Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed but my point is Jason Burt just didn't think what he said through properly, pointless giving him away for free because it's not as if it will eradicate him from the game - the guy is still an asset like it or not.

There is no win or truly satisfactory resolution to be found.... (We all know the cunt should be in prison.)

But morally speaking there's no significant difference between them selling him on for a fat wad of cash and allowing him to stick around and Man U 'profiting' from his presence ON the pitch.

As as fan; I'd just want him gone and want the club to reconcile it however they must..... Afterall, he could have incurred a career ending injury and he'd have become worth zero on the balance sheet anyway.

It’s what I’d want us to do if he was one of our players. In fact I would’ve wanted us to release him.

Fans shouldn’t want their club to profit from a rapist.
This makes zero sense. The club would not be profiting from a "rapist" whatever that would even look like. They would be getting renumeration for their investment in the player he became. This is frankly odd and even weirder when you consider the stool is still at liberty to ply his trade (legally) its the triumph of 'feels' over everything else. We live in a truly strange time. If this is more than internet chaff, I think football fans who belive this, should push for some kind of behavioural charter that they demand their club abides by. Then all parties would know going in that falling below a given threshold (its obviously not conviction so perhaps allegations of impropriety 🤔) results in cancellation of contract.

This makes zero sense. The club would not be profiting from a "rapist" whatever that would even look like. They would be getting renumeration for their investment in the player he became. This is frankly odd and even weirder when you consider the stool is still at liberty to ply his trade (legally) its the triumph of 'feels' over everything else. We live in a truly strange time. If this is more than internet chaff, I think football fans who belive this, should push for some kind of behavioural charter that they demand their club abides by. Then all parties would know going in that falling below a given threshold (its obviously not conviction so perhaps allegations of impropriety 🤔) results in cancellation of contract.

There are recordings of him raping another human being.

It makes total sense that a fan would not want their club to have any association whatsoever with the person responsible for that.

Again, if it was Spurs I’d want us to have ended his contract and wiped away any lingering association with him.

There are recordings of him raping another human being.

It makes total sense that a fan would not want their club to have any association whatsoever with the person responsible for that.

Again, if it was Spurs I’d want us to have ended his contract and wiped away any lingering association with him.
I'm fully aware of the recording. It sadly has not changed the fact he is free to ply his trade. So it doesn't change the substantive issue. As for 'association ' with the club, its a fact and always will be. United fan, youth system, first team player. Giving him away changes none of this. As I said there is no legal imperative here to this and fans who genuinely feel passionately about this need to lobby their teams into a draught agreement because there's no way United will want to hand away a financial asset.

It's intresting stuff because increasingly football finds itself in a unique social position beyond legality an extreme moral arbiter. It's going to need to codify something because it keeps happening, and 'feels' run football like nothing else does.

Last edited:
My money is on them selling him and investing something like half of the sale in the women's team. Given how they've handled it so far, not because they want to, but as a PR stunt. And as the best way to get some kind of fee with no/less shit storm.

Just saw their score. Love it!!

kevin-keegan-beat-them.gif

Back
Top Bottom