Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah well suck it up, it's taken us fucking years to get to this point and we're talking about a period by the way where there was no profit and sustainability rules nor were there any fit and proper tests so cash rich owners could just come in and launder their cash in clubs like Chelsea and City...did we play their game?, nope...but what we did do is play by the rules and now we've reached this point where we are apart of the established top 6...so you moaning about the fact that can't join the elite - how about you do the fucking hard yards like us first and run your club properly - that's what I mean by joining the queue.

This. All fucking day.

I’ve just had a thought…..are there Saudi bots on every PL clubs’ forums doing the same thing or are we the unlucky ones?
I can't speak to forums, but it's pretty obvious that there are a ton on social media who try to pretend like their league is relevant, by flooding timelines with graphics of how many goals Ronaldo has scored against traffic cones and such.

I don't think you've understood Football Inflation. I linked to it before, but football inflation is a very real thing. Wages and fees have increased, they have inflated. Bale's transfer, accounting for inflation would be closer to £180m were it to happen now. Likely more when you account for things outside of the pure numbers like demand for that position, strength of selling club, strength of buying club etc.
Why do you think that is? It started with Chelsea and their oil money. That brand of scum and villainy now runs riot in your club. The sustainability rules serve in part to prevent the inflation of wages and transfer fees

Boo fucking hoo. You've spent 400m net in the last couple of seasons. Fucking hell, what else is wrong? Are your diamond shoes too tight on your feet?

Jesus fucking christ.
Am I speaking Venusian or something?
The limits are not up to date.
There should be a limit on spending to prevent teams dropping unlimited funds in every window.
The original aim of the FFP/PSR rules were noble, but their effects have resulted in an ever broadening gap.
The current PSR protects the big clubs more than it benefits the lower clubs.

These are my positions, which haven't changed.
Tough tits. You are the richest club in the world. Talk about your first world problems.

What is this status quo shite you keep banging on about? Why do you sound like such a fucking victim all the time? 10-15 years ago you'd have laughed at the very idea of Spurs being one of these "elite". There was no such thing as a Big Six. We're there on merit, not because we were already there or had some help or assistance. We weren't part of some club keeping everyone else down, we were just mid table shite. We didn't whinge and whine that other clubs had more money to spend, we just went about creating the foundations which generate the revenue to compete. And now we can.
You are there on merit, and you deserve credit for getting into that conversation. I remember when it was the Top 2, then the Top 4, and so on.

I also don't get the insinuation that Newcastle are not building foundations? There's been more money pumped into the academy, the facilities, the backroom staff and commercial arm of this club in the past few years than in the decades preceding it.

There should be a limit on spending to prevent teams dropping unlimited funds in every window.
The original aim of the FFP/PSR rules were noble, but their effects have resulted in an ever broadening gap.

You are there on merit, and you deserve credit for getting into that conversation. I remember when it was the Top 2, then the Top 4, and so on.

I also don't get the insinuation that Newcastle are not building foundations? There's been more money pumped into the academy, the facilities, the backroom staff and commercial arm of this club in the past few years than in the decades preceding it.
Venusian? The Definition of a clever geordie is a jock with his brains kicked out .

If I ask you nicely, would you please go away?

No.... Just disingenuous bullshit.

Yet.....

Contradictory bullshit too.

Last edited:
Why do you think that is? It started with Chelsea and their oil money. That brand of scum and villainy now runs riot in your club. The sustainability rules serve in part to prevent the inflation of wages and transfer fees
I kind of agree, transfer fees have grown to ludicrous amounts but it started decades ago. The advent of the Premier League saw older stars from other leagues enticed by the sudden wealth of England's top flight. This meant foreign clubs began demanding higher fees from England, lower league clubs began demanding higher fees for their players from the now wealthier PL clubs, and players and agents started demanding higher wages and bonuses.

Chelsea offering prison contracts purely to circumvent FFP is brazen, but it's not something our owners have done. I'm pretty sure the longest contract we've offered is 5yrs. Which given the profile of the players we're signing (<25, potential to improve, potential resale value) makes sense. Offering an 8yr deal to a 26yr old Goalkeeper, or a 5yr deal to a 29yr old, that's gaming the system and horseshit.

Why should a club as big as Newcastle, with your relatively large stadium, with your TV rights, your sponsorships need the room to make more than a £100m loss, after deductions allowed for infrastructure, youth and womens football? If this helps put the brakes on football inflation then good. I'm all for it. Why should we keep feeding the fucking monster?

You're only upset about this because it's stopped you from buying a Top 4 place two years in a row. It's tough at the top, as we've found out ourselves. Deal with it.

JYylAvV.png

Back
Top Bottom