Daniel In Talks To Sell Spurs ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*sigh*

Ok, let me try again then

you said you were inclined to believe the opposite of whatever Alaister Gold says. OK, fine.

In the article in question AG noted
1) there was a document floating around social media that appeared to be promoting the sale of a London Football club (assumes to be Spurs)
2) AG adds some quotes from the circulating document
3) the article ends with AG saying Tottenham have dismissed the document as a hoax

now, my question to you is, what specifically from that article do you not believe? Because as far as I can see he is just reporting some news.

*sigh*

Ok, let me try again then

you said you were inclined to believe the opposite of whatever Alaister Gold says. OK, fine.

In the article in question AG noted
1) there was a document floating around social media that appeared to be promoting the sale of a London Football club (assumes to be Spurs)
2) AG adds some quotes from the circulating document
3) the article ends with AG saying Tottenham have dismissed the document as a hoax

now, my question to you is, what specifically from that article do you not believe? Because as far as I can see he is just reporting some news.
Do you actually read what you post?

Gold said there was a document, Spurs say it's bollocks.

Quite simple. Even you can grasp that, no?

BTW my initial comment was not directed solely at this 'news'.

Do you actually read what you post?

Gold said there was a document, Spurs say it's bollocks.

Quite simple. Even you can grasp that, no?

BTW my initial comment was not directed solely at this 'news'.

Sorry, I thought I was talking to an adult. My mistake, obviously.

Levy has done some good and some bad. Transfer window last minute deals and not pushing us on and taking a bit more of a risk when we were almost there under Redknapp and Poch are my biggest bugbears, especially the latter when you look at how Liverpool acted in a similar position 2 years ago. Equally we're in a much better position than we were under Sugar, 11 years of top 6 is a world away from mid table and the odd relegation scrap. What i dont get however is people getting offended like its some sort of disloyalty when you criticise him. He is the current custodian, he isnt the club and when he has sold up and is sipping mojitos in the Bahamas we'll still be going to N17 in the pouring rain. He is there to be shot at and with the money he earns that comes with the territory. Doesnt mean he is all bad but he isnt beyond reproach.

tenor.gif

Levy has done some good and some bad. Transfer window last minute deals and not pushing us on and taking a bit more of a risk when we were almost there under Redknapp and Poch are my biggest bugbears, especially the latter when you look at how Liverpool acted in a similar position 2 years ago. Equally we're in a much better position than we were under Sugar, 11 years of top 6 is a world away from mid table and the odd relegation scrap. What i dont get however is people getting offended like its some sort of disloyalty when you criticise him. He is the current custodian, he isnt the club and when he has sold up and is sipping mojitos in the Bahamas we'll still be going to N17 in the pouring rain. He is there to be shot at and with the money he earns that comes with the territory. Doesnt mean he is all bad but he isnt beyond reproach.
Great post, Archie

There are a few on here, not many but a few, whom I'm convinced would support another club if ENIC sold up and Levy became involved there.

The God like worship he attracts is seriously disturbing. Obscene given His record of 1 league cup in 20 years.
Probably unprecedented in football tbh

I'm convinced would support another club if ENIC sold up and Levy became involved there.

The God like worship he attracts is seriously disturbing. Obscene given His record of 1 league cup in 20 years.
There is one comedy halfwit dimfuck (enics main cocksucker hipster) who remains supreme over all,
sweet lord bless him .

There was a really interesting Athletic article about this last week. Richard Scudamore has joined up with a group that includes Billy Beane, and they've raised $575M US towards purchasing a sports team, with rumours being they're looking at the Premier League. Article talks about how they could see this group buying an equity stake in Spurs.

“I know what you’re thinking — $575 million isn’t enough to buy the biggest Premier League clubs — but they could buy £800 million worth of Spurs, for example, £500 million of which is the SPAC, the other £300 million would be from someone else; an anchor investor with their name on the door.

“If you want to sell Spurs but there’s no buyer for the whole thing, you might do this deal. You can sell half the company and, over time, you can do what you want with the rest. It depends how desperate you are to sell. Alternatively, they could potentially go and buy someone like Newcastle.”

There was a really interesting Athletic article about this last week. Richard Scudamore has joined up with a group that includes Billy Beane, and they've raised $575M US towards purchasing a sports team, with rumours being they're looking at the Premier League. Article talks about how they could see this group buying an equity stake in Spurs.

“I know what you’re thinking — $575 million isn’t enough to buy the biggest Premier League clubs — but they could buy £800 million worth of Spurs, for example, £500 million of which is the SPAC, the other £300 million would be from someone else; an anchor investor with their name on the door.

“If you want to sell Spurs but there’s no buyer for the whole thing, you might do this deal. You can sell half the company and, over time, you can do what you want with the rest. It depends how desperate you are to sell. Alternatively, they could potentially go and buy someone like Newcastle.”

As a former Oakland A's fan I can tell you you would not want Billy Beane involved in a team you care about. I stopped watching baseball because of how he ran that team. Then they make some fucking movie about him. He was a complete failure as a player too, was supposed to be a future star... We would sign these amazing prospects, they would come up and look good then they would sell them. Never quite winning anything important but making enough money to continue the cycle. Close a quarter of the stadium down so you can act like you're selling more seats (eliminating the less expensive tickets as well). Then as a fan you get to imagine if you kept all of those players who are now winning championships with other teams. This would be a nightmare I couldn't imagine. Obviously the words Billy Beane trigger me slightly :moursmall:

As a former Oakland A's fan I can tell you you would not want Billy Beane involved in a team you care about. I stopped watching baseball because of how he ran that team. Then they make some fucking movie about him. He was a complete failure as a player too, was supposed to be a future star... We would sign these amazing prospects, they would come up and look good then they would sell them. Never quite winning anything important but making enough money to continue the cycle. Close a quarter of the stadium down so you can act like you're selling more seats (eliminating the less expensive tickets as well). Then as a fan you get to imagine if you kept all of those players who are now winning championships with other teams. This would be a nightmare I couldn't imagine. Obviously the words Billy Beane trigger me slightly :moursmall:
Pretty sure Billy Beane is a spurs fan.

Even if the document is legit it states 75% share, which I assume means Levy is keeping his share and staying.
The document must be fake simply because it contains so many errors, the shareholding a glaring one. If Spurs was up for sale it wouldn't be being handled with unbranded mistake ridden documents on the internet. Nor would you sell it when profitability is hitting a twenty year low, you'd only do that if you were skint, Joe and DL are anything but.

Great post, Archie

There are a few on here, not many but a few, whom I'm convinced would support another club if ENIC sold up and Levy became involved there.

On the flip side there’s a few who have spent the last 15 years belittling the club they are supposed to support because of its chairman.

In that time we went from top 8 to top 4 and while they celebrate losing a CL final they still demand we should have won it and think losing the PL to Leicester was a miracle.

Leicester.....bloody Leicester.
That permanent thorn in their side.

If it wasn’t for Leicester the spend argument would have some legs.
But Leicester......hmmmmmmm wonder why they never mention Leicester.

:harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom