Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know, Minus 30 a season for 7 seasons could see 7 consecutive relgations. I mean, even with all the money in the world no seriously ambitious footballer is going to want to join a club starting in a relegation scrap for every single season they stay.
As satisfying as it would be to see them drop through the leagues, any EPL sanction could only apply to the EPL, surely? The EPL couldn't (to use your example) impose a 30-point penalty in The Championship, or League One, etc.

Or could they?

As satisfying as it would be to see them drop through the leagues, any EPL sanction could only apply to the EPL, surely? The EPL couldn't (to use your example) impose a 30-point penalty in The Championship, or League One, etc.

Or could they?
Good point. Maybe it should be 7 years worth of 30 point deductions which aren't time limited, so whenever they get promoted from the Championship the next 30 points comes off and they end up going down again. They'd be consigned to being a yo-yo club.

I know this won't happen, but it's a nice feeling.

have a look at this thread

do you think they have actually forgotten that their entire existence is solely down to sports washing?

"I've had enough of this" "Why is it always us" an excellent point in case "the ref only blew against us" yet failed to mention jack cock pulling Kane back for a blantant yellow.

OK, we do call some fans deluded but honestly, if this is a representation of their fan base, the chavs actually ain't that bad lol

Or could they?
the premier league isn't the fa but, it's part of the same pyramid, as it is in scottish football. in that respect, rangers were kicked out of the entire pyramid and told to start from scratch.

the premier league isn't the fa but, it's part of the same pyramid, as it is in scottish football. in that respect, rangers were kicked out of the entire pyramid and told to start from scratch.
Rangers were forced out of the entire Scottish pyramid because they went into administration as the result of a case brought against them by HMRC.

have a look at this thread

do you think they have actually forgotten that their entire existence is solely down to sports washing?

"I've had enough of this" "Why is it always us" an excellent point in case "the ref only blew against us" yet failed to mention jack cock pulling Kane back for a blantant yellow.

OK, we do call some fans deluded but honestly, if this is a representation of their fan base, the chavs actually ain't that bad lol
It's all

It's a racist conspiracy
Our lawyers will win
We had to cheat to beat the cartel.
I am so tired of this

Very little self examination. Horrible fan base.

Truly toe-curlingly embarrassing levels from this lot.

The regime is not the Club, just take a step back and take the fake kaffiyeh off your heads, support your football club and castigate your owners. It's not hard to do for fuck sake.

I think it's safe to say they have the worst fanbase at this point. Even before the money it was filled with a bunch of scally's.

They always sing about hillsborough and munich as well. They even made a fucking sing a long of munich chants even though one of their own players died in the crash.

Edit: Just for ease, the procedure is: Independent Commission>>>>> Appeal Board>>>>> Arbitration if specific grounds are met>>>>>High Court if s68 Arbitration Act applies.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say they have the worst fanbase at this point. Even before the money it was filled with a bunch of scally's.

They always sing about hillsborough and munich as well. They even made a fucking sing a long of munich chants even though one of their own players died in the crash.
I think their old support is sound, regularly 30k whilst in League 1 etc... Maine Road (never went personally) was supposed to be a great place atmosphere-wise.

But this new lot is passionless. I've NEVER heard their fans out WHL and now TH Stadium sing. They've lost their soul.

Fuk that mean?
"Going to the High Court" is unlikely...or at least unlikely to be successful.

Edit: Just to be specific, the PL rules exclude s68 of the Arbitration Act. Even if this is not an enforceable term, City would not be able to Appeal to the High Court because it is such a high bar and indeed would not involve legal points.

I have looked on the Bluemoon forum and not one person understands that they can appeal the PL decision via arbitration (essentially what CAS was). Surely one of them can look up the rules.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but this is complete bollocks. Although hugely successful with some of the best talent in the world, Barca were in decline leading up to Rijkaard’s departure leaving Pep to have a major clear out.

Pep had the balls to sell most of their star players including Yaya, Deco, Eto’o and Ronaldinho and rebuild the team from scratch. Pep’s Barca was even better which was an incredible achievement seeing as Rijkaard’s Barca already played some of the best football I’d ever seen.

Also Spain won the World Cup two years after Pep was appointed so how the fuck he inherited the winners I do not know. It’s more a testament to how he creates winners if you ask me.

Edit: you’re right, he did inherit the greatest player on Earth (at the time) - Ronaldinho - and perplexingly to everyone other than himself and his belief in his project, sold him. The other guy, admittedly already a huge talent, Messi, then went from strength to strength under Pep’s tenure. Getting rid of Ronaldinho* turned out to be a master stroke.

* I feel a bit for Ronaldinho, would’ve easily been the GOAT had he managed to maintain his career and not become a party animal. What in incredible player to watch.
I agree with all of this

I think their old support is sound, regularly 30k whilst in League 1 etc... Maine Road (never went personally) was supposed to be a great place atmosphere-wise.

But this new lot is passionless. I've NEVER heard their fans out WHL and now TH Stadium sing. They've lost their soul.
My Dad supports Man City and I went to watch them with him in the 1st division.

My Dad supports Man City and I went to watch them with him in the 1st division.
Did you go when they had the old kippax?

I'll be honest Maine Road looked like a bit of a shithole, which isnt always a bad thing it can give the place a bit of character but the area around it looked depressing as fuck. It's all gentrified now anyway.

Did you go when they had the old kippax?

I'll be honest Maine Road looked like a bit of a shithole, which isnt always a bad thing it can give the place a bit of character but the area around it looked depressing as fuck. It's all gentrified now anyway.
I watched them away from home but I can't remember who against. I watched them in the most boring game I've ever been to against Norwich once too. Old school man city fans are a good bunch btw. It's these new entitled once who are pricks.

Like others have said I think they need to go hard on City, If they can prove they broke all them FFP rules and come out of this with just a Fine or a small points deduction then what incentive is there for Newcastle to abide by the same rules?
Surely whatever punishment City gets sets a precedent for anyone else who gets caught going forward?
I say expel them from the Football league, and strip them off any titles they have won by cheating!

Back
Top Bottom