in charge.

I noticed there were no 'Levy/ENIC out' protests opposite the ground on Saturday....

Have they moved elsewhere, been moved on, or just given up...?

Was hoping to see My Cousin(!) The Rabbi in amongst it, but there was not so much as a purple or gold balloon to be seen...

Don't tell me the FEELGOOD FACTOR is back?!

Despite the headline, the author says that whether the board get the culture is 'debateable'.

Makes shit up like

"Enic’s ownership appeared to be plunged into uncertainty in July when its founder, British billionaire Joe Lewis, was arrested in the US on charges of “orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme”.

Laments our going out of the league cup without discussing Anges team selection.

Basically one man's opinion, full of hyperbole and nonsensical strawman arguments

ENIC thread in a load of paragraphs basically.

Might read it when I'm taking a shit or something.

One of my favourite comments by the hard of thinking was that we should have used the money that we borrowed to build the stadium on buying players instead.

As if the banks would have lent us money to buy players.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
We have alleged insider trading Joe itching to support our managers

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

I know he has moved the ownership to his daughter I think it is

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Back
Top Bottom