Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where's that fucking dog?!

XkeJc90.jpeg
Fair play , that's brilliant

I am actually quite taken back by Arteta using the failed Rice and Havertz in the middle together system. Neither are good passers which means Arse become predictable.

Arse had been using Jorginho, Rice and Odegaard with Havertz up top to great affect like at Brighton. The other issue with Havertz and Rice in the middle is you end up playing Jesus who is someone in my view is at best mediocre.

To me it appears Arteta has hurt his own team. He is clearly a good manager but he seems to have these weird special moments of madness. I can’t understand his reasons for Havertz/Rice middle, it would be like us playing Skipp and Hojbjerg together, no creativity in the passing from the middle of the pitch.

Last edited:
I am actually quite taken back by Arteta using the failed Rice and Havertz in the middle together system. Neither are good passers which means Arse become predictable.

Arse had been using Jorginho, Rice and Odegaard with Havertz up top to great affect like at Brighton. The other issue with Havertz and Rice in the middle is you end up playing Jesus who is someone in my view is at best mediocre.

To me it appears Arteta has hurt his own team. He is clearly a good manager but he seems to have these weird special moments of madness. I can’t understand his reasons for Havertz/Rice middle, it would be like us playing Skipp and Hojbjerg together, no creativity in the passing from the middle of the pitch.
You're joking, right?

Are you pulling my lego, man?

Wow, gooners threw the towel already on the league.
They're piling on Arteta the 'Spanish Brendan Rodgers, egomaniac arrogant mini-Pep' calling him the out favouritism, dumb transfers and all sorts of things.
I'm not saying we will but if we can turn up for one bloody game this season let it be the next one and it feels like with a bit of luck we could even end the Arteta project altogether.

I think what you’ve landed on is Lego head is a bit of an extremist. I think he believes entirely in the success of the team being down to his setup, his tactics and his game plan.

That’s why he does things like Rice-Havertz. Has to make a brilliant stroke of genius. Signing Havertz himself is testament to this ego driven approach. He can’t just leave a team that’s going well he has to be at the centre of it.

Pep is like this, but he’s one of the best managers of all time with usually the best players at the time (and he still sometimes gets criticised for over-thinking).

Not sure where Big Ange is maybe too far the other way and trusts in the players too much.

Either way, Lego head gonna Lego head, and fall short again.

Overthinking, you know where he got that from.

Back
Top Bottom