Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok one striker who we could GET in the entire fucking world? Martial pursuit was done months ago when we were priced out. Pato was clearly a long shot desperation time signing. WBA made it clear they were not budging on Berahino. Yet clearly outside of Berahino we pursued next to nothing in the last few weeks. Come on we aren't Millwall we can't find a decent striker option anywhere int he worlkd we can get for £10-20m?

Are you not critical of anything our club has done this window? Just curious.

Not particularly. I like the thought of squad places being filled by academy players, as opposed to reserves from someone elses team, or someone good enough from another team for our bench. If we had signed a new striker last year instead of letting Kane play Europa league games, we would never have done as well as we did last year. Could our window have been better? Maybe. But the last time we brought 7 players in was a fucking disaster. So why would I want us to do that again?

End of the day, we have to accept we are not in the top tier of the EPL. The top lot are owned by Arabs or Russians and plough millions into their squads even if they dont really need it. We are in the 2nd tier with Liverpool, Everton, Southampton and Swansea. We cannot compete with the top lot.

I appreciate that alot of people don't want an arabian sugar daddy. But from my own selfish point of view, I am 45 years old and may well be dead by the time I am 80. I have therefore 35 years to see my Tottenham win the league and the only way we are going to get the very best players and hire the very best managers, is with ALOT of money and getting into the top 4 EVERY season. And that is not going to happen with ENIC in charge. Sad but true.

ASShole?

Your fucking Scottish. Sort your cheeks out.

And you're a cunt. We could sit and tell facts about each other all day really. But it doesn't change the fact that you're hoping shit goes badly for our club just to prove you're right. Next you'll be saying you sometimes bet that Spurs will lose so that even if we do, you're still a winner.

Also, it's you're. Not your. You're English from what I can gather, learn to use your own fucking language correctly, arsehole.

And you're a cunt. We could sit and tell facts about each other all day really. But it doesn't change the fact that you're hoping shit goes badly for our club just to prove you're right. Next you'll be saying you sometimes bet that Spurs will lose so that even if we do, you're still a winner.

You are a miserable feeble brained jock.

I tell you what Mctubbs you tell me what position you genuinely think we will be in come December the first and if you survive the first cold snap of the year in your tenement or you haven't od'd on heroin we will see who's right.

How's that for reaching out to the underclass. You've got something to live for now haven't you.

I appreciate that alot of people don't want an arabian sugar daddy.
You know, this one really gets me. People say they don`t want a arab or a russian billionaire like those at City and Chelsea who are happy to pump their own coin into the club in the pursuit of success and trophies on the pitch. Oh no no no ! we`re to classy for that shit......... But are quite happy to have an English billionaire tax exile who`s only interested in keeping his coin in his own pocket waiting for big pay off when the apples are ripe enough. Weird

You are a miserable feeble brained jock.

I tell you what Mctubbs you tell me what position you genuinely think we will be in come December the first and if you survive the first cold snap of the year in your tenement or you haven't od'd on heroin we will see who's right.

How's that for reaching out to the underclass. You've got something to live for now haven't you.

You're possibly the most pathetic poster on here. You hope we will be in a poor position just so you can be right? That really is embarrassing that you call yourself a "fan". But being honest, I don't see us finishing anywhere lower than 7th this year. Our players from last year haven't forgotten how to kick a fucking ball all of a sudden.

And as for your statements, there's more junkies in England than Scotland, and I live in a fairly nice 3 bedroom house actually. And unlike you, a little bit of cold doesn't really hurt me too bad. Glad to see how much I've upset your pathetic fucking existence however. :adethumbup:

You know, this one really gets me. People say they don`t want a arab or a russian billionaire like those at City and Chelsea who are happy to pump their own coin into the club in the pursuit of success and trophies on the pitch. Oh no no no ! we`re to classy for that shit......... But are quite happy to have an English billionaire tax exile who`s only interested in keeping his coin in his own pocket waiting for big pay off when the apples are ripe enough. Weird

The difference being that clubs like Chelsea and City have sold their souls. we produce homegrown players who come into the club, instead of paying mercenary after mercenary like City do. A lot of our players are proud to play for the badge, the paycheck is just a bonus. How many City, Chelsea or even United players can you say that about right now?

You're possibly the most pathetic poster on here. You hope we will be in a poor position just so you can be right? That really is embarrassing that you call yourself a "fan". But being honest, I don't see us finishing anywhere lower than 7th this year. Our players from last year haven't forgotten how to kick a fucking ball all of a sudden.

And as for your statements, there's more junkies in England than Scotland, and I live in a fairly nice 3 bedroom house actually. And unlike you, a little bit of cold doesn't really hurt me too bad. Glad to see how much I've upset your pathetic fucking existence however. :adethumbup:

Possibly? Possibly? That infers doubt. Name me a more pathetic poster.

I note you have decided to duck our little competition Mcnugget so I can only assume you are

Rp_BoS_Chicken_PD10_01_8b3e8d9d8c.jpg

Off you fuck to your fairly nice fewer drugs double glazed existence.

Tragic kid. Lol.

Possibly? Possibly? That infers doubt. Name me a more pathetic poster.

