Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely. We're better than that.
Anyone who uses images of real upset children to get a laugh is a total cunt. Anyone who laughs at them is also a cunt - or a child too.

:balesnarl:

That kids not upset, that kids performing. He's been brought up be people whose sense of entitlement is so profound they have not taught him how to lose. They have not taught the child that winning is NOT the only thing that matters. If you want a total cunt look to the parents who have neglected his education and then mid performative meltdown allowed him to filmed by strangers.

Postscript:
The first Spurs game I attended as a kid Spurs got battered. Guess what I was still hooked. Because my uncle did not lie to me, he prepared and educated about what a contest was, how the glory in who we are is in not only how we experienced joy but in the way we face despair.

He taught me that losing made winning worth while, thanks George. God bless you. That kid will probably choose to stay home watching Ryan Kayji next time, and it will be his loss.

Last edited:

That kiss not upset that kids performing. He's been brought up be people whose sense of entitlement is so profound they have not taught him how to lose. They have not taught the child that winning is NOT the only thing that matters. If you want a total cunt look to the parents who have neglected his education and then mid performative meltdown allowed him to filmed by strangers.
That doesn't make it alright.

That kids not upset, that kids performing. He's been brought up be people whose sense of entitlement is so profound they have not taught him how to lose. They have not taught the child that winning is NOT the only thing that matters. If you want a total cunt look to the parents who have neglected his education and then mid performative meltdown allowed him to filmed by strangers.

Postscript:
The first Spurs game I attended as a kid Spurs got battered. Guess what I was still hooked. Because my uncle did not lie to me, he prepared and educated about what a contest was, how the glory in who we are is in not only how we experienced joy but in the way we face despair.

He taught me that losing made winning worth while, thanks George. God bless you. That kid will probably choose to stay home watching Ryan Kayji next time, and it will be his loss.
Well said

Do you think he'll put in a limp performance?......🤔

Loop Drumming GIF

Right and wrong don't come into it. The wrong is only relevant in the poor parenting evidenced by his wards. I'm amazed your falling for the fake 'be kind' narrative. Building a lack of resilience in children over trivial things isn't doing them favours. I see this loads with the kids I teach, it's a mistake that is fortunately starting to be call out.
As far as I remember, this is the first time I've disagreed with you. And I do - strongly. Kids are highly vulnerable and deserve protection - sometimes from their parents. As a teacher, I'm surprised you don't acknowledge that. There is a difference between building resilience and online bullying. Your technique seems to be "Let him get beaten up - he'll be stronger for it". No he won't - he'll just be beaten up.

As far as I remember, this is the first time I've disagreed with you. And I do - strongly. Kids are highly vulnerable and deserve protection - sometimes from their parents. As a teacher, I'm surprised you don't acknowledge that. There is a difference between building resilience and online bullying. Your technique seems to be "Let him get beaten up - he'll be stronger for it". No he won't - he'll just be beaten up.
No, your characterisation of what I belive is in correct and pretty facile. Firstly that child is not experiencing actual bullying on this forum. Even if people you don't like are using a smiley emoji( I don't like him either ) but we need to stop conflating real online bullying and trauma with this. You seem prepared to insist that harm is being done with little or no evidence to support this and if your honest I think your motivated by animus.

My attitude to any one child or adult is based in the reality of the experience. This kid is not here, he is being filmed with his ward in an old clip reposted many times, and I'm sure many of the parents on this forum will have seen this behaviour before, as Shakespeare so aptly put it all sound and fury signifying nothing. He does not seem deeply traumatised . We will have to agree to disagree.

Getting beaten up always hurts more the first time. One develops a higher pain threshold for future beatings of the upward nature

He was also filmed by a fellow woolwich supporter.

If you are looking for a cunt (as usual) you just need to look in their fanbase.

Nobody in here is going to find the kids socials to post laughing emojis. We are laughing at gooners crying on a Spurs forum
Exactly. But Rich it's not helping kids by pretending this is some how embedding trauma. I genuinely think people prepared to include this performative sounding off, in some kind of critique of online bullying are not being the allies they pretend to be. News flash losing is good for you, learning to cope with disappointment is VITAL for your future mental health. I lose it just like this kid then I laugh at my own behaviour, ( copyright post Fulham)and I'm so grateful to the people taught me too at the age this kid is to stand back and giggle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom