Current Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget his goals, his international caps, his European scoring record for Spurs - you're right, Harry Kane is a much more prolific striker. You must know something that all these managers over the years haven't. Have you considered football management?

Defoes record is from the sheer glut of chances our amazing team have provided him with. If Kane has played so many minutes for us, IMO a decade down the line he would do a better job. Esp for the team in general as he helps defending corners, attacking corners and all the shit Spurs fans dont care about.

Do you know we are around the top of the league for winning corners, and around the bottom for scoring them? Toronto spunked millions on the greedy wantaway plastic turd. He's scoring. And they are midtable with cricket scores. Classic soft entitled wantaway Defoe. Selling out never looked so good.

When a fake Disney rapper talks a player into leaving the prem in the world cup year for more money...He still gets fanned with Spurs flags while Ade gets called all sorts of shit. He's mugged more fans being a flat track bully, scoring at home etc than any Spurs player I can think of. We had a nightclub ban so he had one built in his house. I'm so glad that vapid waste of space has gone, and our strikers and AM's can start to perform. Hell, even Lennon and Rose started getting assists with more beef up front!

more beef up front!
F365gifpull.gif

Anyway. Needless to say I am glad Defoe is not in our current squad. Now two more out will suit me fine.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-8.37.11-AM.png

Speaking of lifestyles, I was gutted hearing about Walker doing whippets. We need much better role models at the club to steer the Walkers and Townsends in the right direction.

This team desperately needs the Lennons etc out, and some sanity/stalwarts in who appreciate where they are in their professional career. Pref at the tail end of their careers with medals.

Defoes record is from the sheer glut of chances our amazing team have provided him with. If Kane has played so many minutes for us, IMO a decade down the line he would do a better job. Esp for the team in general as he helps defending corners, attacking corners and all the shit Spurs fans dont care about.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I simply can't see how Kane has yet convinced anyone he has the same scoring pedigree and ability as Defoe.

Do you know we are around the top of the league for winning corners, and around the bottom for scoring them? Toronto spunked millions on the greedy wantaway plastic turd. He's scoring. And they are midtable with cricket scores. Classic soft entitled wantaway Defoe. Selling out never looked so good.
Fuck, really? Ah you're right, 5" 5' Defoe is really shit. A bloke the same height as Lennon, not scoring enough from corners? Glad he's gone. Lets not point the finger at all those 6"+ defenders that never score more than 3 goals a season. Nope. Defoe's fault our conversion rate from corners is poor. Good example. I'm a convert.

When a fake Disney rapper talks a player into leaving the prem in the world cup year for more money...He still gets fanned with Spurs flags while Ade gets called all sorts of shit. He's mugged more fans being a flat track bully, scoring at home etc than any Spurs player I can think of. We had a nightclub ban so he had one built in his house. I'm so glad that vapid waste of space has gone, and our strikers and AM's can start to perform. Hell, even Lennon and Rose started getting assists with more beef up front!
So he sold out for a big contract - 99% of players would. Don't make him out to be some one-of-a-kind money grabber whilst everyone else is bleeding for the shirt for a tenner a week. Pretty much every single one of those fuckers would ditch us for a lucrative contract.

"He's mugged fans off being a flat track bully, scoring at home etc..."

So he shouldn't score at home? Or he should score more away from home?

I agree he shouldn't have played up front on his own, but that isn't his choice. There's no way he can lead a line, but he's a player not the manager. He does as he's told. To suggest he didn't work well in a partnership with anyone given his scoring record is pretty naive.

Does this mean Gibbs buried CJJ...?

:adegrin:

The conversation came to an end, but for anyone reading there was probably a reasonable about of benefit in there, should anyone have been a bit cloudy over how the Premier League squad system works.

It's not a case of "winning", I just feel that people would find it easy to support the chairman and our HG players if they understood the reasoning behind transfers and squad selection better.

As much as the squad would benefit from non-HG players, due to the abundance and relatively much lower purchase cost of non-English players, we can't really achieve that without weakening the squad in terms of numbers.

I know you were probably looking for a reaction, but not much point in going over old ground.

To help further explain Éperons Éperons list, I've made a little list to demonstrate the choices required.

You don't have to choose 25 players in total, nor does anything have to happen with the over 21's you don't pick, you just can only make a matchday squad from players you've picked in your (upto) 25 man squad or the U21's list:
24xnyna.jpg

Bear in mind Kane, Pritchard and Bentaleb are mixed in with a load of Academy players in the U21 list.
The score atm 18 non HGP, and 13 HG players with Grant Hall on loan to Birmingham and Jake sold to Hull.
My goal for a season squad would be say 28/29 so that's 17 non HGP, 9/10 HGP and 2 from the U21's (Bentaleb and Kane).
Business yet do -
Non HGP's net less one - easy as Khumalo needs to go, then a mix of buy/sell on others.
HGP's - we need to sell/loan 3 or 4. Likely ones Obika, Mason, Cellabos - then it gets down another net one, perhaps a couple out but then we need a couple in.

The score atm 18 non HGP, and 13 HG players with Grant Hall on loan to Birmingham and Jake sold to Hull.
My goal for a season squad would be say 28/29 so that's 17 non HGP, 9/10 HGP and 2 from the U21's (Bentaleb and Kane).
Business yet do -
Non HGP's net less one - easy as Khumalo needs to go, then a mix of buy/sell on others.
HGP's - we need to sell/loan 3 or 4. Likely ones Obika, Mason, Cellabos - then it gets down another net one, perhaps a couple out but then we need a couple in.

We don't necessarily have to sell any non HG, just not register them. Khumalo though definitely does need to be moved on. It's starting to feel like we bought him for commercial reasons, because he's close to being the only player ever to retire at a club after a whole career without really playing lol.

Part of me wants to see Falque get a nice run in the team for a season before we think about selling him.

The rest comes down to who stays and who goes, plus whether or not Friedel is regi'd for the PL squad. Not sure what's happening with Benny either, to be fair.

CJJ, yeah that's right we can keep them and not register. But paying wages and not playing not the best business decision.
Agree want to see Falque come on, but also Cellabos. As for Benny who is going to take him after the WC blow up. We could finish up with him, but it is time he goes, a couple of good yrs but a couple not so good.

Khumalo though definitely does need to be moved on. It's starting to feel like we bought him for commercial reasons

Starting to? :harrylol:

Nah I know, benefit of the doubt and all that.

But what a good idea that would have been though, cracking into the lucrative South African market.

Back
Top Bottom