Colin Murray No More

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Motd2 has just announced it's intention to become shite. I don't know about anyone else but I would only ever really bother watching MOTD2 as it meant I could avoid the ex-Liverpool crew + Shearer for their marvellous and unbiased insight. Having Murray, a presenter by trade, meant conversation was much more free-flowing, even and the show was a great deal more entertaining. I can't see why they'd want to get rid of him tbh, so maybe he resigned. Either way, this is my Colin Murray appreciation. Thoughts?

I didn't mind him, he at least managed to be impartial (despite being a die hard liverpool fan). Chappers isn't too bad a presenter either.

But considering you are comparing people to the mustachioed twat, grecian 2000, the welsh pony tailed prancing prima donna prick and the 'egg for a head' geordie it's not hard to warm to either murray or chapman.

The real question is who do people actually rate when it comes to talking about football?

I find Steve Claridge more honest and insightful than most tbf. And I could listen to David Ginola say 'Tottenham' all day long. I didn't even mind Adrian Chiles in comparison to most of them.

But that's about it.

img-thing

I definitely think it's time to refresh the main MOTD panel. The BBC likes to create these supposed legends of our time, and the way that they now refer to each other as e.g. 'Lawro' or 'Motty' is just very cringeworthy and feels like some sad, boring old club - which it is. They've all become rather tedious caricatures of themselves, and freshening up the line-up is long overdue. I think you could rotate the presenters and panel - it might make it more entertaining. One week you could have Stephen Fry, then Blur, even the Royal Family. That, I would love to see - especially Philip's take on a Stoke bore draw.

Do they even really need anyone to present and comment on the highlights of games?

I reckon more people would watch if they just showed the highlights back to back - it would make the programme vastly cheaper to make as well.........

Do they even really need anyone to present and comment on the highlights of games?

I reckon more people would watch if they just showed the highlights back to back - it would make the programme vastly cheaper to make as well.........

It reminds me of back in the day when, with chart music, you had Top Of The Pops on BBC and the Chart Show on ITV, the latter showing simply music videos and was much more interesting for me. I think part of the problem is a complete lack of competition amongst broadcasters. If you had e.g. C4 and BBC both showing highlights, then they might have to work harder to attract viewers.

If this was the case they might show more of the games and not constantly miss out the actual highlights.

That's what they do out here (like on Viasat Sport Baltic) during halftime. They show highlights of recent matches with no commentary (or even 20 mins of a recent match). It's astonishingly disorienting, which doesn't mean it's bad.

The commentators are never on camera and they say not a word if the ball is not on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom