Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, it's a red herring looking above the Club.

I think what is interesting is understanding what new signings and players sold have been booked in what accounting year. (Have you noticed also that the vast majority of accounts this year are late being filed on Companies House? Many of the accounts having been signed off months beforehand, everyone is dancing on a hot tin roof doing everything they can to hide how desperate they are to meet PSR.
So it's now confirmed they spent £1.2b on players across 2 financial years (£745m (before 30 June 2023) plus £455m (post 30 June 2023):
GIDlNm0WUAAgEHZ

£142.2m player trading profit in 22/23 which means an operating loss of more than £230m!!! In order to pass 23/24 PSR they need to sell big time!! It's important to understand they need sales approaching £200m PROFIT (not gross).

fyi I understand all clubs need to send copies of audited accounts to PL in December for the accounting period covering the previous season.

So for Spurs that means sending the year ended 30 June 2023 accounts to PL in December 2023, and accounts are usually signed in early December ........... but the accounts do NOT have to be filed at Companies House until 31 March 2024 ......... and we are still waiting for them to be released (although Deloittes have been given the headlines if not the accounts for their year book which was published in Jan 2024).

So I don't think think the filing date has much to do with the Profit and Sustainability tests, I think its just everyone filing things where its made public at the last possible date - remembering PL has already had them since December and has probably spent the last couple of months looking in detail and asking questions of the clubs who look as if they are close to an ffp problem.

Riyadh Air are owned by PIF.

I appreciate the same sponsor can be affiliated to different clubs but seems (to me) strange that one that owns Newcastle would consider sponsoring a direct mid-table rival.
Although Sugar getting HP to sponsor us, given he owned Amstrad was very Sugar-like.

fyi I understand all clubs need to send copies of audited accounts to PL in December for the accounting period covering the previous season.

So for Spurs that means sending the year ended 30 June 2023 accounts to PL in December 2023, and accounts are usually signed in early December ........... but the accounts do NOT have to be filed at Companies House until 31 March 2024 ......... and we are still waiting for them to be released (although Deloittes have been given the headlines if not the accounts for their year book which was published in Jan 2024).

So I don't think think the filing date has much to do with the Profit and Sustainability tests, I think its just everyone filing things where its made public at the last possible date - remembering PL has already had them since December and has probably spent the last couple of months looking in detail and asking questions of the clubs who look as if they are close to an ffp problem.
Yes, this is my take. The delay in filing them at Companies House is to hide them from other football clubs, their negotiation position becomes crystal clear if their accounts show that they need to sell players to meet PSR. e.g Gallagher Spurs (and no doubt other Clubs) see it as an opportunity to knock 10's of millions of the price because they are desperate to raise the case by 'X' date.

Yes, this is my take. The delay in filing them at Companies House is to hide them from other football clubs, their negotiation position becomes crystal clear if their accounts show that they need to sell players to meet PSR. e.g Gallagher Spurs (and no doubt other Clubs) see it as an opportunity to knock 10's of millions of the price because they are desperate to raise the case by 'X' date.

I can understand not filing accounts at Companies House until the end of the winter transfer windows, but I think the last windows in places like Turkiye closed in mid February, so the need for any form of commercial confidentiality is now well past.

I can understand not filing accounts at Companies House until the end of the winter transfer windows, but I think the last windows in places like Turkiye closed in mid February, so the need for any form of commercial confidentiality is now well past.

They can always not file them and take the penalty hit. It isn’t exactly a huge fine from the HMRC.

Let's hope Tony Blair doesn't rock up to the Premier League trying to lead a takeover then we'll be in real trouble.

"Since childhood, Blair has been a fan of Newcastle United football club."
......Saudi merger incoming? : P

But yeh... They go way back.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom