Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benfica begged Enzo to stay till the end of the season, they were top of the league and doing well in the CL and promised him they would let him leave without a fuss for a reduced price come the summer and he told them no way in hell was that happening and that he wanted to leave right there and then and now look at him? A supposedly world class player who won't get a sniff of CL football for the foreseeable future.

Whilst the demise of these cunts is lovely to see, it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

Poch showed with us that he’s capable of putting a good side together and improving players, but with the exception of Palmer and maybe Gallagher, every other player there has regressed.

They have an extremely strong squad, packed full of very talented players. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a good squad struggle so much. Long may it continue.

I really wanted Poch back when Conte was fired but I'm so glad it didn't work out. I think if we'd have had a better manager during his time we would have won a league and a couple cups. Guy was massively overrated.

Whilst the demise of these cunts is lovely to see, it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

Poch showed with us that he’s capable of putting a good side together and improving players, but with the exception of Palmer and maybe Gallagher, every other player there has regressed.

They have an extremely strong squad, packed full of very talented players. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a good squad struggle so much. Long may it continue.

Not really sure who is strong, they are mostly ok/average players

Palmer: absolute Quality
Gallagher: decent work horse but limited passer
Gusto: decent
Colwell: decent but mostly injured
James: quality but always injured
Enzo: crap
Caciedo: limited
Mudryk: quick but a donkey
Everyone else: meh!

They wasted a billion on mediocrity. I would say 3-5 good players with 2 of them mostly injured. They have enough of a squad to be a mid table team. Palmer though is a huge talent.

They wasted a billion on mediocrity. I would say 3-5 good players with 2 of them mostly injured. They have enough of a squad to be a mid table team. Palmer though is a huge talent.

2 of which were free (from the academy) anyway.

Presently, that’s where all the players are, yes. That’s my point. Poch had made them like this. Or something has.

Enzo, Caciedo, Sterling, Mudryk, etc were all operating at a higher standard before going Chelsea. Each player has his limitations. But they have all got worse.

Ignoring the prices paid for these players, they were good when they signed. And not as good now.

Presently, that’s where all the players are, yes. That’s my point. Poch had made them like this. Or something has.

Enzo, Caciedo, Sterling, Mudryk, etc were all operating at a higher standard before going Chelsea. Each player has his limitations. But they have all got worse.

Ignoring the prices paid for these players, they were good when they signed. And not as good now.

They were like this under Potter as well, who is also a coach known for improving young players. I think it is more an Ndombele story, Ndombele blessed with all the talent but retired soon as he got paid money.

Caicedo: whenever I watched him for Brighton he was Wilson Palacios. Hard worker and strong but limited on the ball. A £20m player who sort of fitted Brighton.

Enzo: fame from being part of a Messi led World Cup, never buy players from WC hype.

Mudryk: Great in the Ukrainian league and stat wise crazy pace.

Sterling: Pace reliant often headless chicken who is getting older and less pacey.

Chelsea to me just didn’t scout very well nor did they understand players are pieces of a puzzle to be put together. Lots of square peg, round holes and overhyped purchases. Palmer though was a crazy good buy.

Its not a terrible squad it’s more a 8-12th level squad but for £1bn you would expect more.

Thinking about how Poch played I think he is missing a press resistant CM and a CF that can put the ball in the net if they want to push for top 4/6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom