Club Investment

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With all these rumors about some kind of club investment on the horizon (small % of the club being sold, or a cash injection from Lewis after selling off another one of his companies) do we know how this money will be used? Before financial fair play the money could be used directly on transfers and wages but FFP has changed that. Is it safe to assume that the new found cash will be used on FFP exempt items like infrastructure and youth set-up while the money currently earmarked for that gets moved into the budget for transfers and wages?

I guess we will know soon...

fuck all that. I'd like them to spend it on employing non-retarded people to run the catering facilities instead of the minimum wage muppets they've got at the moment.

jimmyriggle said:
fuck all that. I'd like them to spend it on employing non-retarded people to run the catering facilities instead of the minimum wage muppets they've got at the moment.

There is one in the East Upper on the bagel and juice stall that can't speak a word of English, you actually have to physically point to what you want and then again at what it is on the price board.

Blanchflower said:
jimmyriggle said:

There is one in the East Upper on the bagel and juice stall that can't speak a word of English, you actually have to physically point to what you want and then again at what it is on the price board.

You have a bagel and juice stand?? :modricwtf:

HarryHotspur said:
Blanchflower said:
jimmyriggle said:

You have a bagel and juice stand?? :modricwtf:
Yes we do. Although I hate the smell of tuna and the bloke two seats from me is often scoffing a tuna bagel

So let me see...

Players- No
Increased Wages - No
Training Ground - No
Stadium - No
Youth Setup- No
People Who Speak English To Serve Us Juice and Bagels- YES

sound correct? :cudicini:

Get on it Mr. Lewis!

The way I see it Levy has probably already earmarked a certain amount of capital to be used for redevelopment. This probably falls way short of what is needed to build the stadium, whilst still being able to offer competitive wages.

If investment comes the, say £50M can be used to built the new stadium, but the money that has already been put away for a rainy day can be used to spend on transfers and loosening the wage budget.

I wouldn't worry about FFP.

This is Dan Levy we are talking about. If he can take from one pot, put it in another pot to get around FFP then it would be an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me if we heard about an investment, worth say 30% of the club, so about £130M, and also something to do with the naming rights for the stadium around the same time.

Any new investor will no doubt buy the club outright, but once the stadium has been built.

The investment helps this process to begin. The stadium can begin, the club have money to invest in players, and once built, the revenue from the larger crowds will mean that the higher wages aren't an issue. Then the complete takeover, with naming rights all in place, can begin. ENIC can walk away with their £400M or whatever.

FFP wont be an issue as the whole time the club is being run as a business, not as a sugar daddy's plaything

With the new training ground, and it looking like a HUGE focus on making sure we get the best young talent coming through I can see our business model being to train the kids and ship them out.

If players like Townsend, Kane and Carroll don't make it then potentially there is a nice tidy profit in selling them on.

Danny Rose being a good example. If we can get £3M for him then that is a great bit of business for the club. Especially true with add-ons and transfer percentage fees.

Livermore and Caulker will both either save us a fortune in buying suitable squad players, or will earn a pretty penny if eventually sold.

Obviously we all want the lads coming through to stay on and be Spurs from a child to retirement, but if they can leave and keep the coffers ticking over then the academy is doing a good job.

Sibs said:
FFP wont be an issue as the whole time the club is being run as a business, not as a sugar daddy's plaything

We are thinking along the same lines then Sibs. I am not worried about FFP at all. I just wanted to make sure that my thinking of what the money would go for made sense to others. If this investment stuff is true there are exciting times ahead!

Back
Top Bottom