Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had a chat yesterday with someone who had been in discussions with them over their stadium development and turned down working with them, to quote him, “because they don’t have a fucking clue what they are doing”.

So don’t expect them to be doing anything soon and definitely not at the current site. Their only real option is to move away.

I had a chat yesterday with someone who had been in discussions with them over their stadium development and turned down working with them, to quote him, “because they don’t have a fucking clue what they are doing”.

So don’t expect them to be doing anything soon and definitely not at the current site. Their only real option is to move away.
That option needs them to get the pitch owners to agree to move and let the club sell the existing site. Not easy

To be fair to them that stadium will be plenty big enough for the second division next season! :levylol:

I think teams can bottle a game by not competing or showing up but I do hate the use of it when aimed at any team who lost a final (in this actual game I thought Chavs were marginally the better team across the whole game which ebbed a& flowed, so even worse use of the term IMO), how should he describe the other teams that didn't make it to the final? Why hasn't he used this term to describe Utd?

He is one of top 5 most influential people in the game (I really wish that wasn't the case but the way Football is now debated 24/7 across TV/Radio/Print/Online he basically dominates in every aspect, he's literally never off our screens, ears and eyes, everyday Neville dictates the agenda). It is an abuse of power and there should be some pressure put on him by having Ofcom at least run some guidelines over his influence and the impact of his words.

I'm particularly sensitive when it's him (there are others too) because for years now he's abused his influence with how he's talked about our players and managers for the best part of a decade in what basically amounts to tapping them up. His pursuit of Poch to get him at Utd was blatant and even Utd supporters thought he was taking the piss.

Do not get me wrong, it's fucking fantastic that this label has been slapped on the West London Nazi's, this is going to stick.

But Neville (and the others) need to be taken down a peg for the good of the game.

Agreed. It's the way of the world though. Everything is a product. Including presenting and analysis. Neville & Carragher are a product. As the spitting incident and Carragher's return shows, Sky isn't releasing their grip on their product.

Those two can do whatever they please. And they know it. Neville admitted (I gather) the comment was preplaned, he knew how it would be received, and yet did it. To enhance the product.

They will not be taking down any sort of peg, imho.

Agreed. It's the way of the world though. Everything is a product. Including presenting and analysis. Neville & Carragher are a product. As the spitting incident and Carragher's return shows, Sky isn't releasing their grip on their product.

Those two can do whatever they please. And they know it. Neville admitted (I gather) the comment was preplaned, he knew how it would be received, and yet did it. To enhance the product.

They will not be taking down any sort of peg, imho.

They discussed it on his Overlap podcast and led with that title, so far it's got around 1.3m views.

Being controversial has always sold but now Co-comms and pundits are now jut jumping on the gravy train, it's basically free marketing for their podcasts without spending any money. Neville can say some BS like this and spin a narrative so that it gets everyone talking because he will get everyone flocking to his podcast - it's engagement baiting.

Rio did the same thing last week when he said Arteta would leave Ars to go to Utd, cue loads of Ars fans getting wound up and giving his platform more engagement.

The problem is now, how can anyone trust the words of pundits or expect them to stay impartial when all they're going to do is speak a load of shite they don't necessarily believe for clicks, I saw Nevle trying to explain himself on MNF and the amount of mental gymnastics and utter waffle he came out with was painful.

There is something very odd about this entire Chelsea operation. They are apparently backed by Clearlake Capital and it’s an equity firm so in theory they want to grow the asset and make money later on.

Yet they spend billions on shit players, don’t seem to understand FFP rules and if that is true have fuck all knowledge about infrastructure building.

That Todd Boehly knows nothing about stadiums should be irrelavant. The job of an owner is to hire a top director with experience to build out the back room of the club with people who do know what they are doing. If I was a billionaire owner tomorrow my job would be simple, hire the ‘best in class’ director and entrust them to move the club forward, beyond that other than financial support my job is done, nothing worse than an owner who knows Jack shit about football meddling.

If Chelsea don’t know ‘what they are doing ‘ then they should be asking people with knowledge such as you friend who to hire within the club itself who understand the financial, legal and practical implications of this journey.

Everything I have read about Chavs gives me the strong impression that Boehy is playing football manager and thinks he can do it all himself when he knows nothing about the game.

That option needs them to get the pitch owners to agree to move and let the club sell the existing site. Not easy

They are looking to do something there the second paragraph was my opinion. However it’s impossible to do anything meaningful.

The main point is, they haven’t a clue about stadium development or adopting it as an entertainment venue.

There is something very odd about this entire Chelsea operation. They are apparently backed by Clearlake Capital and it’s an equity firm so in theory they want to grow the asset and make money later on.

Yet they spend billions on shit players, don’t seem to understand FFP rules and if that is true have fuck all knowledge about infrastructure building.

That Todd Boehly knows nothing about stadiums should be irrelavant. The job of an owner is to hire a top director with experience to build out the back room of the club with people who do know what they are doing. If I was a billionaire owner tomorrow my job would be simple, hire the ‘best in class’ director and entrust them to move the club forward, beyond that other than financial support my job is done, nothing worse than an owner who knows Jack shit about football meddling.

If Chelsea don’t know ‘what they are doing ‘ then they should be asking people with knowledge such as you friend who to hire within the club itself who understand the financial, legal and practical implications of this journey.

Everything I have read about Chavs gives me the strong impression that Boehy is playing football manager and thinks he can do it all himself when he knows nothing about the game.

I didn’t really press him on it as it was during the game. We then got pissed and I forgot to ask further, but I got the impression initial chats didn’t get very far because they were so clueless.

I only posted because it amused me and I thought others would be happy to hear it is as much of a farce behind the scenes as we think it is.

They discussed it on his Overlap podcast and led with that title, so far it's got around 1.3m views.

Being controversial has always sold but now Co-comms and pundits are now jut jumping on the gravy train, it's basically free marketing for their podcasts without spending any money. Neville can say some BS like this and spin a narrative so that it gets everyone talking because he will get everyone flocking to his podcast - it's engagement baiting.

Rio did the same thing last week when he said Arteta would leave Ars to go to Utd, cue loads of Ars fans getting wound up and giving his platform more engagement.

The problem is now, how can anyone trust the words of pundits or expect them to stay impartial when all they're going to do is speak a load of shite they don't necessarily believe for clicks, I saw Nevle trying to explain himself on MNF and the amount of mental gymnastics and utter waffle he came out with was painful.
Punditry is dead, engagement baiting is where the money is sadly.

It is funny how they would make fun of the likes of Aftv for being embarrassing just to turn into them.

Back
Top Bottom