Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't lie - he's the signing, I'm most excited about this season - fantastic player and an absolute bargain for a 21-year old. I think he could well be that creative difference in the centre we've been missing for years now

I remember people doubting Modric's ability when he signed. He was too slight and lightweight for the rough and tumble of the Premier League, yet he managed to forge himself into being one of the finest midfielders in the league. Now I'm seeing similar things being levelled at Eriksen. I'm just as hopeful for him as I was for Modric. Eriksen is even more of an attacking and goal scoring threat than Modric and I believe he will fulfill the missing pieces that were both Modric and VDV in one player.

Christian Eriksen sold on Tottenham move by Franco Baldini and Daniel Levy
Last Updated: September 16, 2013 11:17pm

Christian Eriksen has revealed the desire Franco Baldini and Daniel Levy showed to sign him was a crucial factor in his decision to sign for Tottenham.

The Denmark international, who completed an £11.5m move to the club towards the end of the transfer window, impressed on his Spurs debut in the 2-0 victory over Norwich on Saturday.

And he explained that, after speaking to Tottenham chairman Levy and Spurs technical director Baldini, his mind was made up over the move to White Hart Lane.

"I talked a little bit with the manager but I had more to do with the chairman and the director Baldini. They were they guys who really had the right words," said Eriksen.

"The first contact was with my agent and then my agent talked to me and I said, 'Go on, I really want to hear what they have got to say'.

"The next day, I was here for a medical. It went really quick. Just four days.

"It really impressed me that they wanted it so badly and wanted to do it so quickly."

Eriksen has earned comparisons with former Ajax and Real Madrid midfielders Rafael van der Vaart and Wesley Sneijder, and the 21-year-old hopes he can emulate the duo's achievements.

"It is pretty cool to be compared with such big players," he said.

"I have never trained with either of them, but I am aware of them as I'm from the same club.

"They play with the same style and they had really big success when they got away from Ajax so I hope I can achieve the same."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...tenham-move-by-franco-baldini-and-daniel-levy

Andre Villas-Boas hails Tottenham's Christian Eriksen
Last Updated: September 16, 2013 2:22pm

Andre Villas-Boas expects Tottenham's Christian Eriksen to rise to the added challenge of playing in the Premier League.

The Denmark international midfielder enjoyed a fine debut for Spurs at White Hart Lane on Saturday, contributing a key role in the 2-0 win over Norwich.

Eriksen claimed an assist for Gylfi Sigurdsson's opener and was involved in the Icelander's second goal too.

His £11m transfer fee from Ajax may be seen as a bargain in due course and many observers have wondered why Eriksen has not ended up at a bigger club which can guarantee him Champions League football.

Villas-Boas believes there is still some trepidation over entering into multi-million deals involving Eredivisie clubs, but has no fears himself over the 21-year-old's potential.

"It's difficult because the disparity between the clubs in the Dutch league is so big that whenever you have players that perform at this level, it is hard to judge if it is based on individual quality or lack of quality from the opponent," explained the Tottenham manager.

"I think this happened with Wesley Sneijder and Rafa van der Vaart. Most clubs knew they had the potential but it took time for them to grab them - this is probably what happened with Christian.

"We saw him live last season because we thought hard about the possibility of bringing him last season as well.

"He he has all the conditions to become a great player. The Premier League will offer him the kind of challenge that he didn't have in the Dutch league."

Eriksen could get another chance to pull the strings in the Spurs midfield when Tromso visit the Lane on Thursday night for the first Europa League Group K fixture of the season.

"I think Christian is a pure number 10," said Villas-Boas to the Daily Mail.

"That's because of his creativity and also the position he has occupied all of his life. He is naturally gifted in that position.

"His vision, his ability to see forward when he receives the ball are the characteristics you want in a playmaker."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...illas-boas-hails-tottenhams-christian-eriksen

So glad he ended up signing for us. He was the one I was hoping for all summer and eventually we got him for a right bargain! Here's hoping he carries on like the way he played on Saturday. Another bonus is that it looks like we might actually have someone that can take a decent corner!

So glad he ended up signing for us. He was the one I was hoping for all summer and eventually we got him for a right bargain! Here's hoping he carries on like the way he played on Saturday. Another bonus is that it looks like we might actually have someone that can take a decent corner!

pretty sure he took about 3 against norwich that never cleared the first man

So Eriksen reckons Baldini and Levy convinced him to sign with us. Little concerning that it suggests our manager didn't have "the right words", rather Baldini and Levy did. I wonder how many of the signings over the summer would have actually bothered with us if Baldini was elsewhere.

So Eriksen reckons Baldini and Levy convinced him to sign with us. Little concerning that it suggests our manager didn't have "the right words", rather Baldini and Levy did. I wonder how many of the signings over the summer would have actually bothered with us if Baldini was elsewhere.
That's Baldini's role, AVB doesn't get involved in that side of it. AVB isn't the manager in the same sense that Redknapp was. This is why we employed Baldini

Back
Top Bottom