Crystal Palace Vs Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our new signings were so promising I'm covering myself in Iron Bru and jumping straight into Richard Blackwood's christening. I include Rose in that list, he was, somewhat surprisingly, brilliant. Both our full backs look really good as an attacking outlet. Even on the brief cameo, I think Capoue may represent the best value we have had in the transfer market thus far. He would literally stop the Mitchell Brothers existing by sneezing in their direction, has fantastic awareness and is invited round mine for cakes and wonder boy in monster land.

All of this is without Gareth Dell'Olio, or his potential replacement (on the assumption that money hasn't been spent). Lather, lather, lather me up.

Last edited:
Good game second half, Palace were much better and I hope they play like that more often and not like in the first half. Bit frustrating that we still couldn't score from 18 chances, memories of last season. But, as we know from last season, these 3 points could be very important come the final day. Best bits: Soldado getting his first goal and Paulinho looking very solid.

It may have been the same SCORE as many narrow 'Spursy' wins of the past, but really and truly, until that late bit of nonsense with Lloris and those rebounds, we actually looked comfortable!
Not that I was thinking it at the time!!!!

But in hindsight, we actually look like a force, comfortable in possession!

All we need now is Bale to 'shake off his injury' and we'll be flying!

Good 3 points to start off but let's be honest that performance was very similar to last season we snuck it with a 1-0 win and had to defend in the last few minutes.

Not that there is anything wrong with sneaking games, it got us 72 points last season but as we saw last season if you are a little bit below par on the day or something doesn't go your way to don't get the result.

Hoping for more goals in future games.

I hope we close games off properly too, but this was away from home at a small ground against a newly promoted club on the first day of the season, and with new players and some players playing who have not had full pre-seasons because of small injuries. So I think we'll relax more now and get better at converting the chances in the coming games. Great start. Not at all a spursy weekend, so not really sure what is happening.

Fair enough result we weren't really firing on all cylinders but the new lads all look the part. Got a bit sweaty at the end but Lloris played a blinder.

Our new signings were so promising I'm covering myself in Iron Bru and jumping straight into Richard Blackwood's christening. I include Rose in that list, he was, somewhat surprisingly, brilliant. Both our full backs look really good as an attacking outlet. Even on the brief cameo, I think Capoue may represent the best value we have had in the transfer market thus far. He would literally stop the Mitchell Brothers existing by sneezing in their direction, has fantastic awareness and is invited round mine for cakes and wonder boy in monster land.

All of this is without Gareth Dell'Olio, or his potential replacement (on the assumption that money has been spent). Lather, lather, lather me up.
:avbcringe:

If we can't yet kill a game off, let's at least look like we can close it down..
Thankfully, we managed to do that today.

And hey, on the other plus side, we've already got one more penalty than the WHOLE of last season!!!

#worththewait!

Banana skin fixture successfully navigated
Clean sheet
Dominating performance - while clearly not at our best
Fullbacks were awesome
All new players did either well or bloody well
Vertonghen and Kaboul back

Plenty of positives...

For me that performance smacked of a side still bedding in, but showed enough to suggest (to me at least) that when it does its going to be fucking awesome.

Genuinely, at this point, Im not buying the "have to buy creativity" line, Im thinking more along the lines of "Have faith and lets see what weve got" because frankly there are too many good footballers in that team to NOT be creative.

We used the full width of the pitch, a lot (creative)
Sigurdsson was making loads of good touches and passes centrally (creative)
Soldados movement caused all sorts of issues (creative)
In addition Paulinho, Capoue, Dembele, Walker, Rose all played some superb balls forward. (creative)
- Walker had a number of excellent passes inside the full back. And I really liked the speed with which Capoue released the ball forward (possibly the best illustration of what we missed when playing Parker).

In addition it looks to me like we have worked a lot on our movement as a team this summer. You can see it in Paulinho/Lennon/Walker linking superbly, and in Chadli not quite knowing where to be much of the time. Once again, once it all beds in its only good news IMO

And this is without Holtby (excellent short/quick passer), Sandro (midfield dynamo), Capoue (starting, clearly a very positive player), Townsend (direct and offers goals), Adebayor (plays in the team very well linking play)...

AND without any further buys we might make. All without mention of the "B" word

All of this is without Gareth Dell'Olio, or his potential replacement (on the assumption that money hasn't been spent). Lather, lather, lather me up.
I will have half a ton of what you are on mate;)

Back
Top Bottom