Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it also exists in your ground, not just the internet.
What's your stance on the minimal effort maximum shitty noise paper clappers?
I notice you can be rather lethargic and still create noise mindlessly smacking them against your thigh whilst chomping a pie.
Do you get a new one on the seat every home game, if so do you recycle the old ones and have they got Kingpower/ Thai promotional ads all over them?

Not a fan of the clackers. They served a purpose, because when we moved to the new stadium the atmosphere could be flat as is often the case when people are working out where to sing, shout etc. But personally I'd like them gone.

I largely agree with this, Mr Vexed. Tbh as I've said before, the so-called "hatred" and "rivalry" only really existed on the internet. It all felt rather forced and manufactured. No Leicester fans I know hated/hate Spurs.

But don't ever pity us. The last 2 seasons have been an incredible ride, so far beyond any expectations that it will keep us warm at night for years.

The Kane stuff is real tho....

What's that all about?

Surely not simply cos he beat Steptoe to the Golden Boot?

Mind you, just seen all the heat for Harry from Everton fans so maybe things are that petty and I've answered my own question...?

The Kane stuff is real tho....

What's that all about?

Surely not simply cos he beat Steptoe to the Golden Boot?

Mind you, just seen all the heat for Harry from Everton fans so maybe things are that petty and I've answered my own question...?

Young English talent, absolute gentlemen, down to earth family man, never in the papers lauding his cars, never goading other fans after he scores, committed to his club, hard working lad that came through the academy to the first team and has scored about 90 goals in three seasons.

Whats not to hate...I mean, he plays for someone else, so lets mock his speech impediment and boo him on the pitch....I mean Leicester fans have every right to despise him....he was on loan there as an 18 year old and didnt score 30 goals in one season.

Everton have a player that has scored less.....so Kane must be scum.

And he shoved the words "one season wonder" down everyone else's throats, so bring on the rage and abuse.

Young English talent, absolute gentlemen, down to earth family man, never in the papers lauding his cars, never goading other fans after he scores, committed to his club, hard working lad that came through the academy to the first team and has scored about 90 goals in three seasons.

Whats not to hate...I mean, he plays for someone else, so lets mock his speech impediment and boo him on the pitch....I mean Leicester fans have every right to despise him....he was on loan there as an 18 year old and didnt score 30 goals in one season.

And he shoved the words "one season wonder" down everyone else's throats, so bring on the rage and abuse.

tumblr_o3o76pAVcV1uhibkoo1_400.gif

I agree with all of this. From a Leicester perspective I think it comes from the fact that a striker is probably more obviously measurable than any other position (ie goals scored); and so besides the run-in last season there was another little battle going on with Kane/Vardy, accentuated by the tweets from both of them (which I thought were great, btw). It's all ridiculous because they clearly know each other well and get on fine. But some football fans are ridiculous (we all are to varying extents) and vicious - I think the speech impediment stuff is horrible, but it's the only thing to pick on. And the personal abuse that Vardy gets, on this forum too, is at least comparable and in many instances worse.

Also because as characters they are so very different; from their routes into top-level football to the images they project; as you say, Kane is clean-living, no whiff of scandal or controversy, clearly a nice guy. Vardy is chavvy, cocky, loves winding up other fans, and is the closest thing to a fan wandering off the terraces onto the pitch having been involved in a street fight or a minor robbery the night before. Which of course gives him adored status amongst his own fans and also with sections of other fans who love to hate him and/or identify with him completely.

The truth is actually that they are both extremely good footballers, and in my view neither of them gets the credit they deserve. Confession time here - up to nowI haven't been totally convinced that Kane is (to quote Fergie) a top, top, top striker - and I've wondered why, given that his numbers are extraordinary. And I think it's because he doesn't sort of look like one, or play like one. He doesn't run as if he's quick like Vardy, but he is; he doesn't look strong like Drogba, but he is; doesn't appear to be great in the air but scores some great headed goals. His shooting is off-beat and unusual, but hugely effective. So I've come to the conclusion that actually it's this somewhat unconventional style that makes him so very dangerous and that whilst he's not world-class (whatever that means) just yet, he has every chance of becoming it. In short, he's a truly fabulous player and you're lucky to have him.

And just a quick plug for my guy - Vardy, besides having that rare gift of having a very obvious talent which should be easy to counter because it is so apparent, but actually is incredibly hard to stop - he's a very good footballer too; for a greedy striker he has great awareness of others and is a great creator as well as a finisher.

Sorry - rambled on, but I find this subject interesting - sorry if I bored anyone. Hopefully this answers Airfixx Airfixx too.

