Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£30m for a 30 year old (in Feb) forward who has scored 23 goals in 165 games.

YEP. THAT DEFINITELY SEEMS LEGIT.

We all knew this was going to happen though. It’s down to the FA to protect the integrity of the league (although let’s face it, that ship sailed years ago) and block these types of transfers. Saudi clubs buying players above market value from Saudi owned clubs in the Premier League should be blocked.

Is there one of you in every clubs forum trying to defend this bullshit. Its dodgy, its suspect, state owned shit thst passed the owners test through bribing the government. So please stop pushing that agenda thats its all legal and above board here. Its not working
He hasn't even been sold yet, and you're already in a tizz about it. Did you also get this furious about the Neves loan deal that was never going to happen?

For what it's worth, plenty of other PL clubs have sold their fading stars for big sums to the Saudi league, so why should we be prevented from doing the same? Liverpool got €46.7m for Fabinho (30yr old midfielder) and €14m for Henderson, a 33yr old midfielder. Chelsea got €23m for a 32 yr old centreback,
£30m for a 30 year old (in Feb) forward who has scored 23 goals in 165 games.

YEP. THAT DEFINITELY SEEMS LEGIT.

We all knew this was going to happen though. It’s down to the FA to protect the integrity of the league (although let’s face it, that ship sailed years ago) and block these types of transfers. Saudi clubs buying players above market value from Saudi owned clubs in the Premier League should be blocked.
Celtic got €29m for a striker who's got double figures once in his entire career. I don't think they care about over paying for players.

So that I get this right, you're saying that there's a market out there, buying up players for way over their real value and every team in the league can take advantage of it, except for Newcastle United?

Is there one of you in every clubs forum trying to defend this bullshit. Its dodgy, its suspect, state owned shit thst passed the owners test through bribing the government. So please stop pushing that agenda thats its all legal and above board here. Its not working

I said that the other day and I suspect so. It’s just like all those Man City sympathetic accounts popping up on social media ahead of what’s going on with them. It’s an orchestrated online ploy.

Celtic got €29m for a striker who's got double figures once in his entire career. I don't think they care about over paying for players.

So that I get this right, you're saying that there's a market out there, buying up players for way over their real value and every team in the league can take advantage of it, except for Newcastle United?
Celtic are subject to UEFA’s financial fair play regulations. If they want to pay over the odds for a player, or indeed, if any club in European football wants to do that then they have to balance the books to make it work. As Celtic don’t have Saudi owners, they’re not set to gain further through selling players either.

Saudi clubs don’t have to do that. They aren’t subject to any form of profit and sustainability rules.

Newcastle have Saudi-based owners. Saudi Arabia is a country known for wide spread corruption, extreme human rights abuses and specific to this issue, establishing a domestic football scene that threatens to destroy European football.

Given the unknowns and clear relationship that Newcastle have to Saudi Arabia, it is highly likely that they will try and utilise that relationship to navigate FFP by bailing themselves out by selling players above their market value to clubs with access to bottomless pits of money, in a corrupt country who do not need to adhere to financial fair play of any kind.

He hasn't even been sold yet, and you're already in a tizz about it. Did you also get this furious about the Neves loan deal that was never going to happen?

For what it's worth, plenty of other PL clubs have sold their fading stars for big sums to the Saudi league, so why should we be prevented from doing the same? Liverpool got €46.7m for Fabinho (30yr old midfielder) and €14m for Henderson, a 33yr old midfielder. Chelsea got €23m for a 32 yr old centreback,

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Referencing Chelsea..who are also cheats and owned by PIF.

Stupid arguement. Saudi arabia dont own those clubs.
P.s. jota was a winger

Celtic are subject to UEFA’s financial fair play regulations. If they want to pay over the odds for a player, or indeed, if any club in European football wants to do that then they have to balance the books to make it work. As Celtic don’t have Saudi owners, they’re not set to gain further through selling players either.

Saudi clubs don’t have to do that. They aren’t subject to any form of profit and sustainability rules.

Newcastle have Saudi-based owners. Saudi Arabia is a country known for wide spread corruption, extreme human rights abuses and specific to this issue, establishing a domestic football scene that threatens to destroy European football.

Given the unknowns and clear relationship that Newcastle have to Saudi Arabia, it is highly likely that they will try and utilise that relationship to navigate FFP by bailing themselves out by selling players above their market value to clubs with access to bottomless pits of money, in a corrupt country who do not need to adhere to financial fair play of any kind.

Well, so far, we haven't. We've sold ASM for around his reported transfer value (and below the fee put forward by AC Milan earlier on) and the rumours around Neves never bore fruit, and this reported Almiron deal is again around his suggested market value.

So far, we seem to be among the clubs who haven't benefited greatly from the Saudi League's largesse. Liverpool and Chelsea have done very well out of it. Celtic have done well out of it too.

Genuinely feels like you're indignant about something that hasn't even happened. If We'd sold ASM for €50m and loaned Neves for nowt, picked up Benzema on loan and had a deal in place to flog Almiron for €60m I could understand the furore. But, right now, the facts are that we've sold one player for around his 'fair market value'.

Stupid arguement. Saudi arabia dont own those clubs.
P.s. jota was a winger
And Saudi Arabia (via PIF) don't own the club reportedly interested in Almiron.

Your argument seems to be Newcastle United should not be allowed to trade with any club from Saudi Arabia, is that right?

Sounds awfully anti-competitive

Edit - Re: you P.S. you're right he's a winger, apologies. He's now definitely worth what they sold him for...

Your argument seems to be Newcastle United should not be allowed to trade with any club from Saudi Arabia, is that right?

Edit - Re: you P.S. you're right he's a winger, apologies. He's now definitely worth what they sold him for...
You actually believe saudi arabia dont own the club buying almiron. Wow.
No they shouldnt. Not when owned by the same country
No anti competitive is been owned by a country with a bottomless pit of money that violates basic human rights.

Ref edit.- tell the truth while making a point

You actually believe saudi arabia dont own the club buying almiron. Wow.
No they shouldnt. Not when owned by the same country
No anti competitive is been owned by a country with a bottomless pit of money that violates basic human rights.
Re: your first point, happy to admit I'm wrong if you can prove it.

Re: your other points, I'm not sure you understand what anticompetitive is then.

Either everyone gets to trade with the Saudi League, or noone can. Either of those is fine by me.

Re: your first point, happy to admit I'm wrong if you can prove it.

Re: your other points, I'm not sure you understand what anticompetitive is then.

Either everyone gets to trade with the Saudi League, or noone can. Either of those is fine by me
Go back to your own forums and spout this shit where theyll believe it and live in your saudi echo chamber.
Being owned by an oil state is exactly what anti competitive is

Back
Top Bottom