Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon whoever buys them will put in more than 0 pounds when they take over. All they have to do is stick in one singular pound and they'll have better owners than us immediately, so not sure I can be too optimistic about their situation.

They'll obviously have to adjust for post-Roman life (lower the wage budget a bit, not splurge on Lukaku's so regularly) but as long as their owners are half decent and delegate the football side of things whilst investing in to the club when needed, they'll still win trophies.

If all you want is 1 pound I'll paypal the club myself. :nunothumb:

Seriously though;

- They need to find between £100-150m per season just to sustain where they are now.
- They need a new stadium (like us previously) to increase revenue streams; which unless gifted to them, the build will further impede them in the interim. The longer it takes the further the shortfall will grow.

....Without these things they'll occupy a different echelon of financial power.

There's no guarantees how competently they'll be run and it'll take more than a "half-decent" strategy for a 2nd tier EPL club to consistently win trophies.

Now granted this may not help us a great deal, but I bet City, Utd & Nu-castle alongside Europe's elites will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of an un-doped Chelsea.

Lastly:

Yeh, my last post was somewhat facetious; but it's a fair question: What's the minimum investment p/a for an owner to be considered outside the "cunt" zone?

Last edited:
It's not gonna happen. They'll sell to someone else who's filthy rich and it'll carry on.

You and all the other old Chelsea haters are going to be very let down that you be waited 20 years for this and won't get what you expect.

It wouldn't surprise me if RA does a deal like we did for Everton, where he basically gives the club away now with payments due in the future. Just to make sure his money isn't intercepted during this conflict.

They need to find between £100-150m per season just to sustain where they are now.
Estimates are closer to £500M for the first season alone...They made £70M odd last season, but that included their CL winnings, they average around £2M profits otherwise. So they basically need to win the CL every season and it still wouldn't be enough to keep them as they are...

Estimates are closer to £500M for the first season alone...They made £70M odd last season, but that included their CL winnings, they average around £2M profits otherwise. So they basically need to win the CL every season and it still wouldn't be enough to keep them as they are...

I get the basis of that, but how doesn't that in turn arrive at £500m?

What is she not wrong about?
Let's be clear before we go any further...

I'm working on the basis someone shouldn't be tarred as guilty of something because of who they know. Almost everyone alive would be guilty of something.

Her words simply say "you shouldn't have to sell a football club because of a relationship"

Now....
If he really wanted to keep that football club, what he could have done is publicly denounce Russia's actions and use his considerable wealth and influence to try to help.

But he's stayed silent. He's decided he's better off out of "dodge"

Slightly off topic, we have to he careful that during this conflict, people don't start treating your average Russian as a war criminal. Not RA, just the general Russian. I can see Facebook warriors assaulting UK based Russians sooner or later.

I'm working on the basis someone shouldn't be tarred as guilty of something because of who they know. Almost everyone alive would be guilty of something.

Her words simply say "you shouldn't have to sell a football club because of a relationship"

Only if you ignore what is commonly known about RA and the context that causes her to even be discussing this matter....

Now....
If he really wanted to keep that football club, what he could have done is publicly denounce Russia's actions and use his considerable wealth and influence to try to help.

Indeed he didn't..... Rather than attempt to clear his name; he's decided he'd rather kiss goodbye to potentially billions and an asset that he claimed to adore instead.

....Oh and he's already tried to fake news his way out of things twice (1st with the facile "I'll appoint custodians and no longer run the club; nudge nudge" shtick and 2nd with the "I'll try and talk Vlad round even though I don't know him; honest guv" routine.).

Last edited:
Seriously though;

- They need to find between £100-150m per season just to sustain where they are now.
- They need a new stadium (like us previously) to increase revenue streams; which unless gifted to them, the build will further impeded them in the interim. The longer it takes the further the shortfall will grow.

....Without these things they'll occupy a different echelon of financial power.

There's no guarantees how competently they'll be run and it'll take more than a "half-decent" strategy for a 2nd tier EPL club to consistently win trophies.

Now granted this may not help us a great deal, but I bet City, Utd & Nu-castle alongside Europe's elites will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of an un-doped Chelsea.

Lastly:

Yeh, my last post was somewhat facetious; but it's a fair question: What's the minimum investment p/a for an owner to be considered outside the "cunt" zone?

I don't doubt there will be a drop off. Maybe even some years of austerity. But they've established themselves as a big club now, they have 2 champions leagues titles and a whole bunch of domestic trophies. They may face 5-10 years of not being 'top' level but they will still be in those CL spots and winning the odd cup. I'd rather have their situation now than ours, if we were being sold I'd be jumping for joy.

Liverpool's financial power isn't that much greater and they're doing okay. Chelsea with a new stadium would leapfrog a few more. They're ahead of us without it.

Maybe, but even under Roman Chelsea haven't been really the cream of the crop for a while. Yeah they won the CL but it wasn't as a free flowing, all conquering team, their league winning sides under Jose were much superior.

Depends on the size of the club. But Villa's have put in around 300 or 400 million I think. Would've been nice to see that kind of investment here, but hey ho.