Last edited:
I agree with all of this. From a Leicester perspective I think it comes from the fact that a striker is probably more obviously measurable than any other position (ie goals scored); and so besides the run-in last season there was another little battle going on with Kane/Vardy, accentuated by the tweets from both of them (which I thought were great, btw). It's all ridiculous because they clearly know each other well and get on fine. But some football fans are ridiculous (we all are to varying extents) and vicious - I think the speech impediment stuff is horrible, but it's the only thing to pick on. And the personal abuse that Vardy gets, on this forum too, is at least comparable and in many instances worse.

Also because as characters they are so very different; from their routes into top-level football to the images they project; as you say, Kane is clean-living, no whiff of scandal or controversy, clearly a nice guy. Vardy is chavvy, cocky, loves winding up other fans, and is the closest thing to a fan wandering off the terraces onto the pitch having been involved in a street fight or a minor robbery the night before. Which of course gives him adored status amongst his own fans and also with sections of other fans who love to hate him and/or identify with him completely.

The truth is actually that they are both extremely good footballers, and in my view neither of them gets the credit they deserve. Confession time here - up to nowI haven't been totally convinced that Kane is (to quote Fergie) a top, top, top striker - and I've wondered why, given that his numbers are extraordinary. And I think it's because he doesn't sort of look like one, or play like one. He doesn't run as if he's quick like Vardy, but he is; he doesn't look strong like Drogba, but he is; doesn't appear to be great in the air but scores some great headed goals. His shooting is off-beat and unusual, but hugely effective. So I've come to the conclusion that actually it's this somewhat unconventional style that makes him so very dangerous and that whilst he's not world-class (whatever that means) just yet, he has every chance of becoming it. In short, he's a truly fabulous player and you're lucky to have him.

And just a quick plug for my guy - Vardy, besides having that rare gift of having a very obvious talent which should be easy to counter because it is so apparent, but actually is incredibly hard to stop - he's a very good footballer too; for a greedy striker he has great awareness of others and is a great creator as well as a finisher.

Sorry - rambled on, but I find this subject interesting - sorry if I bored anyone. Hopefully this answers Airfixx Airfixx too.

I played against Vardy in Sunday League and didn't think he was all that. Blistering pace but there were others with more skill at that level. He is the ultimate one-trick pony, that is both a compliment and an insult to the guy. Personally, I don't judge any player on what they do off the field, but if the question was who I want marrying my sister: Kane would be far ahead. If the question is who I want in my team, Kane is light years ahead

Last edited:

:dierpochhug:

The impress thing about Kane is despite being a down to earth 'nice bloke' he's driven enough and ruthless enough to bag himself 20 - 30 goals a season.

I'm a little bit pissed off to be honest.. It's always been a well known fact that West Ham are the thickest fans in the country World.. but that tag is going to have to be handed over to Leicester..

Since when has 4 been more than 17.??:pochwtf:

Thick as Shite.

I could have taken this from any top 5 club apart from Spurs.
The smug ****ers will be basking in the fact they've beaten the champions of England because they came 3rd of of 2 last season
Their Saturday Sabbath supporters can **** off.

A good team and good players but still the bridesmaid, never the bride.
We have more silverware than them. Who cares about last night? Not me

I'm a little bit pissed off to be honest.. It's always been a well known fact that West Ham are the thickest fans in the country World.. but that tag is going to have to be handed over to Leicester..

Since when has 4 been more than 17.??:pochwtf:

Thick as Shite.

I could have taken this from any top 5 club apart from Spurs.
The smug ****ers will be basking in the fact they've beaten the champions of England because they came 3rd of of 2 last season
Their Saturday Sabbath supporters can **** off.

A good team and good players but still the bridesmaid, never the bride.
We have more silverware than them. Who cares about last night? Not me

Your'e right. Its beyond "West Ham won the World Cup" levels.

As thick as shit West Ham are for believing it, at least they had a player or two that did win the world cup....with England not West Ham.

Leicester's fairytale has surpassed the likes of Alice In Wonderland for its LSD inspired scriptures.

Basically they are a massive club, they have won more than Spurs and Liverpool, and Utd is the only club that can put them down, and even thats touch and go, because there isnt much in it historically.
Chelsea are a club they inspire to be like and they are best friends who join forces to destroy Spurs, and Chelsea have won the most silverwear in world football and soon Leicester will join them.

Their fans are psychos regarding us, when we made it 2-0 there was insane noise from their clappers, like their kids lives depended on them winning, desperate

They don't even realise they won't ever get a manager with Ranieri's experience ever again, or is Shakey the messiah eh you thick pricks

This next appointment of theirs is crucial while they still are riding a bit of a wave, could be difference between 12th and relegation next season

Back
Top Bottom