Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we played like United barely dud yesterday, you would not hear the last of it

And yet so weird they are as a club that you can see them winning the FA Cup and I would say it was nearly impossible to see us doing that

Football is just inexplicable at times and had United won yesterday it would have ranked as one of the biggest steals in football history.

And I have no idea what a manager means when they say another team wanted it more. Utter twaddle.

So contracts mean precisely nothing then?
All depends what’s written in them. Seems many at this level will have a non compete clause. If he has one he can’t work anywhere else, if he does then he’s fucked.

If there isn’t this clause inserted then he can go where he wants.

Maybe he has one but it’s only enforced if it’s another Championship club????

All depends what’s written in them. Seems many at this level will have a non compete clause. If he has one he can’t work anywhere else, if he does then he’s fucked.

If there isn’t this clause inserted then he can go where he wants.

Maybe he has one but it’s only enforced if it’s another Championship club????

IF that's the case; refusing the fee was completely stupid on S'otons part.

DOF-bloke: "Take the fee or i'll walk"

Saints: "Walk then"

:goonermong:

Last edited:
IF that's the case refusing the fee was completely stupid on S'otons part.

DOF-bloke: "Take the fee or i'll walk"

Saints: "Walk then"

:goonermong:
Newcastle refused any compensation from Utd for Ashworth, who is now on gardening leave so he can’t join Utd.

I would guess he can’t join because he has one. Guess we will find out soon enough

Crikey that was still a lot of money back then (for something like that!).

Yup, probably half or a third of a decent player such as Berbatov.

So if we think the equivalent today is worth £60m/£80m ........ ManU might need a different credit card or have to wait a year for his gardening leave to expire

Yup, probably half or a third of a decent player such as Berbatov.

So if we think the equivalent today is worth £60m/£80m ........ ManU might need a different credit card or have to wait a year for his gardening leave to expire

If I was Saints I'd take the money (that they allegedly refused).

football spurs GIF by Krowd9

Back
Top Bottom