I note you have decided to duck our little competition Mcnugget so I can only assume you are

Rp_BoS_Chicken_PD10_01_8b3e8d9d8c.jpg

Off you fuck to your fairly nice fewer drugs double glazed existence.

Tragic kid. Lol.

Who the fuck said I had double glazing? :vertna:

I said fairly nice, dick! :dembelefingers:

Id rather he addressed the teams weaknesses than addressed the fans, to explain why he didnt address the teams weaknesses.

Heard it all before. Could have written it myself now....I know the transfer speech off by heart.

If its not a left winger we need, its a striker. If its not a RB, its a CB . We need a winger to play our narrow system? Have 6 of the fuckers but still no defensive mid.

Swap the positions, and keep the problem.

Next summer, add goalkeeper and playmaker to the list.

I'll write you a speech for that one at the end of the season..
Every team has weaknesses. Name me one that doesn't. There are fans of every club whinging about their transfer window...maybe with the exception of City who've spent crazy money on just a few players.

Man Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool all have gaps in their squad that weren't filled. We're no different.

I do suspect they want to sell the club for a huge profit, its no secret. If you feel they treat you only as a customer and you are not getting value for money stop spending.

It's this shit that fucking annoys me and other people more than most. It's not a case of Tesco fuck me off so I'll shop at Sainsbury's, BT are shit I'll go to Talk Talk etc, this is our club. Before ENIC and after ENIC, during dark days and great days.

I can afford family memberships of which I hardly use 2-3 of them, regular tickets, shirts, merchandise, a big Sky subscription that I hardly watch enough of etc and I have those things but, I am fucked off with a lot of cock ups over the years, think that the striker situation is total incompetence and totally the wrong kind of gamble.

Should I just not bother with all those anymore then and forget my team? Probably should cut down and would have to if things change financially but, I have paid and waited to get a season ticket through good and bad years, would likely lose that chance now and lose it for my young son who I hope to share my (our) club with. To be honest I have not booked tickets yet that I normally would have. I am using a mixture of excuses about other things on with the family or kick off times clashing with me playing or whatever but, in truth they're excuses I'd normally not make or find a way round. I suppose it is my own, personal, minor protest. I will not be any less interested in our results. I will be watching/streaming the games and just as emotionally invested in them. The interesting thing is, when they games come I will probably end up still going to most of them, tickets are easier to get than ever.....tells its own story and something ENIC should be wary of when 25k more are available!

There's a bigger picture than ENIC and Levy looking out for themselves ultimately and Poch being the latest experiment in the hot seat but, why the fuck should I just say 'oh well could be worse', 'oh well, won't make any difference'....no, I'll vent my frustrations on a forum or over a pint and so what.

I don't want to be right about thinking we could end up with a very average or worse season because of the balance of the squad or, Poch's philosophy not translating to anything much on the pitch. Both are possible based on what we can see here and now and have seen before. With any luck we'll have serious luck on the injury front and buy time and momentum to get things really going. To me it seems we've taken unnecessary gambles to prevent ourselves having best chance of some relative success this season, rather than 'gamble' a bit more money or be prepared to install a temporary, stop-gap option cheaply. Apparently Levy and Poch say there's no need to do that.....hope they're right.

Last edited:
Every team has weaknesses. Name me one that doesn't. There are fans of every club whinging about their transfer window...maybe with the exception of City who've spent crazy money on just a few players.

Man Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool all have gaps in their squad that weren't filled. We're no different.

We are different because those clubs are successful

We are different because those clubs are successful
I'm sorry, are we talking about our transfer window, this season's expectations, or success of Spurs and teams around us over the past decade? That's a very vague and broad statement. To take each one -

- We have left ourselves in a position very similar to almost every club in the league around us. We're no different.
- This season our expectations are probably the same they have been for a few years now. Ideally 4th, but realistically we should get top 6.
- The clubs around us are, or were successful, more recently than us, yes. But are they ALL successful now? No. Man Utd aren't. Nor are Liverpool. In fact both those clubs are an embarrassment given the money they've spent and what they've ended up with. Do Man Utd, Liverpool or Woolwich have any more of a chance of winning a trophy this season than us? I'd say no. None of us will win the league, and we all have a good chance of a cup run. We have the advantage of being in 3 that we could potentially win.

Couldn't agree more. As others have said, we are playing the corporate sell out game just as much as anybody else but losing at it. If you don't think we are just have a look at our preseason/postseason tours, new stadium naming rights, red kit sponsors and whatever else you can think of.

- We have left ourselves in a position very similar to almost every club in the league around us. We're no different.

Id be more worried (not to mention a massive bell end) if i was a goon. Their first team is thinner than ours in a lot of areas, with a terrible injury record. We were the fittest team in the league last year. Weeks and weeks without a single squad player out due to injury.

Add to that a number of very exciting prospects to call on in the cups. If only one out of Pritchard, Alli, Winks, Veljkovic, Onomah has the type of breakthrough season that Mason or Kane had last year then we are in a much healthier position than most would suggest.

Can't lie and say that i wouldn't have been happy to see Witsel or Berahino come in. They didn't. So we move on and keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom