Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zero chance the glaziers give him any control unless they think it is going to make them more money. Nothing they have done since they’ve owned it has shown that they want to relinquish any kind of control. I reckon all this buy in will do is cause instability. Hopefully anyway.

I suspect its written into a shareholders agreement between Glazers and Ratcliffe - they control commercial issues ie revenue, Ratcliffe control football operations (including transfers). I guess Glazers happy to do that as they realise how bad they are at football decisions, and Ratcliffe backing himself and his nominees to be better

I read somewhere main Board will include 2 Ratcliffe nominees (but Glazers control board), 'football' Board will include 2 Ratcliffe nominees and Glazer one.

Hopefully it will take until Feb for deal to close - so ManU are limited in what they can do in January TW>

Zero chance the glaziers give him any control unless they think it is going to make them more money. Nothing they have done since they’ve owned it has shown that they want to relinquish any kind of control. I reckon all this buy in will do is cause instability. Hopefully anyway.
Dave Brailsford going there worries me , I think they will definitely get top 4 now .

Think they could actually win the bloody thing if the Alps were a bit flatter

Ineos have done fuck all at the cycling and even less since they bought into Mercedes F1.
He’s just going to lose a hape of his money. This comment will age well.

Quite the opposite, i'd think.

The Glazers were never really interested in the day to day running of it. They just thought it was a cash cow. Ever since they took over, the fans have had in for them. This gets them off that particular hook so now they have to do no work, but still reap the profits and the valuation rising over time. As a bonus now if Ratcliffe makes a massive cock up (hiring managers, buying players, Super League, etc.) the Glazers can just point at him and he gets all the flack.

What's in it for Ratcliffe is the better question because he has the short straw. Presumably he thinks he is getting a foot in the door for a future full take over.

Quite the opposite, i'd think.

The Glazers were never really interested in the day to day running of it. They just thought it was a cash cow. Ever since they took over, the fans have had in for them. This gets them off that particular hook so now they have to do no work, but still reap the profits and the valuation rising over time. As a bonus now if Ratcliffe makes a massive cock up (hiring managers, buying players, Super League, etc.) the Glazers can just point at him and he gets all the flack.

What's in it for Ratcliffe is the better question because he has the short straw. Presumably he thinks he is getting a foot in the door for a future full take over.

It’s all down to who controls the A shares I think. If the Glaziers have given up any of those (unlikely) then Ratcliffe can veto any moves made by the Glaziers. If he hasn’t got those he won’t be able to make any big decisions. It’s also worth noting, unless I’ve got it wrong, he’s buying 25% of the glaziers shares and not 25% of the club.

Ratcliffe is also committing £300m to the stadium.

He’s obviously a very clever man so the devil has to be in the detail as to why he’s getting so invested in them. I doubt that info is in the public realm at the moment. But yeah I also agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom