Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just can't get my head around fans these days who can't separate ownership from "the Club", they aren't the Club, they are the custodians. Some are good, most are bad, some are bent and others are inept but they all have one thing in common, the Club was around before them and most of the time the Club will be around after they've gone.
I think, in this instance, it's that the club was pretty shit before Abu Dhabi and the club will undoubtedly be pretty shit after Abu Dhabi. Added to that, the majority of current support doesn't even predate Abu Dhabi. They defend ownership, because it's ownership and their money they have been supporting and not the club whose previous identity was "Oi, United's not even in Manchester!"

A client of mine at a previous company was a long time City fan. Supported them for over 50 years. I asked him what he felt about the ownership, he was uncomfortable with where the money came from, but after so many years of crap and having to watch Utd win everything he was just willing to enjoy the ride.

He did say that he didn’t think it would last forever and that the PL or uefa would do something in the end about how City was being run. Looks like that could be coming true.

All this hype for the inevitable 5 point deduction & 20 million fine is going to be incredible.
It’s weird, on one hand it’s hard to see the prem relegating city but at the same time they’ll just look fucking stupid for going through all that just to slap them on the wrist.

It’s weird, on one hand it’s hard to see the prem relegating city but at the same time they’ll just look fucking stupid for going through all that just to slap them on the wrist.

I think there's genuine intention here to hit them hard but I can see them just getting bogged down in City's endless army of lawyers & CAS intervening to make sure City end up with some crappy fine.

I hope I'm wrong. Would be fucking brilliant for us if I am. But I just have zero faith in football's governing bodies to enforce their laws.

I think there's genuine intention here to hit them hard but I can see them just getting bogged down in City's endless army of lawyers & CAS intervening to make sure City end up with some crappy fine.

I hope I'm wrong. Would be fucking brilliant for us if I am. But I just have zero faith in football's governing bodies to enforce their laws.

CAS can’t intervene and the U.K. courts can only intervene or be brought into it apparently if the hearing is considered to be unfair ie City can’t present a defence.

In short it appears to be a decision for the premier league to make. Doesn’t mean they will go hard but it’s in their hands.

CAS can’t intervene and the U.K. courts can only intervene or be brought into it apparently if the hearing is considered to be unfair ie City can’t present a defence.

In short it appears to be a decision for the premier league to make. Doesn’t mean they will go hard but it’s in their hands.

Will be interesting to see what defence they put up. They appear confident on the surface but it may well be a bluff.

Why am I suddenly filled with the overwhelming urge to slap the shit out of big-headed bald people.

Why am I suddenly filled with the overwhelming urge to slap the shit out of big-headed bald people.

FFS why can people never accept that you don't have to take an either or stance on things like this, 2 things can be true - it's the weakest way to deflect an argument when you start using whataboutism to defend your position.

It's getting exponentially all the more irritating the amount of these cunts coming out of the woodwork acting oblivious to the fact that this isn't about finger pointing or moralising; it's simply about rule breaking.

They wanna weave conspiracies about cartels, racism and such crap, but that's completely in denial of the simple fact that 1) it's not a domestic-sparked thing as they've already fallen foul of Uefa and 2) it's not personal as the chavs has been punished and sanctioned previously also..... Not to mention many teams in the leagues below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom