Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going under the radar a bit, but i think he's done quite well so far. Nothing spectacular but solid.

He's kind of like Davies in that respect.
Yeah, I haven't seen much of an improvement on Davies from him. But I think Davies himself was pretty underated.

Quite lucky not to get a second yellow tonight though.

Yeah, I haven't seen much of an improvement on Davies from him. But I think Davies himself was pretty underated.

Quite lucky not to get a second yellow tonight though.

The way the cards were given out tonight was a joke...... Was really worried we'd get a dodgy red.

Not terrible, certainly not great, still need 2 top class centre-backs if we really want to go places.

Romero - Dier - Lenglet (Davies) and an erractic goalkeeper behind them isn't gonna do much for you, that's for sure.

oh hes far better than davies. they are pretty similar in terms of actual defending, but on the ball lenglet is in a different league to davies. in this system the defenders need to be good on the ball because you have a workman like midfield that offer no real creativity, so you need ball players at the back. romero and lenglet are good enough.

I'm sure Conte us hoping Davis is fit for the NLD. We never got that LCB upgrade did we? Thing is I've been looking around world football and the truth is the only one I think at the moment is worth good money and this includes Bastoni is....Hincapie and ges played most of the season at lb. I just think he looks talented.
I watched Munich vs Leverkusen this past Friday. Hincapie did not play too well. They lost 4-0. You might want to give it a watch.

Going under the radar a bit, but i think he's done quite well so far. Nothing spectacular but solid.

He's kind of like Davies in that respect.
He was surprisingly nasty today, like he was bullying teenagers. I liked that he made credible forward runs from the LCB position and am interested to see more of this.

He's definitely meeting the passing grade so far. Solid whenever called upon. Nothing amazing just yet, but perfectly fine.

I hope for more of the same at minimum.

If he was brought in on loan to be a stop gap until we could get what we need next summer then he's been more than serviceable. Experienced and good technique. And better than just wasting money on someone who we would look to upgrade regardless.

Imagine if we had to play a right footer at left sided centre back with Davies out like we have done over the past few years with Sanchez and Tanganga?

I watched Munich vs Leverkusen this past Friday. Hincapie did not play too well. They lost 4-0. You might want to give it a watch.
The form does not change my opinion that he looks talented. As it didn't with Sarr's in France. I watched Robertson in a Hull team that went down( he had a few stinkers too )and said we should sign him. I think as a LCB not out of position where he's playing now, at the money quoted he's worth a punt.

Last edited:
I thought he looked really good on the ball and was receiving the ball really wide, almost where Perisic would usually get it when he plays.

Very clever in possession on and off the ball. Very good player to have in the squad!

Yesterday was first match he truly showed us his wonder passing ability is.

Before our first goal, it seemed like he'd be the one to break Francfurt lines. He had some great passes that were let down due to some sloppy touches from Sess and Son early in the match.

Back
Top Bottom