Club Or Country?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you prefer your country won a world cup or Spurs won the league?

• Club

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Country

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
What I don't understand is that, majority of the English always say they prefer their club to win over their country, but once you ask the average Englishman on what their favorite moment as a soccer fan and the majority of the responses are like Trippier scoring against Croatia, Beckham scoring against Greece or Owen scoring against Brazil.....so if people really like their clubs so much, which aren't the favorite moments more club oriented?
Ask for example English United fans and the vast majority will say Solskjaer's winning goal in the CL final in 99 or possibly another club related moment.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that, majority of the English always say they prefer their club to win over their country, but once you ask the average Englishman on what their favorite moment as a soccer fan and the majority of the responses are like Trippier scoring against Croatia, Beckham scoring against Greece or Owen scoring against Brazil.....so if people really like their clubs so much, which aren't the favorite moments more club oriented?
Owen against Brazil? You sure? In the WC QF England lost, or the 1-1 friendly draw?

I could understand Owen against Argentina. Just surprised so many people you know claim one of the Brazil goals.

Unless you are spouting shite again.

Owen against Brazil? You sure? In the WC QF England lost, or the 1-1 friendly draw?

I could understand Owen against Argentina. Just surprised so many people you know claim one of the Brazil goals.

Unless you are spouting shite again.

Give the bloke a break he’s obviously a Spurs fan from abroad. Even I knew immediately that he meant Owen scoring against Argentina in France 98. Get a grip FFS.

Last edited:
Away and get fucked. You’ve been a member here for about twenty seconds and you’ve decided you can cut about the place telling people what to do. Get fucked. Again.

You don’t really deserve a response because you ooze thick cunt.

My apologies to others for responding to this arse-wipe - it wont happen again. :roseunsure:

Back
Top Bottom