Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I have been very clear that we would only add players that we felt would improve us and if any one player was not possible then I prefer we do not add for the sake of it. Much has been said about us only having one recognised striker in Harry - I don’t accept this at all - the positional play of today’s forwards means it’s too simplistic to look for goals from any one position - playing a fluid style means players switch. Also we secured Sonny and Clinton in the knowledge that we may not be adding any other forward."

So why did we put in 3 bids for Berahino yesterday?

There is nothing in the text you quoted that disqualifies 3 bids for Berahino. They may have wanted another striker, even though they didn't find it absolutely necessary to add one.

They may have tried to get Berahino, but they weren't desperate enough to land him to pay whatever the selling club, that didn't want to sell, demanded.

I did, yet berahino is not an out and out striker is he. Like he said they have to be more than the Austin type. He wanted him but said he doesn't accept we only have one striker as his definition of a striker is different, like Rodriguez. He feels goals should come from more than just one position. Read the post
Oh come on - Berahino was seen as another CF. How many wide AM's do we need? Just accept the point.

They were asked by the Trust and they replied...the Woolwich trust did the same, it'll be interesting to see their reply.

Im not interested in what the Scum did, Im still waiting for Levy to explain why he bid for Berahino 3 times between Sunday and Monday, but not one single time between July 1st and August 18.

For example

Last edited:
Im not interested in what the Scum did, Im still waiting for Levy to explain why he bid for Berahino 3 times between Sunday and Monday, but not one single time between June 1st and August 18.

For example

“Thirdly, we never make anything public, particularly in the best interests of the players involved. Making aspects such as transfer requests public is wholly disrespectful to a player."

What's done is done. Either you're happy with our dealings in the transfer market or you're not. Time to get behind them and do our bit as "supporters" and follow them every step of the way.

We should probably concentrate a bit more on getting behind the team now rather than bitching at one and other!

Its all very reasonable until you factor in 4 things. (1) Harry is knackered. (2) Its only his second ever season as undisputed no.9 & he has all the added pressure of coming off a stellar first season (3) We're going to be playing an absolute ton of games, including Harry turning out for England in competitive matches (4) with all of the back strikers being small and lightweight we're going to have to show some as yet unseen finesse because knocking it direct as we have been is going to see the ball pinging back at us at a very uncomfortable rate.

And if they didn't we all know who'd be complaining that the club had nothing to say...

I dont care what they have to say....I could have written that the minute the window shut.
We hear it every fucking year.

I know we culled the squad. What I want to know is why we have no DM and a back up striker.

Not that we failed our main targets. Thats pretty obvious.

There is nothing in the text you quoted that disqualifies 3 bids for Berahino. They may have wanted another striker, even though they didn't find it absolutely necessary to add one.

They may have tried to get Berahino, but they weren't desperate enough to land him to pay whatever the selling club, that didn't want to sell, demanded.
So why leave it until deadline day to pepper WBA with bids? Sounds pretty desperate to me.

Back
Top Bottom