Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Romero, but he has a long way to go before proving he’s better than Toby and Jan.
I like Romero but there is no way he is close to Vertonghen and i doubt he ever will be. Probably only King comes close in the last 40 years. Romero might match Toby, but not there yet.

Personally thought Toby was a better defender than Jan but both were class.

They also played in a much more settled defense, with a system that was working.

Both very solid and at one time Toby was possibly the best CB in the prem before VVD arrived.

BUT for me, Romero has to prove it with consistency but he impacts the game as a defender with his aggression and front foot defending more than either of them did.

I can see what you mean if you say he has to prove it over time, with consistent performances but in terms of ability, he's the best pure defender since Ledders imo.

Everyone focuses on his full bloodied tackles and his shithousery, but y far his best attribute is his passing and confidence on the ball. The amount of progressive passes into feet in their last third he plays is insance. Nonchalant / effortless with laser like accuracy.

If you don’t rate this guy then I don’t think football is for you! I love how he lays so close to the edge, he is the kind of guy you would detest if he played for any other team! Only thing that worries me if he will end up leaving us for Barca or Madrid eventually

Back
Top Bottom