Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

I hope he's recovered sufficiently to play tonight.

You honestly think a very young child (on that's upset too!) has any concept of what it means to consent to being filmed????

There's 2 adult parties involved in that video that should fundamentally be the considerate ones:

First and foremost: The accompanying parent(s).
Secondly: The click-hungry interviewer/camera person.

Once that video is uploaded one can only assume that it'll inevitably be clipped and meme'd by any manner of 3rd parties.

Do I feel guilty for laughing at it? .....No (I'm not gonna add to that kid's plight in any way and would react differently if I witnessed it in person).

Would I let my (hypothetical) child be put in that position in the first place? .....Hell fucking no!
One million times this. All the salient points. Oh and its months old.

Online mockery of individual, identifiable children is a no-go area for me. Anyone who does it, or supports it is a cunt. Anyone who justifies it by saying "But they support....xxx" is a myopic cunt.
Can you identify the kid?

Is he currently suffering at the hands of people on this forum laughing at him?

It doesn't have to be 'justifiable,' that's just you imposing your own brand of censorship, simply because you don't agree with it.

Do you go around berating people who laugh or smile when a kid has a Prattfall?

Have you never laughed at a kid when they've made an absolute arse of themselves? Have you never had a laugh, with other adults, when talking about it?

If your answer to the above is yes, then I'll come straight out and call you a liar, because EVERYONE has done that at some stage of their adult life.

All you're doing here is virtue signalling.

Had someone found him on social media and given him grief for the video then you'd have a point, but they haven't, so you don't.

Get off the soapbox FFS.

Back
Top Bottom