Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just been reading RAWK ffs almost convinced me of a conspiracy against them 4 sending offs this season more than the previous 6 years apparently?
They play the victim well and conveniently forget about what has happened to others.
Its called selective memory recall disorder!

shut up Neville you absolute kiss are weasel. Geezer said "oh no" when we were on the attack. He watched the replay of Udogie clearly getting the ball and receiving a yellow yet literally stayed silent.
He is partly to blame for this, he was stirring it up and undermining the ref all game, trying to claim that Jones wasn't out to do Bissouma and as an ex pro he knows the difference and other nonsensical statements.
If that Jones tackle was on a Liverpool player at Anfield it would have been called reckless and the correct decision by the commentary team.
They were stirring it up all match.

Let's be real here the only thing they got wrong was the offside and this whole thing has been blown totally out of proportion and that's because it's Liverpool.

How many games have we had marginal offside calls where we haven't seen the lines?

They are treading a dangerous path with this and I agree with the posters above who have nailed it, this is to pressure officials into giving them favourable decisions moving forwards.

I'd also love to know why there these anti semitic remarks by their scum fan base aren't front page news.

They are so protected as a club we can't even enjoy our win

We had a goal wrongly disallowed by var for offside on the champions league last year. Did we get this huge carry on? Professional victims at it again. They are honestly so embarassing. We had a couple of Liverpool fans in front of us in the south stand. Made sure to jump all over them when we scored!

He is partly to blame for this, he was stirring it up and undermining the ref all game, trying to claim that Jones wasn't out to do Bissouma and as an ex pro he knows the difference and other nonsensical statements.
If that Jones tackle was on a Liverpool player at Anfield it would have been called reckless and the correct decision by the commentary team.
They were stirring it up all match.

Let's be real here the only thing they got wrong was the offside and this whole thing has been blown totally out of proportion and that's because it's Liverpool.

How many games have we had marginal offside calls where we haven't seen the lines?

They are treading a dangerous path with this and I agree with the posters above who have nailed it, this is to pressure officials into giving them favourable decisions moving forwards.

I'd also love to know why there these anti semitic remarks by their scum fan base aren't front page news.

They are so protected as a club we can't even enjoy our win
Our fault for winning isn't it? How dare we? :levywtf:

I think (and hope) that this will actually all backfire on them..

Every man and his dog knows they are doing this to get favourable decisions when the next incident happens.. But, the VAR team will have to be seen to do exactly the right thing, so any 49/51 decision that may have gone dippers way, could actually go against them as per the letter of the law.

Can only hope really.
It occurs to me that another motive might be more immediate, namely getting Curtis Jones' red card overturned in a misguided act of sympathy.

The more they keep this in the media and not accept the result , the more of this we will see.

F7XdVgbXMAANkz9
Brad Pitt Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

So watching ref watch on Sky Sports

Why do they have Stephen Warnock ex Liverpool commenting on the weekends decisions?

What was that about sporting integrity again?

Or is it really just about which clubs have the most vocal fans and most biased pundits in place?

Don't answer me we all know

So watching ref watch on Sky Sports

Why do they have Stephen Warnock ex Liverpool commenting on the weekends decisions?

What was that about sporting integrity again?

Or is it really just about which clubs have the most vocal fans and most biased pundits in place?

Don't answer me we all know
His arguments were pathetically typical Scouse.

'Howard Webb replayed a game in the States'

'Liverpool should have been allowed to score by Spurs for sporting integrity'

Lol

I will say, I reckon we'll see a challenge system come in before long.

If Klopp was able to challenge the decision then it would have been resolved I suppose.

However, it'll add to the length of games and there'd be issues regardless (for example, if Klopp had already used his challenge for the match so then couldn't challenge this one).

Additionally, it comes with its own issues - what can be challenged? Most decisions in football are subjective so how can you challenge those?

Actually, sounds like even more hard work. Dunno why I'm entertaining it.

Fuck 'em! Ban VAR (would still have been offside!)

:ange-lol:

Don't know if anyone else remembers this, but immediately after the disaster they tried blaming it on Chelsea fans.
It was actually West ham and Chelsea supporters they blamed.
When asked about the incident, a high up director,maybe even their chairman said
It was national front supporters of West ham and Chelsea that were to blame,not supporters of Liverpool FC.
As far as i am aware,they have never appolagised forthat disgraceful remark

When asked about the incident, a high up director,maybe even their chairman said
It was national front supporters of West ham and Chelsea that were to blame,not supporters of Liverpool FC.
Always offended, never ashamed...

Should translate that into Latin and have it on their club badge.

The blame was initiated by John Smith, the Liverpool chairman. His words were along the lines of 'there were southern accents heard in the crowd' and I think he specifically put the blame at Chelsea fans. Absurd.

No social media at the time of course, so a chairman's words in the national press carried significant weight - newspapers were the main source of information, albeit usually 24 hours after the event.

Back
Top Bottom