Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh Claude you missed a great comeback there consumed with rage.
"Are you more committed than me, are you more committed than me?"
"Well you got the club branded hat, earphones, water bottle, top, jacket, scarf, lunch box, pants vest and socks. So, I suppose I ain't "
No mate, it should have been "No one here should have the chance to be committed more than you."

Finger lickin' good

VHwcTFS.gif

Oh fuck me sideways. A fabulous bit of toilet viewing. The missus thinks I have finally gone round the bend as I'm sat here giggling away. Melting taken to the next level.

Losers
Woolwich’s away record
Woolwich’s away record against the strongest sides in the Premier League over the last five years should be of deep embarrassment to Arsene Wenger, no matter how much he attempts to spread the blame for defeat to officials, scheduling and injuries.

Using a rough estimation of the strongest teams over that five-year period gives us seven opponents to examine: Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Southampton. Woolwich’s away league record since 2011 against that septuplet is:

Played 33, Won 5, Drew 11, Lost 17. They have taken 0.79 points per game.

So when we said Wednesday’s defeat was two steps back after two forward, that’s what we meant. It was so predictable that setback at Everton would be followed by setback at Manchester City, because we’ve seen it so many times from Arsene Wenger’s side before. Woolwich are the only elite club who can be criticised in anticipation rather than hindsight.

Beating Stoke, Swansea, Burnley and Bournemouth cannot be sniffed at, but these are not the contests in which we learn anything new about Woolwich. These are not the matches in which we discover whether they have actually changed, or just placed another pretty tablecloth over the pile of mess. That tablecloth was pulled away by an under-strength, out-of-form Manchester City team.

So, look forward to Woolwich winning their next six league games against West Brom, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Swansea, Burnley and Watford, to provoke talk of magnificent response from Wenger and a squad that is ready to challenge and has displayed its teeth. That will be followed by defeat Stamford Bridge in February. Will it be own goal, red card or conceded penalty this year? Or an inglorious combination of all three?

That is why Woolwich are so damn frustrating, why they can make a non-supporter angry on their behalf at 7.15am on a Monday morning. The better the squad gets, the more you believe. The more you believe, the more they let you down and the further the fall.

Mesut Ozil
Matt Stead wrote in 16 Conclusions about how close to the ‘the man just don’t give a f*ck’ end of laissez-faire Ozil has come in crucial moments in each of his last two matches. The ‘big game bottler’ accusation is at best reductive and at worst absolute nonsense, but that doesn’t excuse that lack of effort. Nor too does all the magical skill in the world.

It’s also what makes Ozil’s contract negotiations easier for Woolwich than Alexis Sanchez’s. While the latter’s skill set is virtually irreplaceable and his attitude close to unique, that is not quite the case with Ozil. Jurgen Klopp is just one Premier League manager who would sacrifice some of the creativity for more application and desire.

In years gone by, Ozil’s casual approach to pressing and set-piece marking would have been easily forgotten. Away from the live television cameras, only his greatest hits would be played on repeat to an adoring audience. Now attacking players are not afforded that luxury. There is plenty of guff written about the strength of the Premier League, but it is an environment in which intensity and hard work are obligatory, not optional.

If there is a danger of stifling Ozil’s creativity by making him muck in, Wenger must find a solution to the problem that doesn’t involve his playmaker standing in central midfield while the opposition pass around him. If Ozil’s excuse is that he’s half-knackered after starting 56 matches in the last year and carrying Woolwich’s attack for long periods, that’s another issue to solve.

Why have I never seen this, the cunt is a wannabe non-celebrity....

Who films themselves during a match?

Why Mr DT TV does. He's no longer Deejay DT, that failed. He has reinvented himself as MrDT. On TV. Well a phone camera edited on a lap top.
Social media: the rise of the anti social

Why Mr DT TV does. He's no longer Deejay DT, that failed. He has reinvented himself as MrDT. On TV. Well a phone camera edited on a lap top.
Social media: the rise of the anti social

He's also started a new twitter account @MrDT2016, I'm no longer blocked so we can go and give him more shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom