Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That means he is under pressure!

From who?

Not the fans as he doesn't give a fuck!

Levy will only come under pressure if we're still in the bottom half of the table in December as his and Enic's investment might be threatened and then he'll sack Pooch and then our season will virtually be over!

And then the new manager will want different players in the January window and a new plan will unfold, maybe a new philosophy and then Levy won't back him next Summer window so this time next year we'll be where we are now and this will continue ad finitum ad nauseam until we get rid of this cunt and his investors for good!

Then we might have our Spurs back but I believe in pink elephants too!

Sorry but that is total bullshit. Poch said numerous times they needed to add another striker AFTER we bought Son and N'Jie. So we didn't get Berahino who was clearly the main target and overpriced, however you are telling me there was not one (1) other striker, forward whatever that Poch liked in the entire fucking world? All of our black box and scouting team apparently couldn't uncover more than 1 striking option that would suit us and Poch? Sorry this is apologetic bullshit of the highest order that I am not eating up.

I totally agree. The fact is if you can't get your preferred targets the primary reason is likely to be money I.e. we all know that if you offer enough eventually it will happen 99 times out of a 100. If all your targets are a no mostly because you can't get them for the money you want to pay them guess what.....you need to reassess your target criteria to include a ceiling price that's more realistic. It was pretty clear to most a couple of weeks ago that West Brom were not going to accept under £25m. Once they went public it was even more obvious (imagine Levy bowing to a move without the figure going past his minimum valuation). You can play the brinkmanship game but not if you leave yourself 6hrs to do it still being way off.

Martial was or first target anyway, no? £15-18m was or best offer, perfectly reasonable hey, except he's then gone for double that before kicking a ball again - go figure.

So to say we're not going to get anybody if they're not exactly who we want but, limit yourself to very few targets and not be prepared to do enough to get them then you're just being somewhere between stubborn, deluded or plain incompetent - maybe a mixture of all three is nearest the truth.

To say we'd rather have nobody than somebody is bollocks. Ade is going to cost £5m for the next year no matter what. May as well suck it up when needed and see if he puts it in to earn a new contract somewhere else. If Ade is so mercenary and so calculating about it then he will ensure he's seen to still have something about his game, then he'll be able to get as long and as highly paid contract as possible next summer. Spurs can even put this to him; play like you mean it and we'll give you a glowing reference that will help along with decent performances or, fuck about doing nothing and see how good a deal you can get at 32 having not kicked a ball in club football for 12-18months along with all your other baggage. Not ideal but we've left ourselves in the shit and he gets paid either way and will be gone next year either way.

From who?

Levy will only come under pressure if we're still in the bottom half of the table in December as his and Enic's investment might be threatened and then he'll sack Pooch and then our season will virtually be over!

And then the new manager will want different players in the January window and a new plan will unfold, maybe a new philosophy and then Levy won't back him next Summer window so this time next year we'll be where we are now and this will continue ad finitum ad nauseam until we get rid of this cunt and his investors for good!

People don't release statements unless they feel they have to!
In this case it is a reaction/answer to a mass critique!

We (not you specifically) moan we have a Chairman that hides in his office and doesn't pick up the phone. Then he releases a statement and we (again not you specifically) moan about the contents of said statement.

He's not going to address everyone's questions unfortunately, it's not a Q&A. I personally thought, even though you can assume if you want it's bullshit, that it was good of the club to confirm their transfer activity.

It won't keep everyone happy. Signing Berahino wouldn't have kept everyone happy. But it does allow you to understand their position, and certainly makes both Levy and Poch more open to negativity by making the claims they have.

Id rather he addressed the teams weaknesses than addressed the fans, to explain why he didnt address the teams weaknesses.

Heard it all before. Could have written it myself now....I know the transfer speech off by heart.

If its not a left winger we need, its a striker. If its not a RB, its a CB . We need a winger to play our narrow system? Have 6 of the fuckers but still no defensive mid.

Swap the positions, and keep the problem.

Next summer, add goalkeeper and playmaker to the list.

I'll write you a speech for that one at the end of the season..

That's true so perhaps he felt a tad guilty for shafting Pooch leaving him with an incomplete squad even though Pooch said he was satisfied with it!

Like fuck he was!

:pochwtf:

It's well known that the pr look on forums ( some even post on them) & hear the general chat of fans. So I'd gather that is a factor ,also of course the release by the Trust.

I would disagree. He doesn't need to say anything. For all we know, Poch said get Berahino if you can, but if not don't worry I'm happy with my options.
Maybe I am a fool.
Oh my word.
jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

All that would have made some sense, if we weren't ready to pay a whooping £20m a few days ago for Saido fooking Berahino.

Actually screw that - even then it wouldn't have made fuck all sense.

There is no excuse for leaving business so late, ever. Nor is there any excuse for using talent promotion as a sorry red heering, when in fact all of our most progressive talents are midfielders (of which we are overstocked in the primary first team squad) and not forwards.

It's a shithousery of a statment, pure damage control.

Last edited:
From who?

Dont really want Levy gone but I agree with the rest of it.

