Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You, I don't mind so much, you were respectful.

Yea, you're playing well in Europe. Balancing Europe for the first time seems to be tough though.

I just remember that this is a Spurs forum, that's all. Always amazes me when people go on other fans forums and take offence at what's been written about their club. What the fuck do they expect to see?

But yes, our new circumstances are taking some getting used to, although the general feeling is one of enjoy it while we can.

What is the expectation this season? Looking to go one better? (I say "one", because despite the horror show on the final day you were our only real challengers, and should have finished second).

Slightly sinister, the greyed-out name with a line through it. Hints that something dark happened.
We murder our own here

Blood in, blood out
hqdefault.jpg

Hi Bluedog How are you doing? I just got out of jail. (And yes, I did the crime). Your boys looking a bit shaky in the league I see.

Hi Joe - glad to see rumours of your demise were exaggerated.

Good ta - had a great summer, just back from 2 weeks in Amsterdam visiting son and daughter-in-law, which was great. Managed to get to both CL games, which is much more fun than watching us play anyone decent in the PL at the moment. I expect us to settle down though. We're only 1 point behind where we were this time last season; though that can never be repeated.

You must be happy with the start though? Just going about the business, away from all the Klopp/Pep/Jose shit. And Son looks like he might have an immense season.

Very happy with the start. Yes, you're going well in the CL - sounds like you had an enjoyable trip. Wembley was amazing, shame about the result, but we had a good result in Moscow. We've sold out for Leverkusen as well, so that should be a cracker.

Cheers.

I like Bluedog. He puts the other Leicester fans that have come on here to shame.
It's a pretty hostile environment for other fans, in fairness. It's a pretty hostile one for Spurs fans! But as I said to Schmood, it always amazes me when someone goes into another forum and starts shouting the odds. It's like bursting into a private party and insisting that the Dj plays your music and taking offence when they don't.
I guess we have our arsehole fans as does everyone; the Leicester fans I have most difficulty with are those who don't appreciate Mahrez because he doesn't tackle like Stuart Pearce; I'd pay full ticket price just to see him do ONE special thing per game. Players like him make the game wonderful.

It's a pretty hostile environment for other fans, in fairness. It's a pretty hostile one for Spurs fans! But as I said to Schmood, it always amazes me when someone goes into another forum and starts shouting the odds. It's like bursting into a private party and insisting that the Dj plays your music and taking offence when they don't.
I guess we have our arsehole fans as does everyone; the Leicester fans I have most difficulty with are those who don't appreciate Mahrez because he doesn't tackle like Stuart Pearce; I'd pay full ticket price just to see him do ONE special thing per game. Players like him make the game wonderful.

I feel the same way about Eriksen. He's not really been on it recently, but when he is he's so good to watch.

I feel the same way about Eriksen. He's not really been on it recently, but when he is he's so good to watch.

Messi being an obvious exception, those sort of flair players will drop in and out of form a bit. It's ridiculous to expect them to produce magic to order. My first football hero was Frank Worthington (because I'm really fucking old) - and often thought his modern day equivalent was Berbatov. Just great players who could produce moments you always remember, because they do things nobody else can.

Bluedog not trolling or looking for a rise - simply genuinely interested

Here & other places there's talk of performance enhancers / amphetamines whatever last season etc etc I'm sure you've seen

What's the feeling from your lot on that subject? You talk about it? Sour grapes from us & other fans?

Back
Top Bottom