Dan James

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hes faily average in my eyes, Gil is a much more exciting prospect - but are we in for him because he qualifies for Home Grown (i know hes Welsh, but I remember Fabregas qualifying like that for Woolwich)

Looks like this isn't happening, and we're keeping Gil instead. Feel bad for him as he was gonna be a starter for Valencia, but I think it's better for the club.

[Insert Partridge meme]

"Dan.... Dan........... Dan..................... Dan"

"DAN"

People are acting like if we sign him we will get relegated, I've seen enough of him for Wales & Swansea to know he is a decent player, Man Utd only got rid because of the fee they got, he would make some decent goal contributions here

Yeah they saw the fee, probably starting pissing themselves laughing & then immediately accepted it. He scored 3 goals for them in the league and they all came within the first few weeks of him being there. He then proceeded to do absolutely nothing as a United player and quickly found himself on the bench for Leeds.

He might look 'decent' for Wales in the sense that Wales have a lot of bottom half/high championship level footballers who punch above their weight collectively, but honestly I think everyone was expecting more than that.

Were we really ever in for him? The report was there was a quibble over us wanting to loan and they wanting to sell now he’s off on loan to Fulham?

All seens odd

Would be ironic were he to score the goal that beat us on the weekend or had a part to play in the winner.

Maybe journalists were seeing Gil out so what possible option in.

What is clear is that James was obviously up for sale or being moved on, and maybe for him It was more a case of going to a team where he is more likely to start, with the upcoming World Cup to think of.

He is decent but not what we need but we were obviously wanting something.

Were we really ever in for him? The report was there was a quibble over us wanting to loan and they wanting to sell now he’s off on loan to Fulham?
I think it was just an option in case x or y happened. We've been told hundreds of times now that Paratici has several players lined up when recruiting for a position. It has also been told that all of these options are usually communicated he sees them as a number 1 option or similar.

I doubt anyone other than him, Levy and Conte know who of the 10 (whatever) players are linked is the actually preferred option, a fallback option, or a diversion. (and we haven't even explored the rumours pushed from the seller club/player/agent side of the equation).

It's why investing time into following our transfer business is literally the biggest waste of time known to man.

All seens odd

Would be ironic were he to score the goal that beat us on the weekend or had a part to play in the winner.

Maybe journalists were seeing Gil out so what possible option in.

What is clear is that James was obviously up for sale or being moved on, and maybe for him It was more a case of going to a team where he is more likely to start, with the upcoming World Cup to think of.

He is decent but not what we need but we were obviously wanting something.
If he scores what seems like his only ever** two career goals against us - for Leeds, and inevitably for Fulham on Saturday I'll be fuming!

**I'm sure there have been more, but to be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention until the other day!

Back
Top Bottom