Coventry 1882

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1882 1882 will cost next to nothing to attend to!

We'd be seated in the South Stand ( 900 seats), home in the main and terrace (1200)

Flav Flav Could this be sorted?

Is this true? Surely it would make sense to give us the already away section which includes a small 100 or so seated stand in the north stand and then give the other half of the terracing and rest the of stadium to Woolwich fans as there should be a higher number of them meaning that their will be more people wanting to sit down. Plus this is Woolwich so they would probably all want to sit down and quietly read a book

Is this true? Surely it would make sense to give us the already away section which includes a small 100 or so seated stand in the north stand and then give the other half of the terracing and rest the of stadium to Woolwich fans as there should be a higher number of them meaning that their will be more people wanting to sit down. Plus this is Woolwich so they would probably all want to sit down and quietly read a book

Last time I watched this fixture at Barnet, there were more Spurs than Woolwich in the stands.

The main terrace at Barnet is normally split half and half with home and away I think.

Would be amazing anyway.

Right, if this is a big go ahead I am so joining this, but I need to know if people are truly up for it and will show up as I don't want to make the trip to be alone...

Thought Barnet might be easy for me. What an arse to get to from Watford Junction. Have to get to Finsbury Park to get back out to Barnet! :(

how do you get there from london? i'm guessing you can get a train to barnet from kings cross or liverpoo street no?

there is a bus (something like 81, can't remember) which you can get from Oakwood station that will take you to the stadium, plus High Barnet tube station is possibly the closest and Totteridge and Whetstone isn't too far.

The last few pages of this thread would leave you thinking that we're planning a trip to Turkistan rather than Barnet

Brief Directions By Road:
North from the M1
Leave the Motorway at its Junction 6a (M25) and get into the lane signposted M25 Dartford Crossing and M11 not to Heathrow and Watford. Exit the M25 at its Junction 23 (South Mimms Services and A1) down the slip road to the traffic lights.
North from the A1
Leave the A1M at its junction 1 (South Mimms and M25). Both routes now follow same directions. Onto the roundabout passing back underneath the M25 flyover and exiting the roundabout onto the A1081 (signposted Barnet). This road is known as the St Albans Road. Go over a roundabout and pass The Green Dragon pub on your right and then the Bridgedown Golf Course also on your right. When you reach the traffic lights with the Digital Village music shop to your right (junction with A1000) turn right into Barnet High Street. At the next set of lights alongside Barnet Church go straight on passing the Police Station on your left. At the next set of lights you will see High Barnet Underground also to your left. Carry on down the hill to find Barnet FC behind the Old Red Lion pub to your right.
West from the M4, M3 or M40
For ease I would advise that you get onto the M25 and onto its Junction 23 and follow the directions above but if you prefer the North Circular Road A406 as a route into London here goes.
Follow the A406 signposted A1 and Wembley passing the huge blue and yellow Ikea building to your left (alas, Wembley Stadium's twin towers used to be visible from this point now you have the beautiful arch adorning the new stadium) and then pass over the flyover (M1 below) and past Brent Cross Shopping Centre also to your left. Proceed on the A406 through two sets of lights and then keep left looking out for the slip road signposted Finchley and Barnet (Charter Way) and onto the A598. Proceed on this road passing Finchley Central Underground on your right and onto where this road joins the A1000 at The Tally Ho pub still signposted Barnet and Whetstone. Carry on through Whetstone passing Audi Whetstone and B and Q both on your left (The road is now known as The Great North Road). Over the traffic lights and past Marks & Spencer on your right. After approx. another mile you will see the Barnet Odeon to your left. Pass under the railway bridge to find Barnet FC behind the Old Red Lion pub immediately to your left.
East from M11 A12
Again for ease I would advise the M25 route but getting onto the North Circular A406 is an option. Follow the A406 until you reach the A1000 signposted Barnet and Finchley. Turn right onto this road known as North Finchley High Road past the Hollywood Bowl to your right. The floodlights just visible to your right belong to Wingate and Finchley FC. Proceed on this road following the signs of Whetstone and Barnet A1000 then take directions as above from the Tally Ho pub.
South from M23 A23 M2
The M25 option is honestly your best bet. However take your pick from the above.
Car Parking:
In respect to our neighbours, Barnet FC urges supporters not to ignore the traffic cones outside the stadium on matchdays. You are likely to receive a ticket or a bright yellow clamp for your troubles. High Barnet London Underground station offers the best bet for £2.00 per car and this area is clearly signposted from each direction of Barnet Hill A1000. There is also a huge unmissable 'Underground' sign at the entrance. It is only 5 minutes walk down the hill to the ground but a it's a long leg sapping trek after a defeat I warn you.
Directions By Train:
The nearest British Rail station is New Barnet, which can be reached within about 20 minutes via a connection from London Kings Cross. Please avert your eyes while travelling out of Kings Cross as clearly visible to your right is the amazing sight that is the new Emirates Stadium and a little further on the wonderful listed buildings that are the East and West Stands that once was Highbury. Shortly to your left will be the magnificent and imposing sight of the Alexandra Palace. Out of New Barnet station turn right and then left into Station Road. 10 minutes walking will get you to the traffic lights opposite the Barnet Odeon Cinema. Turn right (A1000) passing under the railway bridge where the ground can be found behind the Old Red Lion pub on your left.
High Barnet Underground is 5 minutes walk away from Underhill and is the last station on the High Barnet Branch of the Northern Line. London Kings Cross also offers a direct connection to this line so you are spoilt for choice really. Turn left out of the station past the car park up the slope and left out onto Barnet Hill (A1000). An alleyway alongside the Old Red Lion pub will take you to the ground.
By Bus:
The 84, 384 or 107 buses run every 15 minutes or so from New Barnet to Underhill. Adult fare £2.00 Concessions £1.00.Other buses to pass Underhill include the 34, 263 and 307.
Where To Get A Decent Drink Locally:
Barnet is full of good pubs most to found in and around the High Street. Highly recommended are The Seabright Arms in Alston Road, The Weaver Bar which is a big supporter of the club and the Railway Tavern, which is just an Edwin Stein corner kick from New Barnet station.
The three pubs closest to the ground are the aforementioned Weaver Bar, on Greenhill Parade, Great North Road a minute's walk south of the Odeon Cinema, The Queens Arms Sports Bar, adjacent to the Odeon and The Old Red Lion, which virtually overlooks the ground. The Old Red is known as the "away" pub.

Fella behind me (would have been row 13) started a real slow 'Glory, Glory.....'.

I was the only one who joined him. :defoe:We got to the end though!

If you're on here, much love to you. :adebaehug:

Had a quality day. Always a bit depressed leaving as I know the next time I walk in there the atmosphere will be nowhere near as good.

Count me in for Barnet too.

Back
Top Bottom