After the cataclysmic destruction of our heroic CL set up, and trying to get us to Stratford, Im running out of excuses.

Modric and Bale replaced with championship garbage and the ins and outs of managers who range from clueless to amature. Gone from thrilling and jaw dropping to gutless, confusing suffocatingly sterile football, where most of our attacks go back to the halfway line, rather than take a shot.

To dare is to what? Pass backwards because you are a shitter?

The youth the youth! How very romantic......problem is we have children where we once had Parker, VDV and Modric. Spend 10 years breaking into the top 4, to dismantle the entire thing and "build for the future"...

Fuck off....AVB was the next level I was told....as stupidly stubborn as he was, he still wasnt backed with his own signings, which sounds like ground hog day to me.

Oh my fucking days, I just want to rip my brain out when I think about it. And to think some cunts are loving this "era".

Fucking trial and error, hit and hope shambles. Cliched or not, I genuinely preferred it when we were mid table.

I agree with Sammy 100%. Levy has become the story and when that happens it's time to go. Yes I understand he is a share holder etc, but Chairman he does not need to be. Although I think it unlikely there is any kind of spine in the board room to ask Daniel to move aside.

ENIC used us to buy up land. They used as to increase that lands value. They used our club to obtain permissions to redevelop that land. They did just enough to mask their true intentions by throwing minimum crumbs our way. No real investment. All zero net spend. They have taken a European Giant football club to a respectable level...well fucking done. We are Tottenham Hotspur, not Man Shitty, not Chelsea, anyone who knows shit all about football knows Spurs, ENIC have taken us to just below "par" and are getting praise for it or slapping their own backs in doing so....

They will leave behind a club in 100's of million pounds of Stadium debt while they ride off very rich through their property deals. That's their legacy for us.

I agree with Sammy 100%. Levy has become the story and when that happens it's time to go. Yes I understand he is a share holder etc, but Chairman he does not need to be. Although I think it unlikely there is any kind of spine in the board room to ask Daniel to move aside.

ENIC used us to buy up land. They used as to increase that lands value. They used our club to obtain permissions to redevelop that land. They did just enough to mask their true intentions by throwing minimum crumbs our way. No real investment. All zero net spend. They have taken a European Giant football club to a respectable level...well fucking done. We are Tottenham Hotspur, not Man Shitty, not Chelsea, anyone who knows shit all about football knows Spurs, ENIC have taken us to just below "par" and are getting praise for it or slapping their own backs in doing so....

They will leave behind a club in 100's of million pounds of Stadium debt while they ride off very rich through their property deals. That's their legacy for us.

Anybody, who knows their football, knows about Spurs. This much is true. But anybody who believes we're a European Giant football club needs a fucking reality check.

They have taken a European Giant football club to a respectable level...well fucking done. We are Tottenham Hotspur, not Man Shitty, not Chelsea, anyone who knows shit all about football knows Spurs, ENIC have taken us to just below "par" and are getting praise for it or slapping their own backs in doing so....

And for the majority of the 10 years before they turned up, we were a mere mid table team and hardly ever playing in European competition. Now we are consistently finishing as one of the top 6 teams in the country and playing on a continental stage season in, season out.

Pre Enic 1990-2001: 10th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th, 12th. Two seasons in Europe (91/92 and 99/00)

Post Enic 2001-2015: 9th, 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th. Eight seasons in Europe.

Just to give a little bit of balance more than anything. As much as you can hate them, they've taken us on a level.

My main gripe with them is the lack of investment to really push us on and not winning more trophies. Then again, the rise of Chelsea, City with all their money definitely dented our hopes in the past 6 seasons. Are we on par now? I'd say so. Were we previously, not a chance.

FWIW, I don't disagree with you about what they have done with the land and how they have used the club for their own gain...however when they eventually do up sticks and move on I'd suggest they leave us in a better place than when they joined.

Anybody, who knows their football, knows about Spurs. This much is true. But anybody who believes we're a European Giant football club needs a fucking reality check.

Hmmm, I bet most people in most countries know the name Tottenham Hotspur though. Only 12 clubs in history have won more major European trophies (CL/European cup, UEFA Cup/Europa and the Cup Winners) than us.

And for the majority of the 10 years before they turned up, we were a mere mid table team and hardly ever playing in European competition. Now we are consistently finishing as one of the top 6 teams in the country and playing on a continental stage season in, season out.

Pre Enic 1990-2001: 10th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th, 12th. Two seasons in Europe (91/92 and 99/00)

Post Enic 2001-2015: 9th, 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th. Eight seasons in Europe.

Just to give a little bit of balance more than anything. As much as you can hate them, they've taken us on a level.

My main gripe with them is the lack of investment to really push us on and not winning more trophies. Then again, the rise of Chelsea, City with all their money definitely dented our hopes in the past 6 seasons. Are we on par now? I'd say so. Were we previously, not a chance.

FWIW, I don't disagree with you about what they have done with the land and how they have used the club for their own gain...however when they eventually do up sticks and move on I'd suggest they leave us in a better place than when they joined.

And if EUNUCH hadn't had been the new owners we could have won the Champions league.

Back
Top Bottom