Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could pin their failure on a number of clutch occasions:

- Dropping points at the Emirate in the NLD.
- Pussying out at The Etihad.
- 2 losses to Emre.
- Not rotating cos they thought they could win the CL too.

......Or you can just lol at the fact that it was Fulham instead.
Unfortunately for gooners, doing that would require accountability.

So they’ll blame Son instead.

I actually think Arse played much better football last season, even we played better ball than them in defeat.

They are much more machine like this season, they are a sort of modern version of ‘1 nil to the Woolwich’, compact in defence, heavy use of set pieces and counters. Obvious there was a period they let loose a bit when playing weaker sides but they seem to be moving much more towards pragmatic football and away from trying to copy Pep or Klopp full on attacking.

I actually think Arse played much better football last season, even we played better ball than them in defeat.

They are much more machine like this season, they are a sort of modern version of ‘1 nil to the Woolwich’, compact in defence, heavy use of set pieces and counters. Obvious there was a period they let loose a bit when playing weaker sides but they seem to be moving much more towards pragmatic football and away from trying to copy Pep or Klopp full on attacking.
Because he worked under Pep, the press have settled on this conclusion that he's a purist in the same way. When as you say, he isn't. In Arteta's first few years there, his teams in the "big games" had far more in common with Mourinho than with Pep/Klopp. Their positive results in the those types of games pretty much exclusively correlated with lower posession. So this pragmatism is part of who he is. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I almost mean it as a complement. But it's certainly something that people want to shy away from because they have an obsession with appointing him as Pep's successor.

D2-F7-D3-A7-AFDF-4-EF1-A646-D06599966254.gif

The best part is seeing them use the same excuses they used to make fun of us for.
Yep so true, the wankers haven't won a league title for 20 YEARS! And yet they have the audacity to take the piss out of our club.

Yeah they've won an FA Cup 4 years ago, but Wigan Athletic and Portsmouth also won an FA Cup and look where they are. Pricks.

I heard a podcast describe them as "a better version of Everton"

After spending the guts of what 700 mil i cant see him being handed much money again to fail. City all out to go 5 in a row for peps last season. I can actually see woolwich drop off and with the like of madrid sniffing around their centre halves they could be in trouble

PGMOL has had their fist on the scales for Woolwich.

They're a decent side nowadays but if you cut out the blatant favoritism I don't think they're even in the title race.

Uh oh ....This one's too smart. Needs to kill a few more brain cells and get on the Arteta deserves another 100 years train. Blobby utterly overlooking the fact that they should have gone for the win, they have never beaten city and Arteta is the reason.

This season at home was the first time in the league since 2015

Back
Top Bottom