Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, I think that's just about the worst appointment they could have gone for given the names they have been linked to. I was in two minds over Arteta, whilst he's an unknown in managerial terms (the bit I liked because of the gamble it would have been) I couldn't escape the fact that both Poch and Pepp (two of the best Managers in the World) think he is great and is ready to manage (this was the scary bit).

But this fella couldn't have fucked up more at PSG, his measure at that club should be only based on CL, the League the will walk every year, and he failed miserably. I think they will improve a tad on last year with the bounce of being a new manager, there is a basic structure in place but this has all the ingredients to get tasty after just a couple of dodgy games.

Should we be completely at ease with this .... done very well with Seville

juande_ramos_1247400c.jpg

Should we be completely at ease with this .... done very well with Seville
He's a good manager. Good at Valencia, very good at Sevilla, shite at PSG.

Think of it this way, he's the 6th best out of the managers currently managing the so called top 6 clubs. He's not the manager to make them better and bring them back. At best he will be worth a handful more points than Wenger, but that's not enough to bring them back, they are 12 points off a top four place.

He's a good manager. Good at Valencia, very good at Sevilla, shite at PSG.

Think of it this way, he's the 6th best out of the managers currently managing the so called top 6 clubs. He's not the manager to make them better and bring them back. At best he will be worth a handful more points than Wenger, but that's not enough to bring them back, they are 12 points off a top four place.
Well Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 thats a very analytical approach to his potential performance.

You seem to have it all worked out.

That'll do me ta

Well, I think that's just about the worst appointment they could have gone for given the names they have been linked to. I was in two minds over Arteta, whilst he's an unknown in managerial terms (the bit I liked because of the gamble it would have been) I couldn't escape the fact that both Poch and Pepp (two of the best Managers in the World) think he is great and is ready to manage (this was the scary bit).
Yeah, Arteta appears to be a thinker and understands the game. I reckon he would have been average but come (really) good in season two or three. Not worriedly by this appointment, unless he gets £150m+ he’s achieving top 6 again I reckon. That Robbie bloke at AFTV is onto a winner!

Back
Top Bottom