Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think your owners will be in too much of a rush to succeed and Howe will get the boot at some point in the next 6-12 months

They won't give a shit what the fans feel about it
Howe's got too much cache with the owners at the minute. He turned a relegation facing team into a CL chasing team without buying Robinho or Jo. He's increased the values of plenty of players from where they were under Benitez or Bruce (Joelinton, Longstaff, Murphy) and brought through young players like Anderson and Miley.

For all we've 'struggled' recently, that can mostly be attributed to unpredictable impact injuries, rather than any particular failing on his part. Maybe he's a bit inexperienced, certainly his lack of rotation/subs in the past few games haven't made a lot of sense to me. Surely we could have played Ritchie against Everton instead of Gordon? Hall instead of Trippier?

But we're still within 7pts of 4th spot, still (currently) in the Champions League, the League Cup and the FA Cup. Much is being made of our recent 'struggles' but I think that's just horseshit. We've won 3 out of the last 6 in the PL including Woolwich, Chelsea and Man Utd, it's just the away form that's proving too much for the depleted squad. But 9pts from Ars, Bou, Che, Eve, MNU and Tot isn't too bad.

If we get dumped out of everything and end up midtable with an unhappy squad then, yeah, sure, the owners might turn on him. If that doesn't improve by this time next season, then yeah his position will probably be in doubt. I just don't think that's likely.

Leicester signed a £16m deal with King Power back in 2010 when they were only in the Championship.

It's not just a deal from one good season though, is it? For example, Adidas wouldn't be getting back in bed with us if they weren't expecting us to keep building. The sponsorship deal considers many, many things. As I said before, we're a PL club with all the benefits that infers, we're in the Champions League and are in the conversation for qualifying for it next season, and we're an oil state backed club whose ambitions are as big as the owners' bank account. This and more will be taken into account when looking at what is a 'fair market value'.

Based off this post I just searched about the Nike deal spurs have. They signed a 15 year extension in 2018. 15 years of pretty much the same shirt every season. Give me adidas any day.

Newsflash ; obscenely paid players have to play 4 matches in a row. Call the UN.

Of course you're being facetious, but aside from Covid time and 1 or two other isolated incidents; even 3 games in 7 days is a myth.

The fact is, the championship play 2 games per week EVERY week........ You'd think these yo-yo clubs would be used to it by now.

Last edited:
Hey man you call me whatever names you need to do from your parents spareroom.

So long as it keeps you from blowing up schools I’m okay with it.

Fill your boots.

One suggestion. I don’t mind you insulting me. You’re a nobody.

But I do mind you mentioning my family. Keep them out of your shit posts.

got it? Good

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Whilst this is hilarious on its own, the effect it has on the Champions League place for fifth in the league isn’t great. With ManU out too, English clubs need to do really well from now on to secure this place.

Quite important for us I’d suggest.

Back
Top Bottom