Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But they wouldn't just give it to 2nd place - that would mean a team that cheated would still have had an influence on the title. That wouldn't happen.

In that case they should just give it to us, like I "calculated" earlier :eriksenlol:

Come to think of it, the FA would probably have to give it to Liverpool. It was their year last season after all.

I'd like to recall the dismissal that anyone suggesting Leicester used drugs to win the title last season had to endure.
Personally, I didn't want it to be the case, but couldn't eliminate it as a possibility given what was happening. The individual physicality of certain players before, during, and after last season are particularly concerning.

People starting to warm up to the idea now!

Well, it's solved one question.

On Football Manager, when you take over a team that asks you to "bravely battle relegation", then you go on and win the league.

The next season, the ungrateful fans go apeshit and call for your head if you don't suddenly repeat the miracle - I now know this to be very true, and not a bug.

Last edited:
As funny as all this is - it really is remarkable. To go from Champions, to this, in the space of 6 months is incredible, unprecedented, unbelievable!

I've run out of adjectives now so there's just one thing left to do....
200.gif

Just look how Berahino's drugs ban was kept hidden and Wilshere's troubles.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the Premier League and F.A. would want to cover up one of the biggest ''cinderella stories'' in sporting history to avoid embarrassment.

Not exactly beacons of integrity.

I mean, Wes Morgan was in the top 10 fastest players in the Prem last year. At 32. At CB.

200.gif

Of course they have that title, and nothing can take that away from them (well...), but watching this slow motion car crash is unbelievably cathartic.

We had to watch through our fingers as they scraped 1-0 wins and their opponents decided to not bother, week after week, until our end of the season meltdown.

Now they get to watch their team lose every week, waiting to get curbstomped by Sevilla, having tried to bring in new players to 'push the club on' who are horribly equipped for the looming relegation battle.
And they can't even sack their manager.

Haven't scored a Premier League goal in 2017.

giphy.gif

Just look how Berahino's drugs ban was kept hidden and Wilshere's troubles.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the Premier League and F.A. would want to cover up one of the biggest ''cinderella stories'' in sporting history to avoid embarrassment.

Not exactly beacons of integrity.

I mean, Wes Morgan was in the top 10 fastest players in the Prem last year. At 32. At CB.

200.gif

I read that the tabloids reckon the FA/Premier League have kept up to 11 more social drugs bans private.

Unfortunately, we've had some odd "injured" players at times

It'd be far more damaging to the FA and all of English football in general if anything was found out about Leicester or any club. Absolute no-brainer to cover everything up.
And very difficult to prove anyway. Even if one disgruntled employee mouthed off to the papers.

Back
Top Bottom