Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

images
Hey, at least you got a laugh from Deuterz Deuterz

He is hilarious to watch, the way he should barged Digne into a substitution was beautiful
Villa thought they could rattle us by injuring our players LOOL.

I reckon Romero would deliberately lose the ball just so he could land a crunching tackle.

I love a good Argentine centre-half because they can usually play football. And also have a bit of nastiness about them when needed.

Get the permanent deal done and sorted before other clubs are all over him.
This is it …. My worry isn’t wrapping up this deal …. That’s a forgone conclusion

It’s 2 years down the line …. Barca / PSG / RMadrid are going to love this guy

And unless we’re pulling up trees it would unrealistic to believe it wouldn’t appeal …. We need our ambition and direction to compete with that

But with Dan levy at the helm that’s probably not a concern

Is he in the clear now for his yellow card accumulation??

Fantastic player, dreading having to miss him for a few matches.
Yeah we’ve reached that stage already with this chap. … he’s become so integral to our improved performance levels that he’s not really replaceable

Assuming a fully fit squad, other than Kane and loris I can’t think of another player where the replacement has such a drop off in quality.

Romero is brilliant. Surprised there were some that doubted him early on.

If we can get two quality CBs next to him we could get back to the Jan/Toby days of having an elite backline.
with nuno only skipp and son were performing well.
with conte romero got injured and struggled to come back in good shape.
now he is demonstrating his value.
IMHO to improve this defense won't be easy, unless spending 80-90 M for one single player (for example de ligt) just like liverpool and city did

IMHO to improve this defense won't be easy
It would be very easy to upgrade on Davies, Emerson, Regui/See IMO.

I think Cucurella from Brighton is a big upgrade on Regui/Sess. There must be dozens of cheap RWBs who would be a decent upgrade on Emerson.

Davies is OK, but we could easily find an upgrade on him too.

It would be very easy to upgrade on Davies, Emerson, Regui/See IMO.

I think Cucurella from Brighton is a big upgrade on Regui/Sess. There must be dozens of cheap RWBs who would be a decent upgrade on Emerson.

Davies is OK, but we could easily find an upgrade on him too.
with defence I meant the 3 CBs, the wingbacks are easily improvable I agree with you.

to really improve davies is not easy, because we have to see his performances not his name and his reputation

with defence I meant the 3 CBs, the wingbacks are easily improvable I agree with you.

to really improve davies is not easy, because we have to see his performances not his name and his reputation
I'm a Davies fan but he's still not great. He's a great roaming CB but his abilty to win defensive actions is really bad, a bit of a Winks. Gets done by intericate passing exchanges, and constantly loses aerial duels at the back post.

He's a high qaility backup, low quality starter.

He is shaping up to be a phenomenal centre back. We are very, very luck to have him. Now to upgrade on Davies and Emerson. Our team could be filthy next season.

Back
Top Bottom