Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The main issue is you cannot write off debt, that is a gift which breaks the rules and as the debt is in a sanctioned company it will need to be paid. Unless of course the government is kind to Chelsea and wavers the rules purely for them which I would not be surprised about.

If not the money has to be paid by the club not the new owners.
What about the Everton link, converting to equity is writing off debt, I'm pretty sure if there was no sanctions he would have been free to convert as it was being said it was always the plan.

It breaks ffp when he pumps it in, either with debt or cash injection or it doesn't break ffp... I think.

I'm by no means an expert in this but isn't in effect transferring debt to equity which is allowed? When ever I heard of the 1bn+ pre sanctions it was always said he would do this but its more efficient to hold as debt until he sells.

The fact he was allowed to pump 1bn in without breaking FFP is the odd one.

I think it's quite different if you don't own the club outright

Say you own 60% and you create new shares and buy them at slightly above the market rate and you increase your share holding.......That's perfectly normal.

If you own 100% and you create new shares and buy them at a massively inflated price......You are up to no good.

I think it's quite different if you don't own the club outright

Say you own 60% and you create new shares and buy them at slightly above the market rate and you increase your share holding.......That's perfectly normal.

If you own 100% and you create new shares and buy them at a massively inflated price......You are up to no good.
I know it is pre ffp, roman converted 340m debt into shares in 2009(made them debt free) while owning club 100%

Which he obviously did for a reason - probably either money laundering or tax avoidance
He has as debt for tax reasons, he converted in 2009 to make them look debt free for FFP.

I agree with you normally but in Romans case he was pumping in cash to Chelsea but it was better for him to keep as debt and when he came to sell have them take off the debt in the sale price or convert to equity at sale. It was a cash injection in line with ffp in either case,

It's got a bit murky now due to sanctions but I would be surprised if him not getting the debt paid would break ffp... We'll see.

Running Man Dancing GIF

They’ll probably get that debt written off somehow with no ramifications too I suspect.
Almost certainly will. I’m no expert on FFP but noises emanating from those that do say a loan doesn’t count when looking into what’s invested, it focuses on the revenue.

The thing to focus on is Chavs can’t operate as they have without Abramovich drip of money (approx £80m per year).

My gut is telling me that the bidders now could well be looking to sell the club quickly if they are successful buying a Club valued at £3b for £2b!! Think it like buying a rundown mansion on Bishops Avenue. Once it’s been bought and there’s no debt, no dodgy owner and scandal around it, if you give it a lick of paint it could then be worth £3b again.

My only potential worry is if it’s bought “cheaply” with no debts the new owners might see this as an opportunity to invest in the short term (something like 10yrs, enough time to get a new stadium built) giving them a healthy return on their investment. If it’s bought for £2b and the stadium will take 10yrs to buy then they could invest the same sum of Abramovich over this period and still walk out with £500m profit in 10yrs!! (Stadium if built can and most likely will all be borrowed as per ours).

Almost certainly will. I’m no expert on FFP but noises emanating from those that do say a loan doesn’t count when looking into what’s invested, it focuses on the revenue.

The thing to focus on is Chavs can’t operate as they have without Abramovich drip of money (approx £80m per year).

My gut is telling me that the bidders now could well be looking to sell the club quickly if they are successful buying a Club valued at £3b for £2b!! Think it like buying a rundown mansion on Bishops Avenue. Once it’s been bought and there’s no debt, no dodgy owner and scandal around it, if you give it a lick of paint it could then be worth £3b again.

My only potential worry is if it’s bought “cheaply” with no debts the new owners might see this as an opportunity to invest in the short term (something like 10yrs, enough time to get a new stadium built) giving them a healthy return on their investment. If it’s bought for £2b and the stadium will take 10yrs to buy then they could invest the same sum of Abramovich over this period and still walk out with £500m profit in 10yrs!! (Stadium if built can and most likely will all be borrowed as per ours).

Sounds like Seb Coe is in on one of the groups with guys who have a share in palace. I reckon that’s one to watch. He’s a slippery fucker who helped West Ham get the Olympic stadium ahead of us (thankfully in the end although I’m sceptical our bid was anything more than a political move by all involved) in a way which would have left them a lot better off had Levy not got involved. He’s also well in with the government.

With him and Broughton involved they’re only in it to make money for themselves. I think that wouldn’t be a bad result. I’ve no idea how rich the Americans involved with Palace are though.

Sounds like Seb Coe is in on one of the groups with guys who have a share in palace. I reckon that’s one to watch. He’s a slippery fucker who helped West Ham get the Olympic stadium ahead of us (thankfully in the end although I’m sceptical our bid was anything more than a political move by all involved) in a way which would have left them a lot better off had Levy not got involved. He’s also well in with the government.

With him and Broughton involved they’re only in it to make money for themselves. I think that wouldn’t be a bad result. I’ve no idea how rich the Americans involved with Palace are though.

Agreed.

My gut is just seeing this as whoever wins the bid is either there to make a quick quid (5-10yr time frame, could be an immediate sale if they buy cheap enough and with zero debts ).

It’s obvious but everything hinges on the sale price and whether the debt is there or not.

Just wonder (more hope really) that a few vultures are circling around. Swoop in for a bit, make a quick pound and get out. It's happened to most clubs that go into financial difficulty, Rangers, Derby, Portsmouth etc.

I want to get this right, the person who sent the racist emails isn't involved in the bid, do they think it makes his family racist by association, because if thats the case, then all Chelsea fans are racist based on that bloke not being allowed on the train. I suspect really they don't want them to win the bid is because they think they won't put enough money into the club, just as some posters on here have stipulated.

I want to get this right, the person who sent the racist emails isn't involved in the bid, do they think it makes his family racist by association, because if thats the case, then all Chelsea fans are racist based on that bloke not being allowed on the train. I suspect really they don't want them to win the bid is because they think they won't put enough money into the club, just as some posters on here have stipulated.

It’s all about that, the Chelsea fans supporters trust where where they during the 20 years of a blood soaked gangster running the show. Anyone who thinks this is about racism is thick as shit.

Chelsea is a steroid club they need another man to continue juicing them .

Their natural level is below us and level with West Ham, take away the 100m cash they get each season and do it for 5-10 years that’s 500m to 1bn less on wages and transfers.

Their stadium is small and old, their corporate average and their hardcore fans not great. They are juiced like Man City and they know they need it to continue they are not Liverpool or Man United who are naturally big.

Back
Top Bottom