Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that is it for his career...

Thank you, Christian Eriksen!

TELEMMGLPICT000195009181_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqwD2sfO9joeQ6RY-qlTATNB2cSHopZMn-aCc647VHTAY.jpeg
Christian-Eriksen.jpg

0_GettyImages-1167319001.jpg

GettyImages-673498210.jpg

Christian-Eriksen-Tottenham-F365.jpg

1144649987.jpg.0.jpg

4842.jpg

Christian-Eriksen-Football365.jpg

It's also difficult to predict why it would happen.

I think part of the reason will be the heat. I'm always against playing high intensity Sport in summer conditions.

Someone told me that he's known to consume 2 or 3 energy drinks prior to games. I don't know how true that is obviously, or whether that it can cause such a thing, but I do know that if you drink them in quantity they are extremely bad for you. At this point it doesn't even matter of course, but I suppose down the line there'll be an explanation. Sometimes things just happen that don't make any logical sense.

I've just seen what happened.

To clarify its definitely a sudden cardiac arrest. All his symptoms of the episode point to that. There is no doubt the Muamba incident has resulted in improved medical attention.

As a professional in this field I have to say the fact he is stable and talking so quickly means that there is a good chance for him to make a full recovery. There are doubts that he will play again though. I don't think that matters, he's managed to get through the crisis period of an episode like this.

There is no way you can predict this, an episode like this does not present any symptoms. He is not even someone we would consider in a high risk group, unless he has a familial risk which obviously is not public knowledge. He will have been through screening before, but sudden cardiac episodes are devastating purely for the fact you can't predict them.

He's not out of the woods yet, next 48 hours are important. Surprised that the Denmark and Finland game is back on.

This will also affect other players who are close to him e.g. Kane, Toby, Verts, Inter and Ajax boys. The good news is that he is conscious!

Hang in there Maestro.
Thanks for the professional insight.

I've just seen what happened.

To clarify its definitely a sudden cardiac arrest. All his symptoms of the episode point to that. There is no doubt the Muamba incident has resulted in improved medical attention.

As a professional in this field I have to say the fact he is stable and talking so quickly means that there is a good chance for him to make a full recovery. There are doubts that he will play again though. I don't think that matters, he's managed to get through the crisis period of an episode like this.

There is no way you can predict this, an episode like this does not present any symptoms. He is not even someone we would consider in a high risk group, unless he has a familial risk which obviously is not public knowledge. He will have been through screening before, but sudden cardiac episodes are devastating purely for the fact you can't predict them.

He's not out of the woods yet, next 48 hours are important. Surprised that the Denmark and Finland game is back on.

This will also affect other players who are close to him e.g. Kane, Toby, Verts, Inter and Ajax boys. The good news is that he is conscious!

Hang in there Maestro.
Brilliant post. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom