Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look over there FFS why can people never accept that you don't have to take an either or stance on things like this, 2 things can be true - it's the weakest way to deflect an argument when you start using whataboutism to defend your position.

Was thinking the same, immediate whataboutery defense.

Drag Race Lol GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Why have laws at all is what he is insinuating. He is incredibly thick though so I doubt he understands the words that come out of his mouth.
Surprised at kompany, maybe just defence of the club he played for ? ...hes one of those footballers you could hardly accuse of being thick ...
He Has a degree in buisness administration among other qualifications.. tbh im.surprised hes gone into football management at all .

Last edited:
Surprised at kompany, maybe just defence of the club he played for ? ...hes one of those footballers you could hardly accuse of being thick ...
He Has a degree in buisness administration among other qualifications.. tbh im.surprised hes gone into football management at all .
Yeah, he's a city legend. He feels compelled to defend them but he knows he's got nothing.

Like when Michail Antonio tried to defend Zouma with some bullshit about race.

Ear marked to take over from Pep?

In our lifetimes these filthy clubs will always have their money. So it can only be the court of public opinion that will affect them. No amount of Sports washing will cover the extreme ridicule we all should be directing their way.

No away fan, who cares, should ever set foot in their club. When they rock up at our place the protests should be Super League levels of disrespect.

And the media shills need to be held to account too. Fucking Sky, for example, they cannot get through a game these days without some “good” cause being part of their Behavioural science. Yet funnily don’t object about these doping clubs. Money taking there.
We've got more ridicule and abuse than any of these cheating sportswashing cluns. Sums up the media wankers

He's won the 3rd most trophies in managerial history and will be far ahead in first place on that list when he retires.

And Klopp hasn't bettered him ... he's one a single league title against Guardiola. One. Uno.

Nobody in the grand scheme of things gives a fuck that Pep has a bit of a blind spot against us .. it means absolutely nothing when they're romping home to league titles almost every season.
And now we know why they were

Is there a chance that the off-the-books salaries paid to managers and players could lead to sanctions against them personally? If so, Kompany's decision to speak out might stem from a sense of self-preservation.

Is there a chance that the off-the-books salaries paid to managers and players could lead to sanctions against them personally? If so, Kompany's decision to speak out might stem from a sense of self-preservation.

Roughly translates as "please don't take my titles away!"......

Keep reading bout rule breaking. Oh for the good old day, when we would call it CHEATING. cunts cheated and got caught and if they get caught for paying secretly, I hope they get double fucked.

Well yeah, I guess the question is how highly rated are we talking here?

Pep's career isn't over (and I suppose Jose's isn't either) but in the fullness of their accomplishments to date Jose > Pep

But I'd argue Fergie's #1 of the modern era and Jose's #2.

But if the question is who is the greatest manager in the world at this very moment in time? Pep has a pretty strong argument there, and an even stronger argument a few years ago.
Honestly, I kind of feel like Fergie's retirement marked the end of an era. Fergie's style was so markedly different compared to the league today that I can't really consider it the same league anymore. He won his last title with a squad of geriatrics playing 4-4-2, in a league environment where people "everybody knows that high defensive lines will never work in the Premier League".

Mourinho straddles generations IMO, but in his management style I think he's firmly of Fergie's generation of football, and his reputation has continued to decline the further we've moved away from that last generation.

Pep is FIRMLY in the current generation of football, and he has played a leading role in defining the current generation of football.

I’m not. He has the perfect background to excel at it.

Honestly, I kind of feel like Fergie's retirement marked the end of an era. Fergie's style was so markedly different compared to the league today that I can't really consider it the same league anymore. He won his last title with a squad of geriatrics playing 4-4-2, in a league environment where people "everybody knows that high defensive lines will never work in the Premier League".

Mourinho straddles generations IMO, but in his management style I think he's firmly of Fergie's generation of football, and his reputation has continued to decline the further we've moved away from that last generation.

Pep is FIRMLY in the current generation of football, and he has played a leading role in defining the current generation of football.
My pop history of it is that Fergie and Wenger's gung-ho attacking was defeated by Mourinho's cynical, cagey counterattacking, which was defeated by Pep's tiki-taka, which was defeated by Klopp's press systemball, with Pep having partially synthesized that philosophy with his own, and like an iPhone each of these iterations is a little less different than the previous one.

And my hot take is that the next tactical turn is going to center in some fashion on the 5-subs rule, which is the biggest change to game board managers are playing on in a generation and clearly hasn't been utilized to its full tactical potential, IMO.

Keep reading bout rule breaking. Oh for the good old day, when we would call it CHEATING. cunts cheated and got caught and if they get caught for paying secretly, I hope they get double fucked.
There's genuinely a weird phenomenon the last few years of weird phrasing on evil shit. Like calling what prince Andew did, "sex with under-age women", not "statutory rape" or "child abuse", or "paedophilia".

Everything has to be described with a passive, soft voice.

Like "grooming gangs", no motherfucker, those are "paedo gangs".

My pop history of it is that Fergie and Wenger's gung-ho attacking was defeated by Mourinho's cynical, cagey counterattacking, which was defeated by Pep's tiki-taka, which was defeated by Klopp's press systemball, with Pep having partially synthesized that philosophy with his own, and like an iPhone each of these iterations is a little less different than the previous one.

And my hot take is that the next tactical turn is going to center in some fashion on the 5-subs rule, which is the biggest change to game board managers are playing on in a generation and clearly hasn't been utilized to its full tactical potential, IMO.
Four four fucking two

Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

Back
Top Bottom