Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unless you're best mates with Levy, you won't know if we bid for any players. We could have made moves and been rejected. The proposed selling club don't always act like West Brom did with Berahino and air everything in public.

And to clarify, I don't give a fuck if Welbeck is a winger or a striker. He's a cheating goon fuck.

Exactly, and unless Sammy is best mates with Poch, we don't know if he ever wanted to sign a DM. Just because the fans and papers link us with them, doesn't mean he is desperate for them and sees them as a priority. He wanted some better defensive options which we got early. And we wanted attackers, which however you want to look at it, we got 2 of them. CF's or not, they are attack minded players who know where the goal is, and can probably play up front if we need them.

My biggest gripe is that we haven't even registered Adebayor. He's a cunt and not a great player for us anymore. But I would at least like him to be an option in the worst case scenario.

You keep banging on about us having DM targets, yet I don't actually remember us bidding for any?

I could have just forgotten mind you, we were linked with every cunt under the sun.

haha....if we were reported as bidding you would say it was paper talk......

I remember us being heavily linked with Mcarthy, Suarez and Imbula before we lost out, and suddenly Dier became the answer.

Short memories

haha....if we were reported as bidding you would say it was paper talk......

I remember us being heavily linked with Mcarthy, Suarez and Imbula before we lost out, and suddenly Dier became the answer.

Short memories

We were linked with McCarthy and didn't make a concrete offer, same with the other two. If we were really interested I'd imagine we would have made a bid. But you can use the paper talk to justify how Poch didn't sign what you want if you so choose.

I'm just saying if we really wanted a DM to join our already full CM department, we would have at least had a bid rejected for one.

We were linked with McCarthy and didn't make a concrete offer, same with the other two. If we were really interested I'd imagine we would have made a bid. But you can use the paper talk to justify how Poch didn't sign what you want if you so choose.

And you can believe that Poch wanted to use Dier as a DM all along and we dont need to upgrade

And you can believe that Poch wanted to use Dier as a DM all along and we dont need to upgrade

I believe that Poch believes in bringing through a core of young english talent. Whether they be home grown or not I believe he has a philosophy of training young players up to be world beaters (if he can). Whether I like that or not doesn't matter one bit to him really.

Here's a thought then Sammy. Dier was used in cb and rb last year mostly because our other options weren't good enough. Dier was one of our best players last season with the most potential, yet the early signings were in the two positions he played best in.

Ever think Poch might have used dier in CM last year had we had a stronger back 4?

Also, if Poch is being molested by Levy as much as you claim, I'm sure he would tell him to shove his bald head up his arse. He is his own man after all.

Or we could have not been able to sign the players he wants due to other circumstances outwith our hands, gave him another Stambouli and spent the next 10 months bitching about how Poch never plays him.

Here's a thought then Sammy. Dier was used in cb and rb last year mostly because our other options weren't good enough. Dier was one of our best players last season with the most potential, yet the early signings were in the two positions he played best in.

Ever think Poch might have used dier in CM last year had we had a stronger back 4?

I didnt say we had a stronger back 4, I said that our main problems at the back lie in front of our defence, in central midfield.
I also remember Poch playing Vlad at RB, instead of Dier when we got fucked at home to Villa, so who knows. He is not exactly the pillar of team selection.

Also, if Poch is being molested by Levy as much as you claim, I'm sure he would tell him to shove his bald head up his arse. He is his own man after all.

I think thats probably the most retarded thing Ive ever read.

Back
Top Bottom