I don't doubt there will be a drop off. Maybe even some years of austerity. But they've established themselves as a big club now, they have 2 champions leagues titles and a whole bunch of domestic trophies. They may face 5-10 years of not being 'top' level but they will still be in those CL spots and winning the odd cup. I'd rather have their situation now than ours, if we were being sold I'd be jumping for joy.

You don't seem too eager to engage with the numbers......

100-150m p/a out of pocket PLUS a stadium to finance.

"Life moves pretty fast etc." - Ferris Bueller.

Liverpool's financial power isn't that much greater and they're doing okay. Chelsea with a new stadium would leapfrog a few more. They're ahead of us without it.

Liverpool's global revenue streams are much better than both of us and Chavski though. If anything in terms of sustainability, Liverpool would be on the brink of leaping to the 4th 'richest in the EPL' spot thanks to this takeover.

Nu-Castle <<<< Too rich to give a fuck.
City <<< Benefit
Utd <<< Benefit
Liverpool <<< Benefit
-------------------------------
Chavs <<< Dropped a spot.
Spurs <<< We remain the same unchanged in the pecking order.
Arse <<< Lost a big chunk again this year.

Maybe, but even under Roman Chelsea haven't been really the cream of the crop for a while. Yeah they won the CL but it wasn't as a free flowing, all conquering team, their league winning sides under Jose were much superior.

Lampard had a pass for much discussed reasons, but otherwise, no trophy was still a sacking offense..... Sarri & Conte both got the boot having won one.

They've still won a pot most years since Jose last won the EPL.

Depends on the size of the club. But Villa's have put in around 300 or 400 million I think. Would've been nice to see that kind of investment here, but hey ho.

Not what's being asked though mate.

How much per year is an acceptable minimum investment..... Let's not dance around the crux of the "tight cunts" matter here.

........I can engage with the local divs if that's what I'm after.

Last edited:

Personally I think it’s all up in the air. We don’t even know who the new owner is going to be, how much they will borrow and how much of their own cash they will pony up. If they need to borrow billions then they’ll be having to pay back huge interest payments each year to banks. I think we pay about £18m a year for our loans and theirs will be much bigger than the ones ENIC took out for the stadium. Probably double or treble that. They have no stadium producing over £120m a year to service those debts. I posted a Twitter thread this morning on a previous page that goes into detail on it. (Edit: and above by ArtyB ArtyB )

Anyway, they won’t be fucked but I very much doubt they’ll be the same. That’s what I’m trying to say. They’ll go back to fighting it out for fourth rather than first. Plus I wonder what rudiger, Azpilicueta and Christiansen will do now about their contract renewals….bet they aren’t so keen to sign up now.

Now....

Slightly off topic, we have to he careful that during this conflict, people don't start treating your average Russian as a war criminal. Not RA, just the general Russian. I can see Facebook warriors assaulting UK based Russians sooner or later.
Something for you to ponder…….
He’s NOT been sanctioned!!!!

You don't seem too eager to engage with the numbers......

100-150m p/a out of pocket PLUS a stadium to finance.

"Life moves pretty fast etc." - Ferris Bueller.

Liverpool's global revenue streams are much better than both of us and Chavski though. If anything in terms of sustainability, Liverpool would be on the brink of leaping to the 4th 'richest in the EPL' spot thanks to this takeover.

Nu-Castle <<<< Too rich to give a fuck.
City <<< Benefit
Utd <<< Benefit
Liverpool <<< Benefit
-------------------------------
Chavs <<< Dropped a spot.
Spurs <<< We remain the same unchanged in the pecking order.
Arse <<< Lost a big chunk again this year.

Lampard had a pass for much discussed reasons, but otherwise, no trophy was still a sacking offense..... Sarri & Conte both got the boot having won one.

They've still one a pot most years since Jose last won the EPL.

Not what's being asked though mate.

How much per year is an acceptable minimum investment..... Let's not dance around the crux of the "tight cunts" matter here.

........I can engage with the local divs if that's what I'm after.

Will they still proceed with building the new stadium? It's hard to be exact with numbers when we don't know what the new owners plans will be, we don't know how much they will invest in to the club p/a, and we don't know what their long term plans will be. With the price of the club being what it is and the expectations of the fans, the owners will likely be very wealthy and probably pretty ambitious. Until they secure new owners it's hard to talk specific numbers.

Sarri got the boot for not playing Chelsea style football or some other bullshit, and Conte for not finishing in the top four. I think they'd take a few trophyless seasons as long as European football was still on the table.

It depends A LOT on context. Like again the size of the club, where they're at when taken over, and their historical success i.e where do the fans expect the owners to take them. 30 or 40 mill per annum sounds about fair as a decent PL club. The tight owners (ENIC, FSG, Glazers) spend less than that whereas Villa and Evertons spend more.

Last edited:
I suspect he will do well to get a billion tbh.
... which should go directly to the the Ukranian relief fund, along with his yachts, private planes, supercars, watches, mansions, offices etc etc.

For Roman's benefit here's the link

Please donate generously.

On a footballing note, I've been waiting for 20 years for the Nazis' gravy train to hit the buffers! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Back
Top Bottom